WGR The Night Cap

donbb

Is there really a need to hop on a message board and post about some kid playing “radio”? He probably makes a nickel over minimum wage. Just turn it off. If you can’t find other entertainment than the AM radio in 2018, the problem might be you.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I have no problem with him,if GR did,they would have brought back Brad Riter when Gates left for childish reasons.

Really?  Leaving a job where you make barely more than minimum wage for one where you can make enough money to survive and actually have some fun in your life is a childish reason?  Or do you actually believe he left because the Bills drafted Allen?  If you believe that then you are one of the most gullible people on this board.

20 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Really?  Leaving a job where you make barely more than minimum wage for one where you can make enough money to survive and actually have some fun in your life is a childish reason?  Or do you actually believe he left because the Bills drafted Allen?  If you believe that then you are one of the most gullible people on this board.

To verify the beginning of your statement, Greg Bauch left to go to the Talking Yellow Pages of WNY.  What does that say about Entercorpse's pay structure for producers?

I always saw the late show as a laboratory for the 'young' producers/employees to cut their teeth and learn how to be on air.  Joe B did it and was very rough early and improved.  The last kid I thought was rough early on, but he ended up getting better.  It was a more fun and loose show where they would be free to talk about stuff like wrestling.  It was fine to listen to, but I didnt hang on every word and take things seriously.

I havent heard it, but same thing here.  Its a young guy trying to practice to hone a possible career.  Don't need to take it seriously, and certainly nobody forces anyone to listen.  It is a 7-9 shift (I think) and there is a small fraction of the listeners any of the other time slots get.  I would also rather have that than pre-canned ESPN radio, that we can hear on at least 1 or 2 other stations locally.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, gobilz said:

Better than Schoop rambling on everyday about fantasy football 

I agree. The afternoon 3pm show has gotten bad for me.  It drives me crazy when I turn it on at 3pm..give it  5 to 10 minutes and they STILL haven't brought up sports...but instead are talking about the kind of morning they had in their personal lives.

I'll take the young guys...even if they are a bit rough around the edges and new...just because they mostly talk sports (even if its nba, nhl, nhl, wrestling...anything, not other junk that goes on in their own day-to-day lives.

Edited by mjd1001

8 hours ago, Mark80 said:

22 or so minutes in one hour of commercials.I would think ...100 bucks a pop for every commercial.I was thinking those local guys were making 45-50 ish a year...and it's part time work.

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

22 or so minutes in one hour of commercials.I would think ...100 bucks a pop for every commercial.I was thinking those local guys were making 45-50 ish a year...and it's part time work.

eeeeeeeh not really. Their on-air time is a fraction of their workday, most days.

9 hours ago, joesixpack said:

eeeeeeeh not really. Their on-air time is a fraction of their workday, most days.

Not for Schoop and the Bulldog.  Those guys seem to work the least of any adults I know of.