Who is standing out in the secondary?

Levi is definitely battling rn to make the squad... we are deep in the secondary and he isn’t physically as gifted as the others 

he should be working with KB and Kerley after practice on his press ... so he can get used to big brisusers at the line and shifty route runners

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Levi is definitely battling rn to make the squad... we are deep in the secondary and he isn’t physically as gifted as the others 

he should be working with KB and Kerley after practice on his press ... so he can get used to big brisusers at the line and shifty route runners

The one thing that he has going for him is that Zone can cover a lot of issues with size/speed. If he can be a thorough tactician and know his job well, his hard work might cover up his lack of physical traits. 

The biggest question Wallace will probably need to answer is if he is willing to hit people. Seems very important for McD. 

Just now, whatdrought said:

The one thing that he has going for him is that Zone can cover a lot of issues with size/speed. If he can be a thorough tactician and know his job well, his hard work might cover up his lack of physical traits. 

For sure. But as someone who was an undersized corner I know  he is gonna have to be able to play Press cover 3 zone in McDermotts scheme and that can expose him physically at times

I think in off zone Levi will be good... it will be how he acclimates to the speed and physicality of the other coverages

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

For sure. But as someone who was an undersized corner I know  he is gonna have to be able to play Press cover 3 zone in McDermotts scheme and that can expose him physically at times

I think in off zone Levi will be good... it will be how he acclimates to the speed and physicality of the other coverages

It will be interesting to see. 

He seems to me (at least from everything I've read) like a guy who doesn't wow you on the practice tape, but will do his job well when the lights are on. Maybe I just like his spirit. 

Just now, whatdrought said:

It will be interesting to see. 

He seems to me (at least from everything I've read) like a guy who doesn't wow you on the practice tape, but will do his job well when the lights are on. Maybe I just like his spirit. 

I was a fan of the signing too... you know he has a good work ethic and good coaching

from walk on to starter at Alabama ... that’s a super accomplishment 

he reminds me of a ross cockrell type. Long, wirey, zone corner. If he can add 10-15 pounds without losing speed I think he can be a swing Outside corner

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tre White and Jordan poyer have both looked really good, even better than last year 

Poyer legitimately might be the best red zone safety in the NFL this year. He has a natural eye for the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I was a fan of the signing too... you know he has a good work ethic and good coaching

from walk on to starter at Alabama ... that’s a super accomplishment 

he reminds me of a ross cockrell type. Long, wirey, zone corner. If he can add 10-15 pounds without losing speed I think he can be a swing Outside corner

It definitely shows that he has a passion for success and for the game. I'd rather have a backup corner get straight up beat because he was a little slow, as opposed to just forgetting which direction he was supposed to run. 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Poyer legitimately might be the best red zone safety in the NFL this year. He has a natural eye for the ball.

You know Tommy will be lookin out for him this year... 

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tre White and Jordan poyer have both looked really good, even better than last year 

White strikes me as the type to let his DROY and Pro Bowl snubs serve to motivate him. I'm predicting a Pro Bowl birth and a selection to an All Pro team for him this year. 

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

White strikes me as the type to let his DROY and Pro Bowl snubs serve to motivate him. I'm predicting a Pro Bowl birth and a selection to an All Pro team for him this year. 

When was the last time the Bills had an All-Pro? 

Not doubting it could happen, but the national media likes to ignore us. 

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

When was the last time the Bills had an All-Pro? 

Not doubting it could happen, but the national media likes to ignore us. 

Micah Hyde  was 2nd team all pro last year 

Dareus and Mario both were 1st team all pro in 2014

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Secondary is def not a problem for The Bills this year.....The Pack must be losing it they let Hyde go, and the hot mess to the west of us must be banging the heads against the wall letting Poyer slip away......

Now if the Bills could fix their own hot mess called the O-Line......sigh.