If you were an opposing DC how would you play Bills personnel?

KingRex

10 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

Until our line can prove it's worth,  a zone blitze scheme.  With the QBs we have, just apply pressure and wait for Nate to throw you 5 picks.   AJ burned someone last year playing man coverage, but he was throwing to another AJ..... But AJ green is a monster.

I have no input for Allen yet.

As far as shady goes,  I play him like belicheck played Thurman in our first super bowl.  Let him have yards up the middle.  Don't let him out side.

15 carries 135 yds 1 TD.....5 catches 55 yards.....great defense on Thurman

I'd drop everyone into coverage even my D-tackles. Have all my CBs play at least 15 yards off the line, and make sure I am totally set way before the ball is snapped so that the Bills O has a comfortable amount of time to see what I was doing.

Hey I'm a Bills fan and I never said I was a good DC.

A 3/4 defense with a strong nose might give the Bills offense problems.

I am well aware that it is a passing league, but if I were an opposing DC, I would try to take away the run from the Bills, and weak guards might make me able to do so. I would try to force them to throw and then come after the qbs with  blitzes. This is what I fear will happen.

The Bills, with Bruce, Bryce and company had a GREAT defense but as great as they were, they would sometimes get tired because the offense was just that bad.

If the Bills can find some way, ANY way to field a strong, effective OL, this team has the potential to be fairly good. If not, we are done.

Jmo.

2 hours ago, The Process said:

Play physical. Don't let the Bills get 3rd and managable. Force them to go East and West. Make them cough ip the ball and put it on the ground. Utilize your James Harrison-s or your Von Miller-s to apply pressure. ?

That Sir, is one fantastic avatar!!!!!!

Welcome to TSW!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC

15 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

The point was to dictate what he gets and not let him take over.  It worked.

I agree stats don't mean much but Thurman was MVP that game. Belichick didn't dictate anything. Problem was not giving Thurman more carries

1 minute ago, nucci said:

I agree stats don't mean much but Thurman was MVP that game. Belichick didn't dictate anything. Problem was not giving Thurman more carries

It's not an opinion I formed.  It's from the horses mouth. 

2 minutes ago, JaxBills said:

It's not an opinion I formed.  It's from the horses mouth. 

They gave the middle to Thurman to control our RPO.

4 hours ago, nucci said:

11 players on the line.....Bills won't even complete a pass the entire season with the QBs, OL and WRs on this team.

What does this mean? Football is a physical game....how do you play unphysical? I'm hoping most of this is sarcasm because it can't be serious. Covered every cliche

100% Sarcasm sir!