2019 free agency?

2 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

leading the team in tackles for loss at 17, and 7.5 sacks seems like he has the ability to penetrate/disrupt (3 tech) - no?

Obviously, he can do both.  On the college level, he can do both at a very high level.  Whether or not that translates to the NFL is the question.  HPs skill set includes unusual strength and advanced hand usage due to his wrestling background.  It's said that he's not particularly explosive at the snap.  That explosiveness at the snap is Kyle Williams' trademark.  It's the main difference between Phillips and Williams.  I'm sure Phillips can play 3 technique.  The question is whether or not that will be Buffalo's preference going forward.

22 hours ago, mschifano said:

Why Mack they will use the draft to get there stud!!!

Because he is the next best LB in the NFL after Von Miller. Because he makes game changing plays. Because he'd be the best pass rusher on our roster. Because we need help at LB and can likely find more OL help in the draft than in FA because teams aren't letting good OL walk much these days.

Edited by GreggTX

On 7/24/2018 at 9:24 PM, bills in oregon said:

With the large amount of Space the bills are going to have. What position or positions would you like them to address? And do you have any players you would like the bills to go after?

I think will have to wait and see as of today we’re pretty thin at WR , OL , LB , DE 

but it’s possible ( for example) that the WR’s we already have on the roaster could step up 

or maybe some good WR will be released or we could make a trade like last year ( C B ) 

Your second question is there’s any players I’d like them to go after , I say NO I would much rather us use the draft and use free agency more for depth ( just my opinion)

GOOO BILLS ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Thanks for the hot take

It's an incredibly hot take.

I'll play along though right now....................

the big fish has to be Clowney (forgive my ignorance if he re-signed with Houston) or Mack. Don't see either getting past being franchise tagged, but who knows.

Coleman should be attainable as the Falcons won't have much cap room. But, then again, who the hell knows when it is July of 2018.

On 7/25/2018 at 9:11 AM, Soda Popinski said:

I think they will stick to the plan of drafting and developing talent and going after moderately priced free agents and bringing in guys to compete.   I do think next year we extend Benjamin and probably someone else maybe Shady.    But I don't see us spending the way Whaley spent. 

I think you're absolutely correct.  I dont think they go out there and way over spend.  They maybe bring in 1 higher end, go after a bunch of moderately priced FAs, then a bunch of camp bodies.  It's all about keeping our own, finding talent through the draft, and patching small holes with FAs.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, TheBeane said:

I think you're absolutely correct.  I dont think they go out there and way over spend.  They maybe bring in 1 higher end, go after a bunch of moderately priced FAs, then a bunch of camp bodies.  It's all about keeping our own, finding talent through the draft, and patching small holes with FAs.

Very similar to this offseason.  Murphy and Star brought in to fill specific needs and Davis.   3 starters on defense is not a bad offseason from a FA perspective.  then to draft Phillips and Edmunds giving us another starter and rotational DT, then add on we got Kyle to stick around a year he didn't plan to.     

Next offseason, probably look a little bit at the oline and maybe a playmaker, but no way do i see them plunking down anything like what Mario Williams got to come here.   

• Like (+1) 1