Roxy Music

TSNBDSC

Very unique in that they never put out anything even close to a bad or mediocre album. I drove & saw them play the Richfield Coliseum in 1983 (2 days after U2 on the War tour playing Shea's), they had by far the greatest sound of any concert I've ever been to, everything was so crystal clear. Huey Lewis opened right before he broke out, he ended by saying, "Remember, you just heard the News!" I yelled back, "Get the !@#$ off the stage!" Then it was Roxy time, you could hear them jamming behind a big black curtain. "The Main Thing" starts, the curtain drops revealing the band, and Ferry strolls out from stage right in white tux with cig in hand, too great! Tremendous show, though I did not get my fav, Sentimental Fool, but they played so many other favs, it didn't matter. I was most impressed by MacKay's Editions Of You solo front-center, he just owned the stage.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Rico said:

Very unique in that they never put out anything even close to a bad or mediocre album. I drove & saw them play the Richfield Coliseum in 1983 (2 days after U2 on the War tour playing Shea's), they had by far the greatest sound of any concert I've ever been to, everything was so crystal clear. Huey Lewis opened right before he broke out, he ended by saying, "Remember, you just heard the News!" I yelled back, "Get the !@#$ off the stage!" Then it was Roxy time, you could hear them jamming behind a big black curtain. "The Main Thing" starts, the curtain drops revealing the band, and Ferry strolls out from stage right in white tux with cig in hand, too great! Tremendous show, though I did not get my fav, Sentimental Fool, but they played so many other favs, it didn't matter. I was most impressed by MacKay's Editions Of You solo front-center, he just owned the stage.

i knew you'd tell Huey the eternal truth

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, stuvian said:

saw Bryan Ferry in Montreal a few years back. There's no one like him or Roxy in the music world. I hear he has fallen on fragile health

this would have taken a few years out of you...

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=111484&page=1

men were screaming like a little B word for minor wind turbulence at Toronto Island last week...

16 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

As a teenager when they released many of their albums all I can say is best album covers ever!! 

the NYT still puts Eno as an answer in crossword puzzles once a month