No matter how you slice it....this offseason

Rudyc80

The offseason so far has been somewhat disappointing (few free agent signings, losing Jennings and Williams, etc.) but it is early.

There is a lot to like about this team, but the o-line needs to be fixed, particularly with a qb with no starting experience.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one here who agrees with his post?  Yeah sure he's doom and gloom all the time, but he does bring up some good points.  Who's left that we can sign that's worth a damn for the left side of the line?  I'm sorry but J.P is going to take a beating if it's anyone on our roster now taking Jonas' place.

The Bills have not improved this offseason.  We don't even have a first round pick.

277267[/snapback]

Just when I thought you were starting to mellow with age like fine wine .....

Do you mean to say we're DOOOOOMEEED?

I'm fairly certain that Rudy has some kind of a Munchausen syndrome working.  I'm just to disturbed by it to look into it.

277317[/snapback]

Is your avatar rudy? :-)

Am I the only one here who agrees with his post?  Yeah sure he's doom and gloom all the time, but he does bring up some good points.  Who's left that we can sign that's worth a damn for the left side of the line?  I'm sorry but J.P is going to take a beating if it's anyone on our roster now taking Jonas' place.

The Bills have not improved this offseason.  We don't even have a first round pick.

277267[/snapback]

no you're not.

i'm not saying we had much choice in the matter, but the roster now is OBVIOUSLY weaker than the one we finished the season with. forget about the QB situation. ron edwards for pat williams? teague for jonas jennings? god-knows-who for teague? i am not slamming TD here....i almost always stick up for the guy, as a matter of fact...i know he would have been an idiot to re-sign those two for anywhere near what they got from the niners and vikes. but at the same time we are not one bit closer to the playoffs than the team that ended the season.

and i know it was time for bledsoe to go, but i think that starting a guy with lots of talent but zero experience is at best a wash in '05. i am sure by '06 he will represent an upgrade, but barring a spectacular draft (crossing my fingers) i can't see how this team will be any better than the one that pissed away a golden opportunity against the steelers.

and i can't WAIT to hear all the pissing and moaning when losman gets off to a rough start this fall...it may be the right decision in the long run, but YET AGAIN we seem to be taking one step forward and two back.

Dear Rudy,

I strongly suggest you stop trying to swim against the pro-TD current around here. Just lay back, relax, and enjoy the Kool-Aid.

Trey Teague at LT? Brilliant! He was a Pro Bowler in Denver, wasn't he?

A $9 million RT? Outstanding! McKinnie sucks in Minnesota, anyway, right?

Rookies starting on the OL in 2005...with a rookie QB? Not a problem! I just saw McNally walk across Lake Erie!

No playoffs in 2005? No big deal! We're only in year 5 of TD's 6-year master plan. Give the man some friggin time to do his work, eh?

Sincerely,

KH, proud member of the "TD is a top 5 NFL GM" club....aka The Stadium Wall

PS: Same goes for you, JP-Era.

Dear Rudy,

I strongly suggest you stop trying to swim against the pro-TD current around here. Just lay back, relax, and enjoy the Kool-Aid.

Trey Teague at LT? Brilliant! He was a Pro Bowler in Denver, wasn't he?

A $9 million RT? Outstanding! McKinnie sucks in Minnesota, anyway, right?

Rookies starting on the OL in 2005...with a rookie QB? Not a problem! I just saw McNally walk across Lake Erie!

No playoffs in 2005? No big deal! We're only in year 5 of TD's 6-year master plan. Give the man some friggin time to do his work, eh?

Sincerely,

KH, proud member of the "TD is a top 5 NFL GM" club....aka The Stadium Wall

PS: Same goes for you, JP-Era.

277421[/snapback]

:w00t::w00t:

I guess I missed that one. Did he mention that you you when you were over his house or when he was over yours?

I mean I agree 110% that it would make perfect sense for TD to state to everyone his true intentions regarding what/who he plans on drafting. It's more important for the fans to know the total truth even if it means letting other teams know who we're going to draft. If it hurts the Bill's, who cares, we want the whole truth on TBD!

How many people here work at a company where the boss typically tells employees. "Oh by the way, I intend to replace you in two months" Or better yet, the boss tells everyone else, "I intend to replace Rudy in three months"

It amazes me around here how many people think they are smart!

Then TD basically says we will stick with Lindell and not draft nugent.

277213[/snapback]

It amazes me around here how many people think they are smart!

277482[/snapback]

And it amazes ME how so many people around here are willing to find excuses for all of TD's moves (or lack thereof). Currently, discussion on this board !@#$ing blows. Though it doesn't help the situation when the two loudest voices of dissenting opinion happen to be Rudy and JP-Era :w00t:

Hey, I'm 100% sure TD has a plan for this offseason. In fact, I'm 100% sure TD had a plan for the 2003 offseason and for the 2004 offseason as well. But what resulted from those plans? NO PLAYOFFS. Enough is enough. For 2005, it's either playoffs or TD gets the pink slip.

Gee Mr. Wilson, I'm surprised you'd announce that on a public message board without even starting a new topic.   :w00t:

277521[/snapback]

Gee Mr. Darin, I'm suprised you felt compelled to post yet another smug, sarcastic remark from that well-worn keyboard of yours. :w00t:

You cant sit there and tell me this offseason wasnt a disaster. First we ccut bledsoe and i was never a fan but now we have a rookie QB who did not look ready last year even in mop up duty. Then TD goes cheap and fails to sign Jennings or Williams which i can live with but how does TD not get 1 quality lineman at some point. We have missed out on some solid guys that would have helped our ROOKIE QB who now might be out cause of injury by week 3. Then TD basically says we will stick with Lindell and not draft nugent.

YA KNOW this franchise has missed the playoffs 5 years in a row and TD wants to make it 6. There is no way we are better then the jets, ravens, pats, jags, and probaly cinnci since they actually improved their team this winter unlike us who sat and watched.

Whats more painful is we have no 1st round pick and an untradeable player in henry. Not to mention we cut one of our BEST ST players in Preleau. Now you can mark this post down now or quote me...whatever you want but theres NO WAY IN HELL TD GETS NATE LOCKED UP LONG TERM OR MCGEE FOR THAT MATTER.....so i wonder what in the hell was all that restructuring for or the cuts or not resigning our own?

Sorry but you cannot tell me this team has any shot at postseason and taht our oline will be fine. Gandy is not a starter and was cut this past season. Also if anyone tells me that Peters is a lineman than i hope they dont complain when the bottom line reads JP Losman sets record for being sacked 90 times in one game. Please this line might be the worst in teh league and is laughable at this point. Put Teague wherever you want but regardless it sucks.

I just dont understand how TD can let us get worse instead of better while every other team has improved in our division. Mimai might have more quality as far as players than us. I guess i shouldnt be suprised since TD is the same guy who thinkslindell is solid and will miss out on the best kicker in the next 5 years in nugent.

what a great fuggin off season huh guys?

277213[/snapback]

Your Avatar....is simply the best.Thank You