NATO, EU and Tariffs

7 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Little known coincidence:

Johnny Horton sang "Sink the Bismark."

Johnnie Walker - Captain Frederic John Walker - commanded the antisubmarine group 2nd Support Group in the North Atlantic in World War 2, and was the most successful ASW commander of the war.

His commander was Commander, Western Approaches - Max Horton.

How did I miss this ?

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

We pay 75% of NATO's budget to protect Europe et al from mainly Russia. Most other countries pay less than half of the 3.5% of GDP that we pay. Germany, the richest country in Europe pays 1.2% of their GDP into NATO. The EU basically screws us on tariffs. For example, our tariff on a BMW's or Mercedes coming from overseas is a measly 2.5% while the EU's tariff on a Ford built in the USA is 10%. Germany is importing about 12 billion dollars of natural gas from Russia annually. The USA can now export liquified natural gas to Europe.

I look at NATO and the EU in some ways as being different arms of the same body. WTF are we doing by allowing the people that we basically protect from Russia to screw us on tariffs and then put money into Russia's coffers? I think it's well past the time to correct this nonsense and it appears that we have a president in place who not only recognizes that but is willing to use our economic and military might to do something about it.

The anti NATO propaganda has arrived! Did Putin write that? 

Same people saying what what a great guy Kim is. And not a nuclear threat. 

You will ill lose this one, too. 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The anti NATO propaganda has arrived! Did Putin write that? 

Same people saying what what a great guy Kim is. And not a nuclear threat. 

You will ill lose this one, too. 

Gleeful Gator, you have no ability to even understand the basics here. Maybe you should sit this one out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I had my husband watch that Trump breakfast video this morning. While I support a lot of things President Trump does, my husband is skeptical.  My non-political-husband thought Trump was entirely correct and gave him major props for saying it.  I was cheering Trump through the whole video. ?

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Idiocy. It's all they have left. 

Ha ha ha! Anyone that hasn't checked out the first post in the deep state thread should! And ask DR here what a poli and multi globalist is. 

F k n idiot! 

Idiocy is all they have left, which is why Tibs is the standard bearer on this page. He's got no arguments left, nothing but weapon-grade idiocy, devoid of fact and logic. 

... IDIOCY IS ALL THEY HAVE LEFT: 

Are you kidding me, Kerry?! After the year you've had actively working to overthrow a legally elected POTUS

Get bent, John.

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Idiocy is all they have left, which is why Tibs is the standard bearer on this page. He's got no arguments left, nothing but weapon-grade idiocy, devoid of fact and logic. 

Are you kidding me, Kerry?! After the year you've had actively working to overthrow a legally elected POTUS

Get bent, John.

Obama "secured a pledge". He secured a pledge from Iran too.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Get bent, John.

In addition to misquoting history ...  France & Germany were bending over backwards to be in Russia's good graces after 9/11

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Get bent, John.

That guy's been a traitor since the early 1970s. Can safely ignore anything he has to say.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Idiocy. It's all they have left. 

39 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Get bent, John.

That is so John Kerry.  There has never been anyone who enjoys hearing himself speak more than that guy. 

• Like (+1) 1