Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

19 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Nonsense. If you asked anyone here what they like about Peterman 90-95% of them would say that he knows where he wants to go with the ball, makes quick decisions, and throws an accurate pass. 

Thats what everyone thinks and that's what he does and that's what he did today. 

If you ask people if he has a strong arm, does he throw the ball downfield a lot, does he go to his third and fourth read, etc, they would say no. 

No one predicted Peterman would be nearly flawless. It's just because he was now all his detractors have to double down like I knew he could do some things but but but....

I liked Peterman and wouldn't have predicted he lands every pass but one. People can never just say maybe he wasn't as bad as I thought. 

In the same breath all the credit they should give Peterman gets thrown at Allen. The fans cheered a 60 yard incompletion. They might be hyped about a first round draft pick. Oh his WRs quit on plays but Peterman was shy on the interception that was through the guys hands. 

Obviously it's not really easy to say see I told you so about Peterman right now is it? 

Funny I see people saying it's only preseason one game! Kinda like I was saying the Chargers game was just one game and he was a rookie thrown in on a joke of an offence. 

I want the offense to move the chains. I'm not particular on how it gets don't or how many reads a QB needs to get it done. If Peterman is landing his first reads why make the second or third. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Lfod said:

No one predicted Peterman would be nearly flawless. It's just because he was now all his detractors have to double down like I knew he could do some things but but but....

I liked Peterman and wouldn't have predicted he lands every pass but one. People can never just say maybe he wasn't as bad as I thought. 

In the same breath all the credit they should give Peterman gets thrown at Allen. The fans cheered a 60 yard incompletion. They might be hyped about a first round draft pick. Oh his WRs quit on plays but Peterman was shy on the interception that was through the guys hands. 

Obviously it's not really easy to say see I told you so about Peterman right now is it? 

No no no no no.  Peterman played great tonight. But he did what Peterman does well. That's it! We already knew that. What all his fans like about him is what he did well. He DIDN'T do one thing to show he has improved on his deficiencies. Not once. In order to play QB at a high level in this league you have to do twenty five different things. He does a few. The things he hasn't shown he can do is what his detractors think will kill his chances. NOTHING he did tonight, no matter how well he played, affects that. 

You cant really fault him for doing what he does well. And his TD drive was terrific. I loved it. But it doesn't show that he can now do the stuff that prevented him from being an NFL QB. 

Not to mentiin that his INT was well behind his target when it was an easy pass. 

7 minutes ago, Lfod said:

In the same breath all the credit they should give Peterman gets thrown at Allen. The fans cheered a 60 yard incompletion. They might be hyped about a first round draft pick. 

Peterman/arm has limitations and would require game planning around them to be successful IMO.

Both Allen and McCarron can handle anything Dabol throws at them... 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Figster said:

Peterman/arm has limitations and would require game planning around them to be successful IMO.

Not to mention that we have one star and one thing we do well and it's called Shady. Every team in the NFL if they really want to take away one element of your game can do a decent job of it. If we cannot get the ball downfield they can somewhat neuter Shady. That why we need the threat and arm of Allen.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Figster said:

I was just happy seeing each of the QBs putting in work and scoring a touchdown. I was glad they were focused on the air attack because it's an area that needs improvement. I have more confidence now in Dabol and this season now.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/29/2018 at 8:10 AM, BeginnersMind said:

So far we have a Peterman who looks OK with no pads in minicamp, bad with pads in training camp, and we all know how he looks in a game. 

We have no idea how Allen will do yet as it’s early. I expected Peterman to be the starter this season but I’m under no illusions that the guy may suck, given his level of suckitude to date. We will see if McD is quick to pull the plug if he doesn’t start playing well. I expect he will be. 

Yo.

28 minutes ago, Figster said:

So did Joe Montana. QB Arm Strength doesn't win Super Bowls. Tom Brady won 3 championships on 5 yard slants. It takes a team, and a system. I'm not saying Peterman is ever going to be elite, but it won't be arm strength that holds his career back

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Yo.

So did Joe Montana. QB Arm Strength doesn't win Super Bowls. Tom Brady won 3 championships on 5 yard slants. It takes a team, and a system. I'm not saying Peterman is ever going to be elite, but it won't be arm strength that holds his career back

As long as he remembers to pump fake he probably will be alright.

Edited by Lfod

37 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

No no no no no.  Peterman played great tonight. But he did what Peterman does well. That's it! We already knew that. What all his fans like about him is what he did well. He DIDN'T do one thing to show he has improved on his deficiencies. Not once. In order to play QB at a high level in this league you have to do twenty five different things. He does a few. The things he hasn't shown he can do is what his detractors think will kill his chances. NOTHING he did tonight, no matter how well he played, affects that. 

You cant really fault him for doing what he does well. And his TD drive was terrific. I loved it. But it doesn't show that he can now do the stuff that prevented him from being an NFL QB. 

Not to mentiin that his INT was well behind his target when it was an easy pass. 

I thought you were talking about Allen here.It's funny you talk about how impressive Allen was, when he showed virtually zero development so far from his college game. He threw the pigskin over the mountains, but his spotty accuracy and suspect decision making forced him to come up short. That's literally the book on Allen. Big kid that can throw balls far. The NFL is littered with failed careers of guys that looked just like him. Did it put a massive smile on my face watching that frozen rope post pass? Sure. But he's got a long, long way to go before he ever sees action in an NFL game. I'm hoping the best for him, even though I hated him as a prospect. It does me no good to root against him now, but as of today, he's closer to Paxton Lynch than Brett Favre.

On 7/29/2018 at 8:10 AM, BeginnersMind said:

So far we have a Peterman who looks OK with no pads in minicamp, bad with pads in training camp, and we all know how he looks in a game. 

We have no idea how Allen will do yet as it’s early. I expected Peterman to be the starter this season but I’m under no illusions that the guy may suck, given his level of suckitude to date. We will see if McD is quick to pull the plug if he doesn’t start playing well. I expect he will be. 

mhmm.

Edited by BullBuchanan

32 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I thought you were talking about Allen here.It's funny you talk about how impressive Allen was, when he showed virtually zero development so far from his college game. He threw the pigskin over the mountains, but his spotty accuracy and suspect decision making forced him to come up short. That's literally the book on Allen. Big kid that can throw balls far. The NFL is littered with failed careers of guys that looked just like him. Did it put a massive smile on my face watching that frozen rope post pass? Sure. But he's got a long, long way to go before he ever sees action in an NFL game. I'm hoping the best for him, even though I hated him as a prospect. It does me no good to root against him now, but as of today, he's closer to Paxton Lynch than Brett Favre.

mhmm.

Name the throws when he was terribly inaccurate. There were a couple at most. Name any throw when he had time and space and just missed it being inaccurate. 

He was pretty accurate. Reilly dropped his second pass that would have been a first down that was right on the money. Foster misjudged two bombs that were great passes. One deep pass to Foster was OB (his first one) but 60 yards in the air you cannot say that was a bad pass because he is inaccurate. 

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Name the throws when he was terribly inaccurate. There were a couple at most. Name any throw when he had time and space and just missed it being inaccurate. 

He was pretty accurate. Reilly dropped his second pass that would have been a first down that was right on the money. Foster misjudged two bombs that were great passes. One deep pass to Foster was OB (his first one) but 60 yards in the air you cannot say that was a bad pass because he is inaccurate. 

I'm not going to name them, because it's not my job to understand things for you. The tape is in the thread. He showed he can throw a football far, which we all knew, and showed some mobility. great.

Is throwing the ball 60 yards in the air impressive? Sure, why not. I'd be more impressed if he put them in bounds where his receivers could catch them. Foster is bad, but knowing that is something QBs are judged on. I don't really care that much about 60 yard bombs, though. i care about passes that move the chains, maintain possession and put us in a position to own the game. hail mary passes don't do that. 

Edited by BullBuchanan

I give Peterman all the credit it the world,  looked great. McCarron also looked good, but let’s remember there was zero game planning by Rivera AND Daboll has no real available game tape of what he plans to run in the NFL.

Once teams start game planning for Peterman, and get a feel for Daboll’s offense, the shine will come off real quick in my opinion, and if I had to make a decision between just the two right now I think I would still lean towards McCarron.

All that said, I’m just hoping Allen’s game continues to improve, and impresses enough that he somehow starts sooner than later.  He has intangibles that can’t really be game planned for.  He has every physical tool a QB could want, it’s like somebody created the perfect QB in madden (forgetting to change the create a player face), and his wonderlic score was super high (37?) so he has a brain to match these insane, other worldly physical intangibles.  I’d trade whoever doesn’t want to back up Allen, and just take my lumps with the rookie.  I really don’t think the game is too big for him, and he will just get better much quicker if he’s getting the 1st reps and experience on the field. 

I can name every pass he threw. He did not throw one ball that required requisite arm strength. Not one. He played excellent, doing the one thing we already know he does very well. That doesn't show me anything. That's like watching Stephon Curry shooting free throws and saying "that guy is an amazing shooter!" He may be but he has to show the ability to hit ten other kinds of shots. Peterman has never shown that ability. He has shown exactly what he did tonight, he just did it great tonight. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I'm not going to name them, because it's not my job to understand things for you. The tape is in the thread. He showed he can throw a football far, which we all knew, and showed some mobility. great.

Is throwing the ball 60 yards in the air impressive? Sure, why not. I'd be more impressed if he put them in bounds where his receivers could catch them. Foster is bad, but knowing that is something QBs are judged on. I don't really care that much about 60 yard bombs, though. i care about passes that move the chains, maintain possession and put us in a position to own the game. hail mary passes don't do that. 

Yeah, that TD throw to Ray Ray was awful... neither Peterman nor McCaron have the arm for that throw. 

Allen as definitely accurate with his passes more than he wasn’t, saying anything other wise is just a bunch of bull ****.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ThunderGun said:

Yeah, that TD throw to Ray Ray was awful... neither Peterman nor McCaron have the arm for that throw. 

Allen as definitely accurate with his passes more than he wasn’t, saying anything other wise is just a bunch of bull ****.

Brady doesn't have the arm strength for that throw either - it doesn't make Allen better. QBs play the game different ways, and sometimes they don't need to make flashy plays because they don't put themselves in that position. Jay cutler has made way more incredible throws in his career than Alex Smith has, but he isn't half the QB that Smith is. I guess I shouldn't be, but I'm really shocked that so many people are so impressed with arm strength in a league where it really doesn't matter that much as long as you have enough.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000400156/article/matthew-stafford-leads-list-of-top-10-strongest-arms 

Both Peterman and McCarron played excellent tonight. I would actually say that for all the talk about Peterman not handling pressure well and getting happy feet (which is 100% true and leads to poor decisions), McCarron has a problem with staying in the pocket way too long and taking tons of sacks. 

1 minute ago, BurpleBull said:

Where your proof of this?

Being on here and other sites and twitter every day since he's been here? If you had to say what does Nate Peterman do well you wouldn't say he knows where he wants to go with the ball presnap, makes quick decisions, has a quick release and throws an accurate short pass? He hasn't ever shown any consistent ability to complete long passes or deep outs or deep crosses or anything over 20 yards that wasn't a lob or showed the requisite arm strength. There was one excellent sideline toss of 21 yards last preseason. There wasn't even one attempt tonight. 

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Being on here and other sites and twitter every day since he's been here? If you had to say what does Nate Peterman do well you wouldn't say he knows where he wants to go with the ball presnap, makes quick decisions, has a quick release and throws an accurate short pass? He hasn't ever shown any consistent ability to complete long passes or deep outs or deep crosses or anything over 20 yards that wasn't a lob or showed the requisite arm strength. There was one excellent sideline toss of 21 yards last preseason. There wasn't even one attempt tonight. 

Yea, he was too busy having a perfect outing. This is a blatant troll job.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

So you can't answer the question. What do you think Peterman does well? Throw deep? Avoid the rush? Nail the deep out? 

"he knows where he wants to go with the ball presnap, makes quick decisions, has a quick release and throws an accurate short pass" Athletic, plays with intensity, smart, resilient.

3 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

Does anything I state below ring true now?

How are we supposed to know if that rings true yet? We haven't seen anything about McDermott's approach from here, yet.

So you're asking this question, the obvious question you're forced answer first is how did you think each of the QBs played?

Did you think Peterman's performance was "off-the-charts?"

How about McCarron?

Was Allen's performance "just okay?"

Pretty curious as to what you think the level of each performance was because the level of each guy's performance dictates the entire statement you refer to.

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

This is just a weird post from someone who either didn't watch the game or believes the QB is responsible for the faults of not just himself, but also the other 10 guys on offense.

Allen was damn good tonight. I think we should all be a bit more comfortable with our QB situation right now.

• Thank you (+1) 1