[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

43 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

^^^^^^Scandella is cooked..

You kn ow what's fun about the Sabres not totally sucking? I am looking forward to this game tonight.They were better team agaisnt Rangers..but forget preseason expectations this is a good Canadians club, one that really needs to be considered along with the Sabres as a potential wildcard team. 

Lets Go Buffalo!!!

That's a heck of a skating team. They got younger and with their fresh legs they have shown that they can fly down the ice. Sometimes changing players for the sake of changing players you can refresh and invigorate a stale team. That's what the Sabres and Montreal did this offseason. 

P.S. I'm not proclaiming that Scandella is a special player because he certainly is not. However, that doesn't mean that he is dreadful. He's a useful defender who so far works well  with Bogo. You work with what you got and put the player in the right situation. Nothing more and nothing less. 

22 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

What's next for Joel Quenneville?

Greg Wyshynski  ESPN   Nov 6, 2018

Teams that immediately come to mind that might be in the Quenneville business:

The Buffalo Sabres, who could view him as a significant upgrade over second-year coach Phil Housley. Owner Terry Pegula missed out on Mike Babcock when he signed with the Leafs; what would he pay to land Quenneville?

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

^^^^^^Scandella is cooked..

You kn ow what's fun about the Sabres not totally sucking? I am looking forward to this game tonight.They were better team agaisnt Rangers..but forget preseason expectations this is a good Canadians club, one that really needs to be considered along with the Sabres as a potential wildcard team. 

Lets Go Buffalo!!!

Yeah, finally they are at the very least, watchable this season.  Last 3-4 seasons I couldn't watch more than a period of any game. Still have a long way to go.  I watched some of the pens caps last night (only early game on), and when you see two pretty decent teams play for a while you can see how the Sabres are still lacking, but definitely much improved.

33 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

What's next for Joel Quenneville?

Greg Wyshynski  ESPN   Nov 6, 2018

Teams that immediately come to mind that might be in the Quenneville business:

The Buffalo Sabres, who could view him as a significant upgrade over second-year coach Phil Housley. Owner Terry Pegula missed out on Mike Babcock when he signed with the Leafs; what would he pay to land Quenneville?

Hmmmm tough call.  Not sure I'd be ready to give up on Housley just yet.  But Quenneville might be better with all the young players that need to develop.

cut.jpg

Game Preview: 11/8/18 at Montreal

GAME-DAY RESOURCES

Game Notes NHL Stats Press Clips

LAST GAME
Sunday, November 4
Buffalo 1 at NY Rangers 3
Goals: Sheary
Goalie: Hutton (19 saves/21 shots); 1 ENG
PP: 0/4; PK: 1/1; Shots: Buffalo 40 – NY Rangers 22

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 59)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Matt Hunwick (neck, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 15 games
Scott Wilson (ankle, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 15 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
11/6: Activated F Sean Malone from IR; assigned Malone to Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Saturday, Nov. 10: Vancouver at Buffalo, 1 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 13: Tampa Bay at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 16: Buffalo at Winnipeg, 8 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 17: Buffalo at Minnesota, 6 p.m.
Monday, Nov. 19: Buffalo at Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
SABRES at CANADIENS
  • This is the second of four meetings between the Sabres and Canadiens this season.
  • Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Montreal 4-3 in Buffalo on Oct. 25
  • Next meeting: Friday, Nov. 23 in Buffalo
  • The Sabres are 3-4-3 in their last 10 games vs. the Canadiens; 4-5-1 on the road
  • This is the 281st game all-time between Buffalo and Montreal; Buffalo has a 127-112-41 series record.
  • The Sabres are 54-72-13 on the road against the Canadiens all-time.

1 hour ago, CodeMonkey said:

Yeah, finally they are at the very least, watchable this season.  Last 3-4 seasons I couldn't watch more than a period of any game. Still have a long way to go.  I watched some of the pens caps last night (only early game on), and when you see two pretty decent teams play for a while you can see how the Sabres are still lacking, but definitely much improved.

Hmmmm tough call.  Not sure I'd be ready to give up on Housley just yet.  But Quenneville might be better with all the young players that need to develop.

...certainly agree with your assessment...........

BROSSARD - Here's a look at the forward lines and defense pairings featured at Thursday's morning skate at the Bell Sports Complex.

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Shaw
Agostino - Kotkaniemi - Lehkonen
Deslauriers - Peca - Hudon

Benn - Petry
Alzner - Reilly
Ouellet - Mete
Juulsen - Schlemko

Price
Niemi

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The NHL's best line?  And, a few weeks ago, before they actually played together, Housley's head  was being called for all over the place for coming up with such a stupid line! 

Projected Lineup

Beaulieu will skate on a defense pair with Rasmus Dahlin, replacing Casey NelsonKyle Okposo will move to a forward line with Conor Sheary and Casey Mittelstadt while Evan Rodrigues will center Vladimir Sobotka and Sam Reinhart. 
Linus Ullmark will get the nod in net. Here's the full projected lineup:

53 Jeff Skinner - 9 Jack Eichel - 29 Jason Pominville
17 Vladimir Sobotka - 71 Evan Rodrigues - 23 Sam Reinhart
43 Conor Sheary - 37 Casey Mittelstadt - 21 Kyle Okposo
10 Patrik Berglund - 22 Johan Larsson - 28 Zemgus Girgensons

19 Jake McCabe - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
Zach Bogosian - 6 Marco Scandella
82 Nathan Beaulieu - 26 Rasmus Dahlin

35 Linus Ullmark
40 Carter Hutton

2 hours ago, bbb said:

The NHL's best line?  And, a few weeks ago, before they actually played together, Housley's head  was being called for all over the place for coming up with such a stupid line! 

he's a dunce cause it took him too long to figure it COULD be a great line?

I did not think Pommers would keep up, for sure(hopefully Pommer fans got that)

And I would still trade Housley for Quenneville!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1