Chris Berman Due In Buffalo June 5 Fundraiser

168131_186806428005517_1535398_n.jpg?_nc

"My friend Chris Berman will be the featured speaker at the BFLO Hall of Fame Experience 2018 Fundraiser Luncheon on Tuesday, June 5th at Noon inside the Adam's Mark Buffalo. "

To sports fans in Buffalo and across the nation, there is no one like ESPN’s Chris Berman. His fun play calling, pop culture references and silly catch phrases has made him “must-see TV” for over three decades. Berman is basically a living legend. Along the way, the award-winning broadcaster became a Buffalo backer, appreciating the city’s hard work and loyalty and often hilariously predicting the Bills to win the Super Bowl. He always gives Buffalo sports fans respect and a glimmer of hope.

In a rare Buffalo-area speaking engagement, Chris Berman will be the featured speaker at the BFLO Hall of Fame Experience 2018 fundraiser luncheon on Tuesday, June 5, 2018, at 12:00 p.m. at the Adam’s Mark Buffalo. The event will raise funds and awareness of the BFLO Hall of Fame Experience, which will be the future home, and single location, of the three Halls of Fame dedicated to Buffalo’s Sports, Music and Broadcasting.

Tickets for the event are $75.00 and can be purchased at www.bfloexperience.org/buy-tickets. Also available are exclusive meet and greet sponsorship packages.

A beloved sportscaster, Berman has been an anchor for Sports Center on ESPN since 1979 and hosted the network’s Sunday NFL Countdown program from 1985 to 2016. He also anchored Monday Night Countdown, and U.S. Open Golf. A six-time Honoree of the National Sports Media Association’s “National Sportscaster of the Year” Award Berman was instrumental in establishing ESPN’s lasting popularity during some of the network’s best years. In 2009 he presented Ralph C. Wilson Jr. into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. And let’s not forget those catchphrases “”Rumblin’ bumblin’ stumblin’.” “HE COULD. GO ALL THE WAY!” And of course, our favorite, “No One Circles the Wagons like the Buffalo Bills.”

The BFLO Hall of Fame Experience is a 501(c)(3) with a Board of Directors that is comprised of representatives from three Buffalo Halls of Fame: Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame, Buffalo Music Hall of Fame and Buffalo Broadcasters Association. They have been collaborating to bring one Hall of Fame to Buffalo that would feature these three genres. It will feature the history from each organization, enhanced with iconic memorabilia and interactive participation. Children and adults alike will be able to call the game from a broadcast booth, jam on stage, try on pads from a Bills locker room and much more – a true Buffalo experience!

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Berman's my favorite sportscaster ever. He's likable and always had a soft spot for the Bills. It's great to see him out and about again.

...saw Berman at a charity luncheon in Roch-Cha-Cha several years ago......when introduced as the guest speaker, he opened with, "here we are in Rochester NY, just 70 miles east from the home of the....Buffalo Bills.."......place went absolutely nuts......RIP Tim Russert , another avid supporter.....closed Meet the Press weekly with "go Bills"............

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

How many years in a row did he pick the Bills and/or the 49ers for the SB? He had his “other side”, but who doesn’t? I got a kick out of him. I doubt Jimbo was a part time cab driver through.....

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

How many years in a row did he pick the Bills and/or the 49ers for the SB? He had his “other side”, but who doesn’t? I got a kick out of him. I doubt Jimbo was a part time cab driver through.....

...and the poor guy lost his wife to a horrific car crash but just keeps on "marchin'".......Godspeed Chris Berman........something about "the wagons".......

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Many years ago while in Hawaii, Chris Berman and Bob Seeger engaged in a free spirited afternoon of Mai Tai's at a pier bar near Waikiki; both very friendly and approachable with great sense of humor. They did "go all the way" and had a great day!

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and the poor guy lost his wife to a horrific car crash but just keeps on "marchin'".......Godspeed Chris Berman........something about "the wagons".......

Oooh, I think I did hear something about him losing his wife, but had forgotten that. I just can’t imagine.... I feel for anyone in that club. 

1 minute ago, vorpma said:

Many years ago while in Hawaii, Chris Berman and Bob Seeger engaged in a free spirited afternoon of Mai Tai's at a pier bar near Waikiki; both very friendly and approachable with great sense of humor. They did "go all the way" and had a great day!

That sounds like a heck of a day for everyone! 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Oooh, I think I did hear something about him losing his wife, but had forgotten that. I just can’t imagine.... I feel for anyone in that club. 

That sounds like a heck of a day for everyone! 

...it's devastating Augie......knowing you tragically lost your son ways heavily on me....after a highly successful double lung transplant, I tragically lost my wife to an egregious hospital accident in 2015......we are so lucky to have this supportive community right here...Godspeed my friend...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...it's devastating Augie......knowing you tragically lost your son ways heavily on me....after a highly successful double lung transplant, I tragically lost my wife to an egregious hospital accident in 2015......we are so lucky to have this supportive community right here...Godspeed my friend...

Bless you my friend. We try to focus on what we have left, and not what we’ve lost. I like to think God doesn’t give us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes it’s a struggle, but we do our best. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

Bless you my friend. We try to focus on what we have left, and not what we’ve lost. I like to think God doesn’t give us anything we can’t handle. Sometimes it’s a struggle, but we do our best. 

...you my friend are a true champion............

5 hours ago, vorpma said:

Many years ago while in Hawaii, Chris Berman and Bob Seeger engaged in a free spirited afternoon of Mai Tai's  and  did "go all the way" 

:o:blush:

So many to pick from:

We've Got Tonight

Night Moves

Fire Down Below

Horizontal Bop

Like a Rock