Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden 2018/2019 World Tour....

Recommended Posts

....started today across the pond.....The Set List is absolutely perfect !! It's going to be an intense 18 months !

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t know Iron Maiden if they were in my living room. I appreciate your dedication to trying to spark conversation on them though. You have my respect. You need to tag @Buffalo Barbarian though. He will be in on this conversation (at least I think). 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I wouldn’t know Iron Maiden if they were in my living room. I appreciate your dedication to trying to spark conversation on them though. You have my respect. You need to tag @Buffalo Barbarian though. He will be in on this conversation (at least I think). 

 

I'm not a huge Maiden fan  as they are to light for me.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

 

I'm not a huge Maiden fan  as they are to light for me.

 

 

 

It's funny how things turn out...when I was in HS in the mid 80's, they were considered real heavy.....compared to some of the stuff today, it 's definitely lighter.....

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

 

I'm not a huge Maiden fan  as they are to light for me.

 

 

why are you not in Baltimore for Deathfest these last 4 days? My nephew is there and was actually trying to get me to go for an hour..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

 

I'm not a huge Maiden fan  as they are to light for me.

 

 

GWAR? Cannibal Corpse? Revolting Cocks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

why are you not in Baltimore for Deathfest these last 4 days? My nephew is there and was actually trying to get me to go for an hour..

 

Sounds like good times 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

GWAR? Cannibal Corpse? Revolting Cocks?

 

Just corpse.

 

My favorite band is Dying Fetus

 

 

 

I also like

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

For me it's all about the music . I don't know what they are saying AND I don't want to know.

 

 

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

First of 2 sold out nights in Helsinki...the Fins do love their metal !

 

 

 

All Vikings love metal !!! (Although they aren't technically Vikings)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maiden always puts on a good live show - been going to see them since '82. They alternate tours between pushing a new album and playing more new tracks (like Book of Souls last summer) with tours like this where they're out playing primarily older stuff and the big hits the fans want to see (these are the tours I like to catch better) - doesn't surprise me that 2018 will have a great setlist. Slayer/Anthrax/Testament/Lamb of God/Behemoth doing the same thing this time for Slayer's farewell tour - everyone playing the old stuff the fans want to hear - can't wait to see that show on Friday!

 

Edit - cool - they're back to playing Hallowed....was sad to see that shelved with the legal mess.....

Edited by The Avenger
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Avenger said:

Maiden always puts on a good live show - been going to see them since '82. They alternate tours between pushing a new album and playing more new tracks (like Book of Souls last summer) with tours like this where they're out playing primarily older stuff and the big hits the fans want to see (these are the tours I like to catch better) - doesn't surprise me that 2018 will have a great setlist. Slayer/Anthrax/Testament/Lamb of God/Behemoth doing the same thing this time for Slayer's farewell tour - everyone playing the old stuff the fans want to hear - can't wait to see that show on Friday!

 

Edit - cool - they're back to playing Hallowed....was sad to see that shelved with the legal mess.....

 

I've been lucky enough to see them many many times...1st was on the Piece of Mind tour in 1983....I try to do a minimum of 2 shows per tour....Cannot wait for this one !

 

2nd night in Finland.....Love the stage !

 

Edited by Iron Maiden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2018 at 3:05 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

 

I'm not a huge Maiden fan  as they are to light for me.

 

 

dude...respect your elders! these guys are pioneers of modern metal. they are the architects of heavy, riff laden music. much of their music still stands tall today. they are truly living metal legends!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Geezer Butler said he learned many years go, when he first listened to Led Zeppelin, that metal is not about volume, it's about attitude.

 

In that vein, one of the "heaviest" songs you'll ever hear is something like Dazed and Confused.

 

Most if Iron Maiden's songs sound a certain way and it's a sound I don't particularly like.  One thing they never caught onto is that if the entire song is loud and fast, it ceases to be loud or fast...it just becomes monotonous noise.  A painter will tell you that the only way they can create the appearance of bright light on a canvas is to have the rest of the canvas be really dark.  

 

Wish Maiden would put more dynamics into their music.  

 

I have seen some of their concerts on TV however, and they put on a good show!  Huge crowds and a huge following and everyone in attendance seems to be having the time of their lives.

 

I also love how the singer doubles up as the pilot for the band while they are on tour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, swnybillsfan said:

dude...respect your elders! these guys are pioneers of modern metal. they are the architects of heavy, riff laden music. much of their music still stands tall today. they are truly living metal legends!

 

 

yeah yeah, I'm 46 and Sabbath is way better.

 

I like the heavy stuff even though I'm old and most youngster can't handle. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

 

 

yeah yeah, I'm 46 and Sabbath is way better.

 

I like the heavy stuff even though I'm old and most youngster can't handle. 

 

 

 

 

i am closing in on 43. Sabbath is an iconic band for sure, but i like Maiden better. just my own personal preference. they were a band i was introduced to somewhere around the time i was discovering music other than what my parents were listening to. also, Eddie was just an insanely awesome mascot! while not being overly heavy, Iron Maiden is a lot of fun. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Geezer Butler said he learned many years go, when he first listened to Led Zeppelin, that metal is not about volume, it's about attitude.

 

In that vein, one of the "heaviest" songs you'll ever hear is something like Dazed and Confused.

 

Most if Iron Maiden's songs sound a certain way and it's a sound I don't particularly like.  One thing they never caught onto is that if the entire song is loud and fast, it ceases to be loud or fast...it just becomes monotonous noise.  A painter will tell you that the only way they can create the appearance of bright light on a canvas is to have the rest of the canvas be really dark.  

 

Wish Maiden would put more dynamics into their music.  

 

I have seen some of their concerts on TV however, and they put on a good show!  Huge crowds and a huge following and everyone in attendance seems to be having the time of their lives.

 

I also love how the singer doubles up as the pilot for the band while they are on tour.

 

A lot of Maiden's song offer tempo swings ( from slow to heavy or heavy to slow )....just on this current tour, there's 4 songs that fits that criteria....Sign of the cross, Clansman, Hallowed be thy name and For the Greater good of God....

 

Music is such a personal thing....but clearly, they have a HUGE following....not many metal bands can sellout arenas anywhere on the planet like they do....as sometime else mentioned, they are Heavy Metal legends ( with Sabbath, Priest etc...)

 

For Iron Maiden fans, it's also great that they still pump out some new stuff every 3-4 years...Book of Souls (2016 ) was a fantastic album....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

 

A lot of Maiden's song offer tempo swings ( from slow to heavy or heavy to slow )....just on this current tour, there's 4 songs that fits that criteria....Sign of the cross, Clansman, Hallowed be thy name and For the Greater good of God....

 

Music is such a personal thing....but clearly, they have a HUGE following....not many metal bands can sellout arenas anywhere on the planet like they do....as sometime else mentioned, they are Heavy Metal legends ( with Sabbath, Priest etc...)

 

For Iron Maiden fans, it's also great that they still pump out some new stuff every 3-4 years...Book of Souls (2016 ) was a fantastic album....

 

Maybe I need to listen to more of their music.  No one can question the following they enjoy and the shows sell out wherever they go as far as I'm aware.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, swnybillsfan said:

i am closing in on 43. Sabbath is an iconic band for sure, but i like Maiden better. just my own personal preference. they were a band i was introduced to somewhere around the time i was discovering music other than what my parents were listening to. also, Eddie was just an insanely awesome mascot! while not being overly heavy, Iron Maiden is a lot of fun. 

 

 

I agree ,they are entertaining but it was Metallica for me and just progressed from there.

 

I like Sabbath because they are slower and which makes it more powerful. If you listened to any of the vids  I posted you will see that they all have those  deep crunchy riffs, I'm not a fan of super fast metal, slow power for me.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

 

I agree ,they are entertaining but it was Metallica for me and just progressed from there.

 

I like Sabbath because they are slower and which makes it more powerful. If you listened to any of the vids  I posted you will see that they all have those  deep crunchy riffs, I'm not a fan of super fast metal, slow power for me.

 

 

i did listen to those videos, or at least large portions of them.  i guess i am just a fan of a different style of heavy music. Lamb of God, Devil Driver, Machine Head, even Slipknot, old Mudvayne...i know that none of them are as heavy as the stuff you prefer, but these are all much more my speed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, swnybillsfan said:

i did listen to those videos, or at least large portions of them.  i guess i am just a fan of a different style of heavy music. Lamb of God, Devil Driver, Machine Head, even Slipknot, old Mudvayne...i know that none of them are as heavy as the stuff you prefer, but these are all much more my speed. 

 

I like those guys, I play those when the wife is around so she won't complain as much, lol

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

 

I like those guys, I play those when the wife is around so she won't complain as much, lol

 

 

you're a lucky man. my wife and kids listen to country/pop and top pop 40 stuff. i listen to my stuff when i am in my car on the way to work. although, i do subject them to some real music when they hop in my car. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...