Sign in to follow this  
Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden 2018/2019 World Tour....

The boys were in Stockholm tonight......Sweden has always loved Maiden...from the very 1st album, they've been revered up there.

Edited by Iron Maiden
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, swnybillsfan said:

you're a lucky man. my wife and kids listen to country/pop and top pop 40 stuff. i listen to my stuff when i am in my car on the way to work. although, i do subject them to some real music when they hop in my car. 

friggin hate country and pop... And rap.

Basically  I only like from rock to metal , everything else is a nuisance.

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

friggin hate country and pop... And rap.

Basically  I only like from rock to metal , everything else is a nuisance.

the best form of music is definitely found in the rock/metal category. but i have found some good stuff in the other genres. there is a time and a place for a lot of different music.

• Like (+1) 1

Nicko McBrain ....I love that old geezer...he's in his 60's and still playing metal...When Iron Maiden is not touring or recording a new album, he lives in Florida where he owns a BBQ/Smokehouse joint called  " Rock and Roll Ribs "...it's must stop if you're a Maiden fan...Tons of memorabilia........

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/2/2018 at 6:57 AM, swnybillsfan said:

the best form of music is definitely found in the rock/metal category. but i have found some good stuff in the other genres. there is a time and a place for a lot of different music.

I'm with you on this..... Metal/Hard Rock is my favorite type of music by far, but I'll listen to other kind of Rock...... Pink Floyd, Rush and the Rolling Stones are good examples of the other bands I like......my wife is a huge Collective Soul fan and it's starting to grow on me.... Nothing however comes close to Maiden, Megadeth , Metallica, Judas Priest etc.......

Edited by Iron Maiden

3 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

I'm with you on this..... Metal/Hard Rock is my favorite type of music by far, but I'll listen to other kind of Rock...... Pink Floyd, Rush and the Rolling Stones are good examples of the other bands I like......my wife is a huge Collective Soul fan and it's starting to grow on me.... Nothing however comes close to Maiden, Megadeth , Metallica, Judas Priest etc.......

i was once a pure metal head. but as i have gotten older, i have grown an appreciation for many different styles. also, having a wife and two daughters doesn't always allow for metal, metal, and more metal. i still hate a lot of the stuff that i am forced to listen to, but i have found some good stuff in with the wreckage.

Last night in Norway was the 1st of several summer festival Maiden will headline...this one is called " Trondheim ".....

how are the old boys holding out?  they gonna get through this whole planned tour?

hope so!!

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

how are the old boys holding out?  they gonna get through this whole planned tour?

hope so!!

They look good...My only worries are Bruce's voice ( after throat cancer, you can't take anything for granted ) and Nicko....Drumming for Iron Maiden is hard...imagine doing it in your 60's...

11 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

They look good...My only worries are Bruce's voice ( after throat cancer, you can't take anything for granted ) and Nicko....Drumming for Iron Maiden is hard...imagine doing it in your 60's...

Thanks IM, his voice is a concern, usually there are younger accompanying drummers on the spot to help out for this kind of thing.

The complete show in Denmark 

Yesterday, they went back to Sweden for their summer festival...HUGE crowd...

Edited by Iron Maiden
  • Like (+1) 1

A look back at Ed Force One during the 2016 tour...currently, it does not make sense to use a plane while touring Europe as cities are so close to each other...Hoping that when they announce the " rest of the World " portion of  this tour, we'll see a new version of it.....

Freibugh Germany on Saturday night....

And Arnhem, Holland last night...this gives us an idea of the size of the crowds on that tour...when it's all said and done, this European tour will have been seen by more than 1 million fans....