th?id=OIP.3qHvgBuQYLuT_rncMSnj4wAAAA&pid

The RG3's

th?id=OIP.axvOnwGgIBXxZxSSarZ6SQAAAA&pid

RG3 double dipping!

th?id=OIP.2kcjQyUPojY5zsi5j7HBMAHaEK&pid

Jordan Poyer!

Edited by #34fan

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

This is not a complaint but an observation. A couple of decades ago this was not even on the radar of the marketing gurus. Recently I have noticed a flood of tv commercials that have mixed couples in them. I don't approve or disapprove because I really don't care but I question the reason why? Can anyone explain the thinking behind this?

Now now, we all know that your original post was racist code.

Clearly the correct translation of your hateful post is: "I hate everyone who is not white, and I am offended that the icky coloreds are taking up my TV time, and associating with white women. I need to put on my white hood, burn a cross, and discriminate against the lesser races now. Does anyone want to join me?"

3rd, I can only recommend one cure for the disease that is your hateful bigotry - more pot.

24 minutes ago, #34fan said:

:lol: That one sure as hell is....

And now, MORE RACE MIXING!!!!!

th?id=OIP.1_FCcBsQsOyTf2uIdHTyJAHaIr&pid

Saquon Barkley & Family

th?id=OIP.3qHvgBuQYLuT_rncMSnj4wAAAA&pid

The RG3's

th?id=OIP.axvOnwGgIBXxZxSSarZ6SQAAAA&pid

RG3 double dipping!

th?id=OIP.2kcjQyUPojY5zsi5j7HBMAHaEK&pid

Jordan Poyer!

I'm truly shocked over so few mixed race couples that you've been able to find. From the commercials that I've seen one would expect that we'd have 80-100 million of them.

4 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Now now, we all know that your original post was racist code.

Clearly the correct translation of your hateful post is: "I hate everyone who is not white, and I am offended that the icky coloreds are taking up my TV time, and associating with white women. I need to put on my white hood, burn a cross, and discriminate against the lesser races now. Does anyone want to join me?"

3rd, I can only recommend one cure for the disease that is your hateful bigotry - more pot.

Good idea. Maybe that will take my mind off those darkeys.

30 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I'm truly shocked over so few mixed race couples that you've been able to find. From the commercials that I've seen one would expect that we'd have 80-100 million of them.

Good idea. Maybe that will take my mind off those darkeys.

:) Won't take your womenfolk's mind off 'em though.... -And that's your REAL issue.

And thanks for the slur permanently identifying you as a POS on this board.... All the African American Bills greats thank you for that.

Edited by #34fan

3 hours ago, #34fan said:

:) Won't take your womenfolk's mind off 'em though.... -And that's your REAL issue.

And thanks for the slur permanently identifying you as a POS on this board.... All the African American Bills greats thank you for that.

Hey bro, we joined in the same year. 2011 up!! I trail you by a couple of months. But anyway, that was a good ass year. 

I appreciate your passion and what seems like a zest for egalitarianism. That’s always refreshing to see someone stand up for something. 

With that said, I think you may be barking up the wrong tree with 3rd and Tasker on this one. I think this primarily because I made the same observation as 3rd about the commercials. 

Now while that could make me racist too, it could also mean that I noticed a growing commercial trend (biracial couples in commercial advertising) where there had been no such trend before, and wondered “why.” That “why” could be “why weren’t those biracial couple compositions in advertising before,” or “since they werent there before, what’s going on philosophically or attitudinally that’s driving the conspicuous presence in advertising now ...” 

So I like to think that an awareness of that trend evidences some intellectual curiosity or even a mild amount of perspicacity. 

I get that it’s tough to ask 3rd’s original question because by its very construction, and considering the subject matter, it *could* superficially appear loaded with racial undertones and baddies. The problem is that sometimes an analysis of the obvious can masquerade as something sinister - especially when that “obvious” characteristic is something as historically sensitive as “race.” But I believe that we have to be careful of conflating intellectual curiosity with some type of animus. 

I’ll give you a case in point, a buddy of mine and I were enjoying fish and chips and Yuengling lager at a spot downtown last weekend. We got into an interesting conversation about how back in the day, the best place to get fish and chips was Fin McCool’s in southeast. That took us to a conversation about the Nationals Park, gentrification, and higher taxes which ultimately drove a lot of the lower income folks into Pg County. 

My buddy (white) had to talk around the fact that the lower income element that was forced into suitland and seat pleasant and hyattsville and those lower income (read: ghetto) areas were primarily black. He didn’t want to associate “lower income” in that context with “black folks” even though that was contextually and factually accurate in the case we were discussing. So he kept pausing himself, and uncomfortably interrupting his own thought flow, and verbalizing weird rhetorical asides like: “how do I say this without putting my foot in my mouth ...” 

His comfortability had really eroded when we began discussing how the crime rates in those areas went up even more over the better part of the last decade or so because that forced him to consider a causal nexus between a lot more bruhs in one particular geographic area and increased crime. 

The issue with that conversation was that it started to suck once he couldn’t speak factually and sincerely and once he became hesistant to make observations that tied together certain types of bad **** with certain racial demography. It was almost as if he was worried that by his very analysis, in that specific context, he would making a general (read: macro) claim about the black community as a whole. So because of that hesitation, he stopped his train of thought multiple times, changed complete course, questioned himself, paused frequently, and was just generally uncomfortable. 

And I’ve know this mfer for fifteen years. 

I just wanted to talk in a way that discussed an event and a sociological circumstance and I wanted to discuss it candidly. I know that he doesn’t  have any animus towards me as a black man because I’m a black man, and I know there was no bigotry that colored what should have been an otherwise analytically sound and coherent discussion. But we couldn’t do that comfortably because society has put weird parameters and “gotchas” around discussions of racial moment. And people are made to feel bad for having opinions and for making observations that tangentially involve race. Even though the opinions aren’t derogatory or filled with hostility. 

You probably stopped reading long ago and that’s ok. I didn’t mean to lecture you. You seem like a good dude. And I tend to get long winded. What I want to say is that 3rd is not a racist. I disagree with a lot of what he says because we have political/philosophical disagreements about **** but I think he’s a stone cold good ass dude. Most importantly, in seven years of chatting with him about really sensitive political topics, he had a lot of opportunity to show some bigoted colors and he hasn’t because I don’t believe they exist. 

And Tasker is about as analytically sound, and objective and dispassionate of a conversant that you’ll find on this board. I think you’d be hard pressed to find anything that he’s posted that isn’t carefully thought out, well articulated, and from a place of sincere intellectual curiosity. Not sure that it’s fair to attribute to him any other motivations. 

I saw you call those two out specifically. I didn’t see you call anyone else out so my post shouldn’t be taken as tacit agreement with you if you similarly indicted others. 

Be well bro. Looking forward to some good convos in the future. 

Edited by Juror#8
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, #34fan said:

I guess you are not bright enough to recognize sarcasm. Keep up your asswipery, you race baiter.

8 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

Hey bro, we joined in the same year. 2011 up!! I trail you by a couple of months. But anyway, that was a good ass year. 

I appreciate your passion and what seems like a zest for egalitarianism. That’s always refreshing to see someone stand up for something. 

With that said, I think you may be barking up the wrong tree with 3rd and Tasker on this one. I think this primarily because I made the same observation as 3rd about the commercials. 

Now while that could make me racist too, it could also mean that I noticed a growing commercial trend (biracial couples in commercial advertising) where there had been no such trend before, and wondered “why.” That “why” could be “why weren’t those biracial couple compositions in advertising before,” or “since they werent there before, what’s going on philosophically or attitudinally that’s driving the conspicuous presence in advertising now ...” 

So I like to think that an awareness of that trend evidences some intellectual curiosity or even a mild amount of perspicacity. 

I get that it’s tough to ask 3rd’s original question because by its very construction, and considering the subject matter they *could* appear loaded with racial undertones and baddies. The problem is that sometimes an analysis of the obvious can masquerade as something sinister - especially when that “obvious” characteristic is something as historically sensitive as “race.” But I believe that we have to be careful of conflating intellectual curiosity with some type of animus. 

I’ll give you a case in point, a buddy of mine and I were enjoying fish and chips and Yuengling lager at a spot downtown last weekend. We got into an interesting conversation about how back in the day, the best place to get fish and chips was Fin McCool’s in southeast. That took us to a conversation about the Nationals Park, gentrification, and higher taxes which ultimately drove a lot of the lower income folks into Pg County. 

My buddy (white) had to talk around the fact that the lower income element that was forced into suitland and seat pleasant and hyattsville and those lower income (read: ghetto) areas were primarily black. He didn’t want to associate “lower income” in that context with “black folks” even though that was contextually and factually accurate in the case we were discussing. So he kept pausing himself, and uncomfortably interrupting his own thought flow, and verbalizing weird rhetorical asides like: “how do I say this without putting my foot in my mouth ...” 

His comfortability had really eroded when we began discussing how the crime rates in those areas went up even more over the better part of the last decade or so because that forced him to consider a causal nexus between a lot more bruhs in one particular geographic area and increased crime. 

The issue with that conversation was that it started to suck once he couldn’t speak factually and sincerely and once he became hesistant to make observations that tied together certain types of racial demography. He stopped his train of thought multiple times, changed complete course, questioned himself, paused frequently, and was just generally uncomfortable. 

I just wanted to talk in a way that discussed an event and a sociological circumstance and I wanted to discuss it candidly. I know that he doesn’t  have any animus towards me as a black man because I’m a black man, and I know there was no bigotry that colored what should have been an otherwise analytically sound and coherent discussion. But we couldn’t do that comfortably because society has put weird parameters and “gotchas” around discussions of racial moment. And people are made to feel bad for having opinions and for making observations that tangentially involve race. Even though the opinions aren’t derogatory or filled with hostility. 

You probably stopped reading long ago and that’s ok. I didn’t mean to lecture you. You seem like a good dude. And I tend to get long winded. What I want to say is that 3rd is not a racist. I disagree with a lot of what he says because we have political/philosophical disagreements about **** but I think he’s stone cold good ass dude. Most importantly, in seven years of chatting with him about really sensitive political topics, he had a lot of opportunity to show some bigoted colors and he hasn’t because I don’t believe they exist. 

And Tasker is about as analytically sound, and objective and dispassionate of a conversant that you’ll find on this board. I think you’d be hard pressed to find anything that he’s posted that isn’t carefully thought out, well articulated, and from a place of sincere intellectual curiosity. Not sure that it’s fair to attribute to him any other motivations. 

I saw you call those two out specifically. I didn’t see you call anyone else out so my post shouldn’t be taken as tacit agreement with you if you similarly indicted others. 

I had some trepidation regarding the OP and took some time with the exact wording so that none but the people looking to race bait would misconstrue it. I guess I nailed it. Anyway, good to see you post again. When did you get engaged?

i chuckle at the insurance commercial where the black girlfriend is throwing out the white boyfriend,

sceaming, yelling, throwing his stuff out on the street.

Almost could be a disney commercial for just about any product i guess

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I had some trepidation regarding the OP and took some time with the exact wording so that none but the people looking to race bait would misconstrue it. I guess I nailed it. Anyway, good to see you post again. When did you get engaged?

Just got engaged in September. It took her some

time to forgive around some indiscretions. But I’ve been a good dude. 

Wild oats sewn. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

Just got engaged in September. It took her some

time to forgive around some indiscretions. But I’ve been a good dude. 

Wild oats sewn. 

31 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

I get that it’s tough to ask 3rd’s original question because by its very construction, and considering the subject matter, it *could* superficially appear loaded with racial undertones and baddies. The problem is that sometimes an analysis of the obvious can masquerade as something sinister - especially when that “obvious” characteristic is something as historically sensitive as “race.” But I believe that we have to be careful of conflating intellectual curiosity with some type of animus. 

The issue with that conversation was that it started to suck once he couldn’t speak factually and sincerely and once he became hesistant to make observations that tied together certain types of bad **** with certain racial demography. It was almost as if he was worried that by his very analysis, in that specific context, he would making a general (read: macro) claim about the black community as a whole. So because of that hesitation, he stopped his train of thought multiple times, changed complete course, questioned himself, paused frequently, and was just generally uncomfortable. 

You probably stopped reading long ago and that’s ok. I didn’t mean to lecture you. You seem like a good dude. And I tend to get long winded. What I want to say is that 3rd is not a racist. I disagree with a lot of what he says because we have political/philosophical disagreements about **** but I think he’s a stone cold good ass dude. Most importantly, in seven years of chatting with him about really sensitive political topics, he had a lot of opportunity to show some bigoted colors and he hasn’t because I don’t believe they exist. 

You know, I want to apologize for jumping on one of your posts a while back. After reading this, you gained some major points in my book. Also, congratulations on the engagement!

44 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

Thanks for chiming in, but....

3 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

. Maybe that will take my mind off those darkeys.

Game over. 

:) There's a chance I might understand more about white-guy bigot-banter than you do.

Whether it comes from your dad, or your uncles over a few beers... It's NEVER as innocuous as you might think.

You've got a great attitude, though... Hope the honeymoon lasts forever...

In the meantime.... I think we need some MORE RACE MIXING!!!!!!!

th?id=OIP.h78ELPYaC_-4U-fLi7bGOAHaEc&pid

Legarette Blount!!!

th?id=OIP.hDv-uoZih9mGwoBVCzgUSQHaEQ&pid

Deshaun Watson.

th?id=OIP.YFJU7TJCDWWiLn8-M8FuYwHaE7&pid

Antonio Brown!

th?id=OIP.8gLwp9ZuCBvrxcl6FzcMDwHaIB&pid

Bobby Dinero!

Edited by #34fan

11 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Game over. 

:) There's a chance I might understand more about white-guy bigot-banter than you do.

Whether it comes from your dad, or your uncles over a few beers... It's NEVER as innocuous as you might think.

You've got a great attitude, though... Hope the honeymoon lasts forever...

Legarette Blount!!!

Deshaun Watson.

Antonio Brown!

Bobby Dinero!

You pay way, way too much attention to race. Some day you'll stop worrying about skin color and view people as the individuals that they truly are.

2 minutes ago, Azalin said:

You pay way, way too much attention to race. Some day you'll stop worrying about skin color and view people as the individuals that they truly are.

Well you can just !@#$ right off with this bigoted thinking...

3 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Game over. 

:) There's a chance I might understand more about white-guy bigot-banter more than you do.

Whether it comes from you dad, or your uncles over a few beers... It's NEVER as innocuous as you might think.

You've got a great attitude, though... Hope they honeymoon lasts forever...

Legarette Blount!!!

Deshaun Watson.

Antonio Brown!

Bobby Dinero!

At this rate it's going to take a long time posting all the pictures of mixed race couples. It's going to get tougher too. At some point you'll run out of well known athletes and celebrities to get to that 40 or 50 million mixed rate couples. Looks like you'll be pretty busy locating all the Joe and Nancy Shmoes that are mixed race couples. Nice to see you've picked out trying to frame me as a racist as your life's work. Looks like a conundrum though. To prove your point you must post a tremendous amount of pictures but if you do you'll get banned for crusading. I say, have at it.

Just now, Azalin said:

Seriously, this jackass is as bad as Meathead was.

His obsession with race is awfully unseemly.  But permitted, since he's angry.

Whereas my post will get deleted, and I'll get a warning point, for pointing out that black women are oppressed because they're black.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

At this rate it's going to take a long time posting all the pictures of mixed race couples. It's going to get tougher too. At some point you'll run out of well known athletes and celebrities to get to that 40 or 50 million mixed rate couples. Looks like you'll be pretty busy locating all the Joe and Nancy Shmoes that are mixed race couples. Nice to see you've picked out trying to frame me as a racist as your life's work. Looks like a conundrum though. To prove your point you must post a tremendous amount of pictures but if you do you'll get banned for crusading. I say, have at it.

:lol: Holy sh_t!  -You mean there 40 or 50 million mixed race commercials out there????

I need some more freakin' cable channels!

5 minutes ago, #34fan said:

:lol: Holy sh_t!  -You mean there 40 or 50 million mixed race commercials out there????

I need some more freakin' cable channels!

Or maybe just watch more than BET and Bounce.