Cohen Recieved Big Money From Russian Oligarch

On 5/9/2018 at 4:01 PM, Tiberius said:

Same thing with superwealthy people. Like  Trump sueing Stormy Daniels for $20 million in an attempt to silence her. 

--------

Investigators on special counsel Robert Mueller’s team questioned pharmaceutical company Novartis—which paid a shell company owned by Michael Cohen—in November 2017, according to a statement from the company obtained by Politico. “Novartis cooperated fully with the Special Counsel’s office and provided all the information requested,” a Novartis spokeswoman said in a statement. “Novartis considers this matter closed as to itself and is not aware of any outstanding questions regarding the agreement.” Cohen’s company, Essential Consultants, which was used to make a $130,000 payment to adult film star Stormy Daniels, was also hired by Novartis, AT&T, and Korea Aerospace, and Columbus Nova—a firm that is connected to a Russian oligarch. Novartis claims they entered an agreement with Cohen in February 2017, and that Cohen “reached out” to them “promising help gaining access to Trump and influential officials in the new administration[.]” Korea Aerospace Industries also stated that it hired Essential Consultants for “ consulting services on accounting matters,” according to Reuters.

So, basically pay to play through Trump's attorney.  If Democrats were smart they'd give up the Russia obsession and call out Trump's populist "drain the swamp" nonsense.  The only problem with that is it would be the pot calling the kettle black after lobbyists basically wrote the tax reform and omnibus bills Trump signed.

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Is kind of funny how this ambulance chaser is bringing down the Trump administration and exposing the worst system of organized corruption this country has seen in the Presidency since the 1920's. Go ambulance chasers! Cellino and Barnes must be so jealous! :lol:

The only thing stormy is bringing down is cnns already crappy ratings ....

I believe you mean since 2008. Ya know, the one who sent tax payer money to his boys in iran.

25 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

So, basically pay to play through Trump's attorney.  If Democrats were smart they'd give up the Russia obsession and call out Trump's populist "drain the swamp" nonsense.  The only problem with that is it would be the pot calling the kettle black after lobbyists basically wrote the tax reform and omnibus bills Trump signed.

Please provide proof of this. Thank you.

Who is paying Michael Avenatti?

http://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/387088-who-is-paying-michael-avenatti

So exactly who is paying Michael Avenatti? And is he a lawyer, an opposition researcher, a journalist, or a campaign operative?

He wants to make the discussion all about where Michael Cohen, President Trump’s personal attorney, got his money but, to have clean hands, Avenatti needs to come forward with exactly who is financing his operation, who his sources were for detailed banking information, and whether he really is an attorney solely representing Stormy Daniels or just using her as cover to wage a political operation.

From the beginning, this has been fishy. Daniels’s previous lawyer advised her to stick to her agreements. In contrast, Avenatti okayed her violating with impunity her non-disclosure agreement on “60 Minutes” despite a binding arbitration judgment against her. She acknowledged on Twitter that she is not paying for her lawyer. So who is? And did he indemnify her against all multimillion-dollar penalties?

It took a long time and even a court battle to find out that the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee paid for the Fusion GPS dossier, a fact that was disclosed only after the damage was done, as former British spy and the dossier’s compiler, Christopher Steele, had already created a vast echo chamber as though the material he was peddling had been verified in some way, which of course, it never was. Now Avenatti is being allowed to repeat this same process, mixing truths with half truths and evading accountability.

More at the Link:

On 5/8/2018 at 4:04 PM, Tiberius said:

Of course gatortard reads the Daily Beast!  :lol:   They were on the floor beneath mine in the IAC buillding.  It was quite a collection of 20-something idiots who had never stepped out of the bubble.

8 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Is kind of funny how this ambulance chaser is bringing down the Trump administration and exposing the worst system of organized corruption this country has seen in the Presidency since the 1920's. Go ambulance chasers! Cellino and Barnes must be so jealous! :lol:

Or the worst system of organized corruption not in the Presidency since the last time a Clinton ran for office, huh?

I guess we can expect Trump's resignation any day now.

Edited by KD in CA

AT&T now admits the pay to play with Cohen was a big mistake. Their chief lobbyist suddenly retired today also.

I like a lot of what Trump is getting done but I don’t want to see any more corruption from his administration. Drain the swamp don’t become the swamp. 

15 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

AT&T now admits the pay to play with Cohen was a big mistake.

Pretty sure they mean getting caught was a big mistake.  You won't convince me they don't do that **** on a regular basis.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

AT&T now admits the pay to play with Cohen was a big mistake. Their chief lobbyist suddenly retired today also.

I like a lot of what Trump is getting done but I don’t want to see any more corruption from his administration. Drain the swamp don’t become the swamp. 

Much of what President Trump has done has been to ferret out and expose the rampant corruption in the system by use of the tools that he has.

Look at Mike Flynn who threw himself on the sword in order to expose the coup attempt.

I have suspicions that Trump is using this as a lightening rod, which the media will strike, and in the aftermath, with the media and political class having excoriated Cohen alleging criminality and corruption, the other shoe will drop and their entire world of pay-for-play will be exposed.  IE.  if $500k for "access" is nefarious, then what is billions for uranium?

Trump is helping his enemies to craft the narrative, and then will use it to destroy those who created it.

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

Much of what President Trump has done has been to ferret out and expose the rampant corruption in the system by use of the tools that he has.

Look at Mike Flynn who threw himself on the sword in order to expose the coup attempt.

I have suspicions that Trump is using this as a lightening rod, which the media will strike, and in the aftermath, with the media and political class having excoriated Cohen alleging criminality and corruption, the other shoe will drop and their entire world of pay-for-play will be exposed.  IE.  if $500k for "access" is nefarious, then what is billions for uranium?

Trump is helping his enemies to craft the narrative, and then will use it to destroy those who created it.

That’s possible but I doubt it. You’re telling me Cohen took money from AT&T, Novartis, Russian billionaires and probably others as part of some grand scheme to root out corruption in politics? I think you’re giving Trump too much credit on this one. 

This is the type of stuff people called HRC corrupt for, and rightfully so. 

8 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

That’s possible but I doubt it. You’re telling me Cohen took money from AT&T, Novartis, Russian billionaires and probably others as part of some grand scheme to root out corruption in politics? I think you’re giving Trump too much credit on this one. 

This is the type of stuff people called HRC corrupt for, and rightfully so. 

I fully admit that I could be wrong about this, though it's consistent with much of what the sitting President has already done.  His entire purpose has been to ferret out corruption and criminality, and to return the government of the United States to the People.

40 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I fully admit that I could be wrong about this, though it's consistent with much of what the sitting President has already done.  His entire purpose has been to ferret out corruption and criminality, and to return the government of the United States to the People.

Amazing.

Remember everyone, Cohen is not part of this administration. It looks like he fooled some people with money to get either retainers or just plain payments because he knew the president, and they thought he could provide insight to him and/or access. Cohens actions are not on Trump.

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Remember everyone, Cohen is not part of this administration. It looks like he fooled some people with money to get either retainers or just plain payments because he knew the president, and they thought he could provide insight to him and/or access. Cohens actions are not on Trump.

Yeah, but what about the Michael Cohen from Canada? Are his actions tied to Trump?

11 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

If he’s using that money to silence people and help Trump’s campaign it is connected to Trump. We learned as kids sometimes you’re guilty by association

A lot of the money was after the inauguration so maybe it was just Cohen taking money for himself. We will see.

Edited by gatorbait

4 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

If he’s using that money to silence people and help Trump’s campaign it is connected to Trump. We learned as kids sometimes you’re guilty by association

A lot of the money was after the inauguration so maybe it was just Cohen taking money for himself. We will see.

As Greg points out, what about the fact that much of what was reported wasn't even the right Michael Cohen.

2 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

If he’s using that money to silence people and help Trump’s campaign it is connected to Trump. We learned as kids sometimes you’re guilty by association.

My understanding from Rudy Guliani is that Trump repaid Cohen. I'll grant you that maybe Trump in some way could be faulted for having an association with Cohen but this doesn't smell of some type of collusion.

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

As Greg points out, what about the fact that much of what was reported wasn't even the right Michael Cohen.

I think Avenatti is a joke and should stay out of the news. Pursue any legal action he wants the right way but now his credibility is gone. Leaking and naming the wrong person is ridiculous.