Roethlisberger publically questions Steelers using 3rd pick on QB

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

I said hello to both of them as they sat next to me at the bar watching the SB.

I told Hunt that as long as he was coached by  Andy Reid, he had zero chance of PLAYING in a SB.

zero point zero...

Kamara I consoled with the fact that his second contract will make him rich...he then bought me another draft.

A rather weak retort from you that doesn't refute the point of how big of an immediate contribution a 3rd round pick can make. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

A rather weak retort from you that doesn't refute the point of how big of an immediate contribution a 3rd round pick can make. 

Which pick was this year's  Hunt or Kamara for Pitts?

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Come on!  Who in the the 3rd is even close to those two RBs?  There wan't a RB taken.

I brought up those two as examples.  Often there are good players available in the 3rd round who can make an impact on a particular team. That was the point I was making in response to your comment that no player in the draft could help them to make a Super Bowl.  

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I brought up those two as examples.  Often there are good players available in the 3rd round who can make an impact on a particular team. That was the point I was making in response to your comment that no player in the draft could help them to make a Super Bowl.  

Exceptions do not make the rule.  Pittsburgh was a SB team last season, they just need a new coach.

The Steelers are palming for the  future without Big Ben.. Rudolph is a bargain in tha regard.  

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Exceptions do not make the rule.  Pittsburgh was a SB team last season, they just need a new coach.

The Steelers are palming for the  future without Big Ben.. Rudolph is a bargain in tha regard.  

They'll be face palming if they think Rudolph is the future. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

They'll be face palming if they think Rudolph is the future. 

In the 3rd round, it's a risk free pick.

Ben needs to look inward before he bitches about a 3rd round pick.  True for any one else who questions this pick.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Anyone who questions the pick of Rudolph should look inward?  What the heck does that even mean?

Not like Big Mouth Ben...that was for him.  The point is that the Steelers were stacked this year.  They weren't a 3d round, non-QB pick away form the SB.

Rudolph is a zero risk/positive reward proposition for that team.  And that;s exactly why they picked him.

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not like Big Mouth Ben...that was for him.  The point is that the Steelers were stacked this year.  They weren't a 3d round, non-QB pick away form the SB.

Rudolph is a zero risk/positive reward proposition for that team.  And that;s exactly why they picked him.

Stacked?  Not on defense after they lost Shazier.   In any event, Rudolph won't be helping their cause any time soon if ever. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Stacked?  Not on defense after they lost Shazier.   In any event, Rudolph won't be helping their cause any time soon if ever. 

Shakier isn't why they weren't in the SB.

Ben talks about retiring annually now.  Maybe Rudolph won't help, but the point of this discussions that here is/was no other 3rd round pick that would...

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Shakier isn't why they weren't in the SB.

Ben talks about retiring annually now.  Maybe Rudolph won't help, but the point of this discussions that here is/was no other 3rd round pick that would...

That you do not know because it happens on a regular basis with 3rd round picks making contributions to teams in rookie campaigns.  Which brings us right back where we started. 

20 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That you do not know because it happens on a regular basis with 3rd round picks making contributions to teams in rookie campaigns.  Which brings us right back where we started. 

We get it 26.  You don't like rudolph.  We got it predraft.  It is because you don't think Rudolph is any good that the pick wasn't worthwhile to you.  The Steelers had him as a first round pick and took him in the third.  Therefore in their mind they got great value and can possibly transition from big Ben to their next franchise qb.

It is simply because you refuse to accept that Rudolph COULD be good that you can't accept that the pick may have been wise on the Steelers part.  Kamara and Hunt are nice pieces and on their way to being superstars.  Are they more important to their teams than Russel Wilson? Obviously the answer is no.  If Rudolph hits the Steelers have the most difficult spot to fill done very cheap.  If he washes out then it was a missed pick which happens all the time in the NFL.   

Are we also going to pretend like the Steelers didn't have an extra 3rd from trading Bryant away? They got okorafor to help their o-line.  So they did add a 3rd round pick to help the team as well as grabbing their potential franchise qb.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Let me put it this way: Jim Kelly was effusive in his praise about Reich and AVP. If Kelly was really worried about either of them taking his job, he wouldn’t have been so effusive in his praise about Reich and AVP. He was never in danger of it despite some fan’s calls for Reich later in his career. Montana didn’t help Young at all. Farve, Marino, Elway... none of them were known for being teachers to guys that could take their jobs. 

1 hour ago, section122 said:

We get it 26.  You don't like rudolph.  We got it predraft.  It is because you don't think Rudolph is any good that the pick wasn't worthwhile to you.  The Steelers had him as a first round pick and took him in the third.  Therefore in their mind they got great value and can possibly transition from big Ben to their next franchise qb.

It is simply because you refuse to accept that Rudolph COULD be good that you can't accept that the pick may have been wise on the Steelers part.  Kamara and Hunt are nice pieces and on their way to being superstars.  Are they more important to their teams than Russel Wilson? Obviously the answer is no.  If Rudolph hits the Steelers have the most difficult spot to fill done very cheap.  If he washes out then it was a missed pick which happens all the time in the NFL.   

Are we also going to pretend like the Steelers didn't have an extra 3rd from trading Bryant away? They got okorafor to help their o-line.  So they did add a 3rd round pick to help the team as well as grabbing their potential franchise qb.

Not buying what you're selling. If the Steelers really thought that highly of Rudolph, they wouldn't have taken Edmunds and Washington in the 1st two rounds with so many teams having veretan QBs nearing the end of their careers.  I understand Big Ben's POV even if you don't.  

Edited by 26CornerBlitz