White House Correspondents Dinner

3 minutes ago, fridge said:

What’s your stance on political correctness?

That's a multi-tiered question.  I'll try to answer as fully as possible as the conversation flows:

On an individual level:

That it's destructive to individuals:  It's destructive to individuals because it stunts their intellectual growth, harms their ability to reason and contemplate difficult or uncomfortable ideas, and infantilizes their expectations of the world.

On a societal level:

That it's a detriment to society at large:  It's detrimental because the world is comprised of a never ending series difficult problems and situations steeped with competing and overlapping interests which require the ability to think in order to solve, and we are developing a generation of leaders ill equipped to deal with this.

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

That's a multi-tiered question.  I'll try to answer as fully as possible as the conversation flows:

On an individual level:

That it's destructive to individuals:  It's destructive to individuals because it stunts their intellectual growth, harms their ability to reason and contemplate difficult or uncomfortable ideas, and infantilizes their expectations of the world.

On a societal level:

That it's a detriment to society at large:  It's detrimental because the world is comprised of a never ending series difficult problems and situations steeped with competing and overlapping interests which require the ability to think in order to solve, and we are developing a generation of leaders ill equipped to deal with this.

Ok. How was I wrong earlier? Seems like it was a relatively safe assumption I made that you just completely justified...

Every one keeps saying Wolf made fun of her looks. The only thing I’ve read or seen is that she said “Sanders burns facts and then uses the ash to create a perfect smoky eye”

Seriously people sack up. It’s not like she said that retarded looking wonky eyed huckster can’t tell the truth if her life depended on it. 

Am am I missing one of her jokes about her appearance? 

41 minutes ago, fridge said:

Ok. How was I wrong earlier? Seems like it was a relatively safe assumption I made that you just completely justified...

You're wrong because hating people is nothing even the smallest bit similar to disagreeing with policy objectives or opinions.

You should stop and consider what conflating those two things says about the level of discourse.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

2 hours ago, fridge said:

There’s definitely something to what you’re saying. I do think that it is the number one story on Fox News is pathetic.

Why?  Fox's number one story is always about hypocrisy, their own if not someone else's.

58 minutes ago, fridge said:

I don't get it. How is this similar?

K. Griffin announced today that she was "taking back" her apology because of all the criticism she had gotten.

Both situations are very similar.....................comedians perform unfunny, shock material, designed to stir up trouble (that's fine, I have no problem with that, 1st Amendment)

But then..........when they get justified criticism, they cry victim.....................the left wants it both ways

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

K. Griffin announced today that she was "taking back" her apology because of all the criticism she had gotten.

Both situations are very similar.....................comedians perform unfunny, shock material, designed to stir up trouble (that's fine, I have no problem with that, 1st Amendment)

But then..........when they get justified criticism, they cry victim.....................the left wants it both ways

I'll reply as soon as I'm done reading your ellipses.

• Haha (+1) 1