Perspective from a new Bills fan

Well this whole process from the day AjMac was signed until now has been very entertaining and educational for a guy who doesn't normally pay much attention to the NFL, and I can say 100% that I will be pulling hard for the Bills this season. 

I was surprised at the qb pick last night, as there was a possible opportunity to make a big "splash" by moving way up and getting one of the can't miss prospects. Instead Allen was the pick,  and I can honestly say I am not sure if he would have started for any of the teams that finished in the top 25. BUT, if you could design an ideal  qb in a simulator,  he would probably look a lot like Allen. 

I personally think there is a 0% chance he can beat out AjMac in a straight up competition.  This guy has won championships at every level he has played,  Pop Warner through to the best competition in college...he has the "it" factor,  and I think the billsmafia will be pleasantly surprised. There was NEVER a legit qb competition in Cincy. 

Having said that,  if Josh Allen wins the job,  I will cheer for him just as hard.  I love the idea of a guy coming from relative obscurity to Perform at a high level...

So regardless of what happens,  I am now a fully converted Bills fan. Let's shock the world this year! 

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, RollBillsRoll said:

Well this whole process from the day AjMac was signed until now has been very entertaining and educational for a guy who doesn't normally pay much attention to the NFL, and I can say 100% that I will be pulling hard for the Bills this season. 

I was surprised at the qb pick last night, as there was a possible opportunity to make a big "splash" by moving way up and getting one of the can't miss prospects. Instead Allen was the pick,  and I can honestly say I am not sure if he would have started for any of the teams that finished in the top 25. BUT, if you could design an ideal  qb in a simulator,  he would probably look a lot like Allen. 

I personally think there is a 0% chance he can beat out AjMac in a straight up competition.  This guy has won championships at every level he has played,  Pop Warner through to the best competition in college...he has the "it" factor,  and I think the billsmafia will be pleasantly surprised. There was NEVER a legit qb competition in Cincy. 

Having said that,  if Josh Allen wins the job,  I will cheer for him just as hard.  I love the idea of a guy coming from relative obscurity to Perform at a high level...

So regardless of what happens,  I am now a fully converted Bills fan. Let's shock the world this year! 

Coming to a Bills game? 

I didn't think there were any new Bills fans, so you're a rare species indeed.

Agree that AJ didn't get much of a shot to start in Cincy, and honestly don't recall seeing him play.  I do expect him to beat out Allen to start this season since it would be good for Josh to learn for a season or two.

• Like (+1) 1

Wait a minute! How many Bills Equity Bucks do you have in your account? I have 1970’s insufferable losses, 1980’s close but no cigars 2.14 % interest CD’s, I have a money market account with 4 decent returns that **** the bed in the end, and 17 years of dismal returns. What gives you the right to have an opinion on a QB after my 40 year investment??

Welcome aboard. 

PS. Macaroons’s mom is hot. 

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Wait a minute! How many Bills Equity Bucks do you have in your account? I have 1970’s insufferable losses, 1980’s close but no cigars 2.14 % interest CD’s, I have a money market account with 4 decent returns that **** the bed in the end, and 17 years of dismal returns. What gives you the right to have an opinion on a QB after my 40 year investment??

Welcome aboard. 

PS. Macaroons’s mom is hot. 

Well the Bills and Frank Reich did win me a lot of CASH  (at the time), with a little comeback over the oilers...I got nothing else... but looking forward to many more memorable Bills wins!

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, RollBillsRoll said:

Well the Bills and Frank Reich did win me a lot of CASH  (at the time), with a little comeback over the oilers...I got nothing else... but looking forward to many more memorable Bills wins!

So you waited from 1993 to now to make a commitment to become a BILLS fan?  That's quite a "latency" period!

40 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

So you waited from 1993 to now to make a commitment to become a BILLS fan?  That's quite a "latency" period!

Ha. Grew up a 'fins fan, quit watching all together in mid nineties when bills were winning afc every year,  Moved to Tn, and tried to become a Titans fan, but couldn't make myself... 

14 hours ago, RollBillsRoll said:

Ha. Grew up a 'fins fan, quit watching all together in mid nineties when bills were winning afc every year,  Moved to Tn, and tried to become a Titans fan, but couldn't make myself... 

I understand that!  I've lived in; Houston, Chicago, DC and Seattle.  Being a fan of any of those teams was just not the same.  The fins fan part, must have been related to some childhood head trauma?

14 hours ago, RollBillsRoll said:

Phin flopper!

If you are going to be a Bills fan, that's it. No more switching.

Welcome aboard. :beer:

On 4/27/2018 at 8:12 PM, RollBillsRoll said:

Who was your can't miss prospect to move up for?