The Book is Closed on the Mahomes Trade

10 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Watkins is legit.  The only thing missing from his game has been a consistent supply of WR1 targets, and nobody can seem to put their finger on why that's true.

There has been one stretch of games where he got WR1 targets--the final 9 games of 2015; he was the 4th-most targeted WR in the NFL over that stretch. In those 9 games, he out-performed every WR in the league not named Antonio Brown.

He's going to be great with Mahomes, IMO.   Bills dealing him reminds me of Indy dealing Marshall Faulk.   Lot of the same false narrative surrounded Faulk at the time.   Hope I am wrong but likely going to cost the Bills prime assets to replace Sammy just like trading Faulk cost Polian Champ Bailey because they needed Edge James to fill the RB hole.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

There are things on tape that give you clues though. It is not just is this guy good in college or not. Some things on tape translate and some don't. 

I can respect a person who watches a lot of tape then offers thier opinion. The thing is two people can look at a piece of art and have two different interpretations of what that art means.

I've watched a few peoples analysis of some of Allen's game tape. Even some of Petermans 5 interception games. I appreciate the time and effort in the break down. At the end of the day I just see it as one guys interpretation of what that tape means. I take conclusions into consideration. I mean that's why I look at people doing analysis of tape. I crave thier opinions. 

Obviously it isn't exact science or people would have 100% track records when giving a prediction of a persons future. Then there always the human factor. Sometimes we are a product of our environment. Just my thoughts. 

College isn't the NFL and the Bills are not Wyoming. People shouldn't be so quick to disagree or agree. Just take what's presented then ponder over it then see the outcome and give credit to those who got it right. 

Edited by Lfod