Mcbean and company did their job. Will you as a Bills fan do yours

This is like saying, "America - love it or leave it." 

And my answer is, forget that. 

I'm a Bills fan and I criticize what they do because I'm a Bills fan. 

The fact that the Bills traded up for a mediocre QB with great arm talent is incredibly frustrating. It's been shown time and time again that accuracy and completion rate does not improve from college to the pros. It just doesn't happen. 

Maybe the Bills can create a successful scheme for him, I don't know.

But it was a bad, bad pick. 

I hope i'm wrong. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

This is like saying, "America - love it or leave it." 

And my answer is, forget that. 

I'm a Bills fan and I criticize what they do because I'm a Bills fan. 

The fact that the Bills traded up for a mediocre QB with great arm talent is incredibly frustrating. It's been shown time and time again that accuracy and completion rate does not improve from college to the pros. It just doesn't happen. 

Maybe the Bills can create a successful scheme for him, I don't know.

But it was a bad, bad pick. 

I hope i'm wrong. 

But are you willing to give he a chance and 24 starts ? 

Your not less of a fan for disagreeing with a QB that is universally riskier despite his upside than Rosen who was also on the board. A lot of very smart football minds are not bullish on his prospects and his accuracy is a real concern especially given the lack of talent he faced and how he flat lined against power 5 teams. I have seen the Bills acquire Rob Johnson JP Losman & EJ Manuel all QBs who had the bodies of gods and couldn't throw a medium accurate throw to save their life.

I hate the pick and think that it is an incredibly risky move compared to Rosen. That said he will have his chance, of course I hope he succeeds, but truthfully I will be waiting of him to fail at this point because the odds are not in his favor. Additionally the kid needs time to sit and learn so we basically surrendered this season before it began given we have no true starter until Allen takes his shot at the QB spot. As a fan its really really discouraging because if they wanted Allen I would've rather kept Tyrod who could've kept the team somewhat competitive until Allen was ready. Instead the season already smells of 5-11 where they waste Shady and a defense that actually looks decent because the QB position is a work in progress. Why exactly as a fan should I spend money when that the optics you gave me?

Sorry if you can't handle that a lot of people just don't like the pick and a team that for two decades has made god awful decisions left and right just made another questionable scary one. Doesn't make us less then fans just a very different real perspective.

8 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

I’ve said that Allen could bust or be great. But to not give him a chance because the Bills did not select the QB you wanted is not being a good fan. 

Thats my point many fans are not being fair or good fans that are posting. They don’t even want to give him a chance. So I say to you go follow Rosen in Arizona or Jackson in Baltimore. Your either a Bills fan or your not. It’s very simple. 

That is too simplistic of a view for any subject matter.  I don't treat anything in my life like that, you either "are or are not" isn't realistic in a complex society.

I think it was the wrong choice, but of course we have to give him a chance, what choice do we have, he's here for at least 4-5 years I'd assume.  As I said, I hope I'm wrong, but disagreement doesn't mean you're not a Bills fan.  They've made a ton of choices over the years I've disagreed with.

• Like (+1) 1

The most important job as a fan is to not blindly support your team regardless of what moves they make, it's to hold them accountable for their decisions.  Many of us here feel the wrong choice was made.  We all hope to be wrong in that assessment.  No one is going to boo the kid if he lives up to the selection.  But this notion you can't question your team and you need to blindly support them is utterly ridiculous.  It allows for the potential of apathetic ownership who keeps cashing checks regardless of the product on the field.

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The most important job as a fan is to not blindly support your team regardless of what moves they make, it's to hold them accountable for their decisions.  Many of us here feel the wrong choice was made.  We all hope to be wrong in that assessment.  No one is going to boo the kid if he lives up to the selection.  But this notion you can't question your team and you need to blindly support them is utterly ridiculous.  It allows for the potential of apathetic ownership who keeps cashing checks regardless of the product on the field.

I didn't read through the entire thread, but my perspective is that we're not blindly accepting it. Obviously, our full support is dependent on results. But to hate on Allen just seconds after he puts on a Bills hat is shortsighted, I think.

51 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Marv levi always said when you start listening to the fans you end up on the unemployment line or fired. This tells me Bean and company did their Job. Beane signaled the whole off season what he was looking for In a QB then he proceeded to take that exact QB he described. He also traded up for him and would have done so at 4 and 5. So there is no Mystery here what so ever. He called his shot & then he took his shot. Now your going to get mad at bean for doing it. Just because Beane did not take the QB you wanted does not mean he did not pick the right QB. Get over your selves and start getting behind our New franchise QB. Either your a Bills fan or your not. There is plenty of room here to root for Rosen

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/forums/arizona-cardinals.4/

You can turn In your Bills fan and mafia card at the door ?, will see you later. 

Who the hell is Marv Levi?

I do have a job.  I'm actually NOT doing my job right now in order to respond to this stupid thread.

• Haha (+1) 1

Yes, they did their job, now it’s time to evaluate if they did a GOOD job. 

That being said

I am strangely comfortable with the pick, and I don’t know why, maybe it’s the optimistism, anybody else have that gut feeling you can’t explain?