Day 2 Disappointment...

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

This isn’t a shocking development.  Most people wanted to part with all of it to trade to #2

And to do it to get a guy who last to #10 none the less.  LMAO. Maybe the arm chair GM's around here aren't as smart as they think ;)

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Bills could have stayed at 12 and still drafted him and would have had two second-round picks tonight. I still would have hated the choice but it would have been much less reckless.

Except for the fact that isn't true as its been reported (but continuously ignored) that Allen was still going to go before 12 as AZ had him over Rosen too.  

55 minutes ago, xsoldier54 said:

Trust me, if we hadn't traded up, both of those guys would have been gone.  After we took Allen, it changed the rest of the 1st round as far as QB's go.  Arizona traded up to get Rosen and I believe if Miami didn't take Allen, someone else would have traded up.  I don't believe either one of those guys would have been there at 12.  I could be wrong, but obviously the Bills thought the same thing.

What do you know about anything that I should "trust you" about anything?  The top six picks went pretty much as I had expected all along, so my thoughts have more merit than yours.  My thoughts are that if the Bills didn't panic, they miscalculated and paid more than they should have for Allen.  IMO, Allen would have been there at #12.  Even if Arizona had traded up, they would have taken Rosen anyways.

• The only 2 QBs went in the top 5, to Cleveland and Jests, making all the soothsayers claiming that 4 of the first 5 picks would be QBs look like fools.  Darnold wasn't the #1 choice. 
  • The Giants went for Barkley rather than a QB, as anybody with half a brain or wasn't hyping QBs figured they would. 
  • Cleveland wanted too much for their #4, and with no takers, they went defense.
  • Denver was never looking for another QB since they just signed Keenum and still have former first round pick Paxton Lynch on his rookie QB.  They had worked out the outlines of a trade with the Bills earlier, but when they had the chance to grab Chub, they grabbed him.
  • QB was about the ONLY position that Indy didn't need, and they grabbed blue chip guard Nelson.

Nobody knows how things would have turned out if the Bills hadn't traded up to #7, but it's very possible that if the Bills hadn't traded up, neither would Arizona.  Contrary to the hype, there apparently weren't many teams other than Buffalo and Arizona really interested in trading up to  take Allen or Rosen.  The idea that Miami was interested in taking a QB was the same kind of nonsense that was spouted by the fools claiming Denver would take a QB since they have Tannehill.  Contrary to the BS being spouted by the media mavens hyping QBs in the draft, his HC likes him a lot.  He doesn't have "durability issues", either.  He missed 3 games in 2016 and all of last season with a knee, but starting every one of Miami's games from 2012-2015.  More importantly, the Carp have so many holes that they simply don't have the luxury of drafting a QB in the first round as "heir apparent" to an decent starting QB who's only been in the league 6 years.

2 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Yeah Day 2 is always my favorite and I loved we had 4 picks. Now we have to wait till the end of the 3rd. Hopefully Fred Warner is still there.

Yeah.. QB frenzy and need hurt us and the opportunity we had to really get some needed additions. Im just not sure Allen is the guy we should have taken. Rosen seemed like the pick to me... time will tell. 

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

This has nothing to do with the players the Bills drafted yesterday...

As someone who loves to watch the draft, yesterday morning, I was excited about watching Day 2 of the draft, knowing the Bills had 4 selections(2 in the 2nd & 2 in the 3rd).  By the end of last night, those 4 selections became 1...at the end of the 3rd round.

Really takes all the excitement out of Day 2, and makes Day 3 more interesting, with 4 selections.

Feeling this too.  I only wish that we'd been able to make yesterday's selections while still keeping 2 or 3 chances to pick more starters today.

35 minutes ago, Spiderweb said:

Yeah.. QB frenzy and need hurt us and the opportunity we had to really get some needed additions. Im just not sure Allen is the guy we should have taken. Rosen seemed like the pick to me... time will tell. 

If it was for Rosen I would've been fine with it. Jury is out though.