Reggie Ragland "Can Be a Star?"

Big C

18 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Yeah I agree.  I just think they really hated the roster Whaley assembled both from a talent and contractual standpoint. 

Which is fine for some guys... but some truly seemed “we’re doing this 100% on our own”

ragland might’ve been a guy they were too eager to turnover from the old regime as his contract was peanuts and talent better than most similarly priced guys.

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Which is fine for some guys... but some truly seemed “we’re doing this 100% on our own”

ragland might’ve been a guy they were too eager to turnover from the old regime as his contract was peanuts and talent better than most similarly priced guys.

Well the Ragland trade in particular was a head scratcher.  When you consider that Ramon Humber started for most the season, I can’t see why they were so eager to unload him for such a cheap price.  You have to think he could have at worst, played just as well as Humber (who also was a liability in coverage/open space)

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

Isn't he an edge setting OLB???

No. He's like these new MLBs. He could play Weakside but he's more of an inside coverage guy. He's like a poormans Luke Kuechly. Think Ryan Shazier or Darron Lee. He is a projection in the middle because he's played all over the field in college. He could cover in the middle like this defense needs, you just have to keep him clean. You have to be heavy or disruptive in the front four and I think the Bills are both. They could use another DT, and probably a stud End but that might have to wait a year.

14 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

McDermott wants LBS that can run and cover. His first year solution was Preston Brown, Lorenzo Alexander and Ramon Humber. He stumbled in to Matt Milano.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

14 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

So maybe don’t tear down all the buildings the first morning if you can’t start rebuilding them by night? Or some other goofy cliche...

The only thing that's goofy is kvetching about trading a guy like Ragland, who is a 3-4 ILB (and yet another example of why hiring Rex was a mistake) and who obviously didn't fit the defense.  Not to mention they made the playoffs last year, meaning the buildings were well on their way to being rebuilt.

21 hours ago, K-9 said:

Decent player who wasn't yet back to 100% when McBeane parted ways with him. Just not a McD preference at the position. He wants guys that can move and cover. Never one of Ragland's strengths. He showed some glimpses last year and I wish the kid well. 

Ragland seemed a better fit for a 3-4.  Best wishes to him.Wished it would have worked out for him here.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Spiderweb said:

Ragland seemed a better fit for a 3-4.  Best wishes to him.Wished it would have worked out for him here.

He is.  Which is why Rex drafted him.  Then again, he drafted a 4-3 DE like Lawson hoping to turn him into a 3-4 OLB. :rolleyes: