Bills Go 7-9 this Season

On 4/19/2018 at 7:56 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

I hope some of you are sitting down because I am about to go against type...

I don't think they will be very good at all. These Bills are a total tear-down and I have no idea who will be good or how long it will take the rookies to contribute. Even if we get the franchise QB, there's too many questions at a lot of positions.

I love our secondary and McCoy. But honestly, that's about it. I could easily see us being bad as well. Certainly feel we are closer to a 4 win team next year then we are an 11 win team. 

3 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

And sometimes you win 10+ 2 years in a row and make the playoffs. Not good enough so you dump your QB and go on a 17 year drought.  

I hope it works this time (dumping your playoff QB  because he's not good enough) unlike the last time we did that.

And that previous QB at least got the benefit of playing with a really good defense. Something our most recent QB never came close to having his three seasons with us.

10 or more wins is a good possibility.  I expect the team to be better overall.  But, more importantly, whoever starts at quarterback will be better than the trash we had for the past two years! Therein lies the difference.

4 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

10 or more wins is a good possibility.  I expect the team to be better overall.  But, more importantly, whoever starts at quarterback will be better than the trash we had for the past two years! Therein lies the difference.

I thought the same thing when Losman was taking over for Bledsoe. How could any QB do any worst than Drew's last couple of seasons with us? Well we found out it was possible. Throw in the questions marks at linebacker and O-line and who knows how we'll do in 2018.

11 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Come on Steve. Certainly you can Billieve in better than that.

yeah I do.  i'm just saying I wouldn't view 7-9 as a step backwards, and I certainly wouldn't view our new regime any differently.

A lot depends on what they do between now and the start of the season.

It wouldn't shock me at all to see us not move up if we can't get a decent deal and roll over some of our draft capital into next year.