Buffalo should get WR Bryant, Martavis that is.

Back in February it was speculated that a 2nd or a early 3rd rd pick would get it done. Bryant is in his final year of his rookie contract and wants to be a #1 WR. This year he is a bargain at $705,000.00. What would be perfect is the cap charge for this year and if he has a good year and is a good fit the Bills could give him a big contract next year due to them having a lot of cap space. Offer the Steelers our 3rd rder (#65 overall pick) that we got from Cleveland for Bryant and possibly get them to throw in their 7th rder (#220th overall pick). Time to accelerate this roster and make some moves!

37 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Bryant is a risk for sure, but they expressed interest last season before the KB trade was done. At this point there may not be a surer way to improve at WR this year. Worth a shot imo. 

I'd offer pick 96 now and see if the Steelers bite, if not offer 65.  He represents  the outside speed receiver the Bills need.  Salary for 2018 is perfect and if things work out well the Bills have the cap space for new contracts for Benjamin and Bryant in 2019 and beyond.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

Bryant is a dangerous deep weapon, but I don't think he's a "buy-in", trust the process kind of guy.

McBeane have shown they value a particular kind of character.

McBeane has already has tried to trade for him last year. They want him but the Steelers weren’t ready to move or at least not for the compensation that they were being offered for him.

28 minutes ago, Derby Dan said:

We are no going to get him. Next subject please

If the Bills looked at getting him in 2017, why would they need pursue this now.

So, I thing I'll move the thread forward, hope you don't mind.  In fact I really don't care what you happen to think as most of your posts and takes are idiotic anyways.

2 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

If the Bills looked at getting him in 2017, why would they need pursue this now.

So, I thing I'll move the thread forward, hope you don't mind.  In fact I really don't care what you happen to think as most of your posts and takes are idiotic anyways.

This is one of the biggest false statements I see around here in my opinion. 

Yes, it was reported that the Bills called and inquired about what the Steelers were looking to get to move him. But it was never about him. I'm sure they called about other WRs on the trade block as well. It was about figuring out fair market value for the Benjamin trade. Beane has eluded to this a few times as well. 

I liken it to car shopping. Even if you know where you want to buy, you would be a fool not to browse other lots and make sure the place you're buying from is charging a fair price. 

I’d rather draft Anthony Miller with that pick.  We likely aren’t winning the SB this year.  If  Bryant plays well this year and looks like a possible number 1, then pay him next year.  The Steelers won’t be paying him big bucks.  Giving up a 3rd for a 1 year rental with suspensions in his past is a poor choice and terrible resource allocation imo.  We already gave away a 3rd for a busted up WR version of Charles Clay.  Let’s not do the same for this guy.  I’d much rather use the pick to trade up for a QB or draft a young player with zero strikes and a 4 year minimum contract.