Bills Draft Day QB Worst Case Scenario

3 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

I expect that Darnold, Mayfield,  Rosen  will go in the top 4 picks and that none of those teams are interested in trading down.   Allen is likely to be a bust- all arm and not much accuracy.   We get Rudolph with #12 and go about the rest of our draft. Rudolph is well balanced, smart and has a log of upside.

If all of them go in the top 4 picks and we couldn't get the Giants 2 or the Browns 4 then I would sit at 12 and take BPA.  Don't reach for lower talent at a position just because it is a position of need.  You miss out on a blue chip player elsewhere and then you've spent a 1st rd pick on someone who may never play.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Mcd is still here to and I’m sure is working with him. So what you’re saying is that essentially these guys can’t draft any other position outside of qb. And that the free agent signings won’t make a difference?   I’ve said I have confidence in them drafting great players of they can’t get a qb prospect. Is that so ridiculous? 

Mccown threw for for those types of yards with less talented receivers. 

Your interpretive skills are poor if you think I'm saying any of that. The team has quite a few holes and if you think all newly acquired draft picks will make an immediate impact you are being unrealistic.

McCown's WR corps was better than what the Bills currently have with Anderson and Kearse in addition to ASJ at TE. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Your interpretive skills are poor if you think I'm saying any of that. The team has quite a few holes and if you think all newly acquired draft picks will make an immediate impact you are being unrealistic.

McCown's WR corps was better than what the Bills currently have with Anderson and Kearse in addition to ASJ at TE. 

Well a year ago I would never have thought Hyde poyer and white would look so good. Same with Dawkins and others.  These guys very recently picked a lot of talent and got them to contribute in big ways. I’m confident that will happen again. It’s not that 

34 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's a lot of ifs regarding the defense, but the offense has major holes at QB, OL, and WR.  Confidence in the draft? This is Beane's 1st. Let's hope he gets it right starting with QB that he knows is the key to the future. 

:oShocking coming from the guy who thinks every Bills' player is a hall of famer. 

Fanbois will be fanbois.

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Well a year ago I would never have thought Hyde poyer and white would look so good. Same with Dawkins and others.  These guys very recently picked a lot of talent and got them to contribute in big ways. I’m confident that will happen again. It’s not that 

I noticed there was no mention of Zay Jones who is exhibit A of not every pick making an immediate impact. 

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So if we take two defensive players at 12 and 22 what impact do you think they have on defense? Say lb and dt. 

Just now, aristocrat said:

What others?

You basically named the lotto tickets 4 that they struck gold.

What about the one that sucked?

(Peterman, Tolbert, just to start there)

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

I noticed there was no mention of Zay Jones who is exhibit A of not every pick making an immediate impact. 

I added a couple others too, was saying the same thing

• Thank you (+1) 1

Gotcha. You’re right they may have missed on a pick. Forget the runner up droy and rookie left tackle and Milano and Gaines and Hyde and poyer. You got me 

Just now, aristocrat said:

Gotcha. You’re right they may have missed on a pick. Forget the runner up droy and rookie left tackle and Milano and Gaines and Hyde and poyer. You got me 

Gaines? The guy the chose not to re-sign.  Okay. 

What kind of question is that with no player attached to the picks?  :lol:

So do you have confidence in this front office based on what they brought in last year in trades, free agents and drafting to draft well again? Yes or no? Not just at qb 

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

So do you have confidence in this front office based on what they brought in last year in trades, free agents and drafting to draft well again? Yes or no? Not just at qb 

Again, It's a new front office conducting their 1st draft so we'll see. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

It seems like the Bills have a good chance at getting Mayfield. He has height and character concerns. That type of prospect falls every year.

Teams have concerns about Rosen's durability and attitude, too. 

I think we're generally freaking out a little too much about the QB.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Way to go out on a limb there.  I don’t really have an opinion either way. We’ll see. Lol

Why should I have an opinion on a front office with no track real track record? All we have thus far is talk.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, JohnnyK said:

I hope this is how the draft plays out and we get a stud LB at 12 and BPA at 22 (OL hopefully) and then a 2nd or 3rd round QB like White

That would fit McBean and I like it too.  They know they can win with a 2d rd QB.  They went to the playoffs with TT, no star receiver, and mostly a team of second- and third-tier players.  A 2d rd QB would be a step up and keeps us in the playoffs.  Could even be a franchise QB.  I f not McBean will patiently wait until one comes our way and in the meantime will win with BQB available.

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Why should I have an opinion on a front office with no track real track record? All we have thus far is talk.

There is a track record. And saying you have confidence in them improving the team isn’t that difficult.  Heck you went way out on a limb with jimmy g.