chad kelly

The broncos signed Keenum and are rumored to still covet a QB. kelly was a top QB prospect going into his senior year, but injuries and more off the field problems caused him to fall off. I think he is the QB in waiting there which leaves another spot for the Bills to trade up with. 

3 minutes ago, dbflaBill said:

The broncos signed Keenum and are rumored to still covet a QB. kelly was a top QB prospect going into his senior year, but injuries and more off the field problems caused him to fall off. I think he is the QB in waiting there which leaves another spot for the Bills to trade up with. 

Seriously?

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Hahahahahaha

But seriously, even though he is a total moron, I will root for any local guy.  He will get a shot to compete for a job but it’s a lot more likely he will cut during camp.  He just doesn’t have the brains to be a nfl qb.

He should try out for Big Brother.  He'd be awesome on that show!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Epstein's Mother said:

He should try out for Big Brother.  He'd be awesome on that show!

He seems like he’d want to be on Jersey Shore but didn’t make the cut.  

Honestly, I hope he has grown up but not many people from Buffalo have a lot of great things to say about him.  Of course, his uncle was the same way for a long time too so who knows. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He seems like he’d want to be on Jersey Shore but didn’t make the cut.  

Honestly, I hope he has grown up but not many people from Buffalo have a lot of great things to say about him.  Of course, his uncle was the same way for a long time too so who knows. 

i really wanted to see him in buffalo and given the opportunity, i think he could really turn into something.

so let's play what if.....

what if the top 3 are gone with the giants taking a qb. that means allen is sitting there at 5 as well as chubb with barkley going to the browns at 4.

what if..elway wants allen and feels he can get him at 12, so we trade 12/22 and a late rd. next year, for no. 5 and chad kelly then select chubb?

Edited by billsredneck1

Yes, Kelly was a Top QB prospect going into his senior. He has size, athletic, big arm. Injury and more off field issues ruined him. My point is I dont think at 5 the Broncos are taking a QB, and could be willing to trade down with the Bills.

1 minute ago, dbflaBill said:

Yes, Kelly was a Top QB prospect going into his senior. He has size, athletic, big arm. Injury and more off field issues ruined him. My point is I dont think at 5 the Broncos are taking a QB, and could be willing to trade down with the Bills.

if they don't go qb that probably means either barkley or chubb are there so i don't see them trading down.

4 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

if they don't go qb that probably means either barkley or chubb are there so i don't see them trading down.

True, but do the Bills add Hughs, or McCoy to compensate for them missing one or the other.  Just a thought, this team right now on paper isn't going anywhere so trading hughs or mccoy really doesnt hurt the Bills if they get their QB

37 minutes ago, dbflaBill said:

There is no way they could be thinking that as of now.  Knee and wrist injuries left Chad unable to show much in 2017.   They probably will get a QB there because they won't expect to be drafting there again soon.  Contrary to Promo's take, I think there is a very good chance that he shows well this spring and fall.  He is very athletic, has elite arm talent and makes surprisingly good decisions with the ball while playing his fear none style.  The Broncos may be in the mood for a QB like that.

Personality wise,  I do not think he is dumb so much as emotionally undeveloped.  Maybe permanently so.  Most ultracompetitive people are jerks compared to the rest of us.  They are fun to watch on the field but often come up short off of it.   

The good news is that this trait can work well for a QB in the NFL.   Do you want your leader to say "Nah, I won't go get my brother out from the bottom of that pile at the other team's bench because it's a bad career move."?  All reports are that he seemed well liked at Ol' Miss by fans and teammates and he did things there no other QB had.  They were sick of losing to 'Bama, LSU and Auburn every year.   I do not think Chad's personality flaws are much different than say his Uncle Jim or Brett Favre.  He is just more exposed in the age of social media.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

17 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i really wanted to see him in buffalo and given the opportunity, i think he could really turn into something.

what if the top 3 are gone with the giants taking a qb. that means allen is sitting there at 5 as well as chubb with barkley going to the browns at 4.

what if..elway wants allen and feels he can get him at 12, so we trade 12/22 and a late rd. next year, for no. 5 and chad kelly then select chubb?

NO!

2 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

There is no way they could be thinking that as of now.  Knee and wrist injuries left Chad unable to show much in 2017.   They probably will get a QB there because they won't expect to be drafting there again soon.  Contrary to Promo's take, I think there is a very good chance that he shows well this spring and fall.  He is very athletic, has elite arm talent and makes surprisingly good decisions with the ball while playing his fear none style.  The Broncos may be in the mood for a QB like that.

Personality wise,  I do not think he is dumb so much as emotionally undeveloped.  Maybe permanently so.  Most ultracompetitive people are jerks compared to the rest of us.  They are fun to watch on the field but often come up short off of it.   

The good news is that this trait can work well for a QB in the NFL.   Do you want your leader to say "Nah, I won't go get my brother out from the bottom of that pile at the other team's bench because it's a bad career move."?  All reports are that he seemed well liked at Ol' Miss by fans and teammates and he did things there no other QB had.  They were sick of losing to 'Bama, LSU and Auburn every year.   I do not think Chad's personality flaws are much different than say his Uncle Jim or Brett Favre.  He is just more exposed in the age of social media.

Don't disagree at all. In fact he's a lot like his Uncle. JK wasnt the greatest guy in the world in his early years.... I just a thought CK could be thought of as the guy. This all goes to Hell if the #1 or 2 rate qb falls to them. 

16 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

Yep...and the only reason you wanted him is because his last name is kelly.   If it wasnt you wouldnt even be thinking about the guy.

1 hour ago, dbflaBill said:

He's #3 on the Broncos depth chart.  How many #3's have we had that were the "QB in waiting?"

37 minutes ago, dbflaBill said:

True, but do the Bills add Hughs, or McCoy to compensate for them missing one or the other.  Just a thought, this team right now on paper isn't going anywhere so trading hughs or mccoy really doesnt hurt the Bills if they get their QB

nope...no and nope. i was thinking a combo of draft picks.

Chad "machine gun" Kelly. There sure are a lot of posts on him for someone who was Mr Irrelevant in the draft.  Have any of you considered that besides being borderline brain dead, a whack white rapper, and someone who smokes more blunts than Cheech and Chong, maybe he just isn't very good at football?

34 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

Yep...and the only reason you wanted him is because his last name is kelly.   If it wasnt you wouldnt even be thinking about the guy.

true, and most likely if his name wasn't kelly, he would have been drafted other than last because there wouldn't have been a media circus for some team to deal with.

Edited by billsredneck1