FA's still available

Virgil

I would think the Bills would be interested in getting bonus money back from Incognito for the contract he just signed.  That gets added on to their cap room, I believe.  What Incognito does after than doesn't really matter to me.  If he really has medical issues, I feel for him and hope he recovers,  If he's looking to go elsewhere and play, so be it.  He's not a difference maker any more.

I'm all for Brian Cushing. I know he has the PED stuff but he could plug in at MIKE, is still a good player, really hard worker who is a great teammate. Aside from the PEDs, has McDermott written all over him, and is a big wrestling guy as well. Brian Gaine just left, be he was on our staff and maybe has some inside info on the guy. I know Gaine cut him, but Cushing got cut because he made too much money. Gaine spoke very highly of Cushing. We also have John Butler on our defensive staff, who is coming from the Texans staff. To me, it's a no brainer. You could still draft a guy, but would certainly plug a hole and add veteran leadership. He could als help Matt Milano gain some weight ;)

Luke Joeckel is worth a shot. He was a bust as a left tackle, but he has been much better inside. He is athletic and has a ton of length. He played really well for Seattle last year before he got hurt. Injuries have mostly been his biggest issue in his career. I don't think he would be a minimum salary guy, but he should be trying to sign before the draft. 

Bashaud Breeland is definitely a good player and the fact that Carolina signed him originally makes me feel that he could be a good fit for the defense. I'm curious about how serious his injury situation is. Rodgers Cromartie works as depth too. He was acquired by the Eagles after McDermott was fired so he played for DC Juan Castillo. 

What about Alex Boone as suggested by Sal C. in his tweet last night? 

I like the Brian Cushing idea as well!

That's the thing, people are freaking out about the LG leaving. You can find guys to adequately replace these guys we've lost, and LG is one of the easier positions to replace .

You can't say any of that about a great QB.

Get the QB first, and THEN figure out the rest, there are answers out there.

Edited by horned dogs
  • Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Add Austin Howard to your list of OTs and Brian Schwenke to your list of OGs :thumbsup:

Added.  I thought Howard was signed.

21 minutes ago, Dalton said:

Are you sure that is how it works?

I believe Incognito has to file retirement paperwork and then the Bills can place him on the retirement list.  This should free the funds up.  He can not play else where unless he unretires and the Bills release his rights.

Very much like Boldin last year.  No incentive for Bills to release him.

Once we files retirement paperwork, I think we get 3.75 million back.  We can request his signing bonus back too, which would bring it to over 5 mil, but there's an appeals process for that.

Once he retires, we get the money.  If he comes out of retirement, then we still own his rights but his money gets added back onto our cap.  So the ball would be in our court then

4 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

That's the thing, people are freaking out about the LG leaving. You can find guys to adequately replace these guys we've lost, and LG is one of the easier positions to replace .

LG leaving is a big deal, thats why there is talk of the guard from Notre Dame being drafted so. Guards need to be athletic in a power run scheme and theyre not that easy to find. 

40 minutes ago, dbflaBill said:

Not sure why Breeland is still unsigned. may not be a great corner but could definitely help any team. Not to mention hes rather young. 

Not clear whether or when he will be ready to play in 2018. Bad foot injury requiring skin grafts. Altercation with a golf cart while on vacation.

4 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Not clear whether or when he will be ready to play in 2018. Bad foot injury requiring skin grafts. Altercation with a golf cart while on vacation.

That sucks, looked like he had a bright career

19 minutes ago, dbflaBill said:

LG leaving is a big deal, thats why there is talk of the guard from Notre Dame being drafted so. Guards need to be athletic in a power run scheme and theyre not that easy to find. 

It has been long said that a LG is one of the easier positions to replace that is not really disputable. You can scheme and work to fit the situation. Not generally true at other spots.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, horned dogs said:

Are we going to back to the man blocking scheme? Than am all for adding Boone if he's healthy. 

• Like (+1) 1