Given USC QB's & Bills/USC History @ QB ...

T master

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Is it ridiculous though? Time after time highly touted QBs from USC come out and people say the same thing you just did. And time after time USC QBs flop. Now I fully understand that Sam Darnold is a different player and person than the guys that came before him and I will concede that I think he could be an excellent player in the NFL. But it does at least warrent a "buyer beware" tag.

MOST guys fail in the NFL. Their school has nothing to do with it.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/10/2018 at 9:52 AM, Mark80 said:

Yeah, because if one thing history has shown us, it's that where a QB went to college matters.  I wonder, OP, without looking it up can you name single University with more than 1 hall of fame QB who went there or more than 1 considered a franchise QB currently?  Didn't think so. 

Alabama had Joe Namath and Ken Stabler

22 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

No I actually saw your post  15 minutes ago and knew instantly 

nice try ?

Well, great.  Good thing we have AJ McCarron now since Alabama seems to be churning out Hall of Fame QBs left and right, huh?  And future success of a QB is linked to past success of other QBs that have gone to that same school and all.

Edited by Mark80

Just now, Mark80 said:

Well, great.  Good thing we have AJ McCarron now since Alabama seems to be churning out Hall of Fame QBs left and right, huh?

Did I ever say that? I saw your question about which college produced 2 HoF QBs and answered it 

i dont believe for 1 second Mccarron is on Namaths level lol

[This is an automated response]As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.Thank you.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

MOST guys fail in the NFL. Their school has nothing to do with it.

And while I know thats correct I still can't help but be a tad leery about QBs that come from there. 

Its like if you buy a car. And it breaks. Then you buy another of the same manufacturer. And it breaks. You likely would think twice about purchasing a third from that company even though they were different makes and models.

Someday a QB from USC will shatter the myth. And if Darnold can correct the turnover issues he's had he may be the one. But same was said for Lienart, Barkely, etc etc.

On 4/10/2018 at 8:57 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Let's not evaluate individual prospects in a given draft year and instead rely on history to dictate future actions with regard to player acquisition.  This is simply ridiculous!

It's not unfair to question if a college system makes a QB light it up in the NCAA but won't translate into the NFL. Granted you have to take a look at this in a short span of time, who cares if a QB from X college was a bust in the 80's when the NFL and college games were rapidly different. 

What type of system the college runs and what type of talent the college puts around a QB are factors too consider. It is one of many factors that I think scouts and organizations should consider. There is a reason why certain colleges produce certain types of position players more so than other ones (Coaches, systems, competition levels, etc.)