Best bar in Buffalo to watch the draft

4 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Very few bars have recliners, so I'm thinking ix ne on the bar scene.

I just got a pretty good brain idea...you move back to So-Blow..buy a upper/lower..you live upstairs with your bride and have the lower level be a gin mill called Marv's Neighbor! Have a recliner room..hire a barber too...beers,old vintage bills games,cuts and shaves..wings.some beef on weck.oh man!!! 

28 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I just got a pretty good brain idea...you move back to So-Blow..buy a upper/lower..you live upstairs with your bride and have the lower level be a gin mill called Marv's Neighbor! Have a recliner room..hire a barber too...beers,old vintage bills games,cuts and shaves..wings.some beef on weck.oh man!!! 

Well you know, go big, or....Is the Seneca still vacant?  Oh, and I will need a large loan too!

22 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

For the sake of all things Holy, please don’t come to Buffalo and go to TGI Friday’s. 

Amherst Ale House is my pick. Not anywhere near DT but awesome environment and decently priced beers (pizza and wings ain’t bad, too) 

Their waitresses are usually pretty hot too.  A bit out of the way but definitely a solid option. 

14 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Update: I’m staying at Salvatore’s and I’ll probably watch the draft at Santoras. 

Excellent choice , the Santora's on Transit even more awesome

Such a critical draft will likely be very crowded like 716 , a plan B just in case for rd 1

Edited by ALF
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Update: I’m staying at Salvatore’s and I’ll probably watch the draft at Santoras. Thank you guys (except for the pig dic*ks) for all your help

Good choice!  As long as it's the one on Transit. 

On 4/8/2018 at 9:08 AM, EmotionallyUnstable said:

For the sake of all things Holy, please don’t come to Buffalo and go to TGI Friday’s. 

Amherst Ale House is my pick. Not anywhere near DT but awesome environment and decently priced beers (pizza and wings ain’t bad, too) 

Amherst Ale House pizza and wings "ain't bad"?   The Ale House pizza and wings are very good. Top 10 for wings in the Buffalo area, love the Crown Royal BBQ (Finished on the grill and coated again...)....

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Update: I’m staying at Salvatore’s and I’ll probably watch the draft at Santoras. Thank you guys (except for the pig dic*ks) for all your help

$$$...but very nice rooms.They have a very good free continental breakfast.I took my wife there a few years ago for our anniversary,had a great supper at Russell's .

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

$$$...but very nice rooms.They have a very good free continental breakfast.I took my wife there a few years ago for our anniversary,had a great supper at Russell's .

105 a night for the jacuzzi room. That’s a hell of a bargain. We stayed there for a couple nights last year and it definitely wasn’t that cheap. The food is phenomenal and the atmosphere is top notch. Well worth the money

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

105 a night for the jacuzzi room. That’s a hell of a bargain. We stayed there for a couple nights last year and it definitely wasn’t that cheap. The food is phenomenal and the atmosphere is top notch. Well worth the money

Wow..yes 105 is a sweet deal. We stayed on a Saturday night in June,if I recall,I paid 159 or 169. Enjoy yourselves.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm coming in from Olean too (born and raised in Buffalo though). The draft is something I come into town every year and get together with my closest friends for. We always joke about the draft being our Superbowl since it's typically (before breaking the streak,) the Bills highpoint for the year lol. 716 will be our spot this time

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Nikademus said:

I'm coming in from Olean too (born and raised in Buffalo though). The draft is something I come into town every year and get together with my closest friends for. We always joke about the draft being our Superbowl since it's typically (before breaking the streak,) the Bills highpoint for the year lol. 716 will be our spot this time

Went to 716 Sunday afternoon for lunch.  Place was empty.  It will be quite packed the first day of the draft.  Had my wife, my son, his friend & his parents there.  The dad & I had 2 beers, the wives had 1 Blue Moon each, & we got sandwiches.  The food was okay, I don't think it was anything special.  The Bill with tip cam to $155.00, which I picked up(I wanted to pay for it, the other dad does a ton of nice stuff for my son).  Pretty pricey, if you go bring your checkbook. My point is, there are better places to watch the draft.  I would go to Santorros or Amherst Ale house if I was you. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Went to 716 Sunday afternoon for lunch.  Place was empty.  It will be quite packed the first day of the draft.  Had my wife, my son, his friend & his parents there.  The dad & I had 2 beers, the wives had 1 Blue Moon each, & we got sandwiches.  The food was okay, I don't think it was anything special.  The Bill with tip cam to $155.00, which I picked up(I wanted to pay for it, the other dad does a ton of nice stuff for my son).  Pretty pricey, if you go bring your checkbook. My point is, there are better places to watch the draft.  I would go to Santorros or Amherst Ale house if I was you. 

You definitely pay for the atmosphere there. It’s by far the coolest sports bar I’ve ever been in. I usually go before and/or after Sabres games. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Agree on 716 in terms of food quality..think you were being nice by saying it "wasn't anything special".. I think it sucks. Beer is beer though, and can see it being a cool place on draft night. And I can't believe I actually typed that..i was always a "rather watch paint dry than the watch the draft" guy, but this one has me excited.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Appreciate the info, I've never been, so the novelty factor is there. Tossed it out (716) with a few other options and that was the consensus. Santorros will go on my list with the multiple recommendations in this thread

6 minutes ago, Nikademus said:

Appreciate the info, I've never been, so the novelty factor is there. Tossed it out (716) with a few other options and that was the consensus. Santorros will go on my list with the multiple recommendations in this thread

I would definitely check it out. It’s awesome. Very modern. Two floors with a bar on both. I’ve been there when it was mobbed and I had no problem getting a drink. It’s definitely a little pricey and the food isn’t that great but it’s more of a sports bar anyways.