My pick for the Buffalo Bills will be Baker Mayfield..

And I'm almost sure of it if nothing crazy happens lol

BTW I'm New To The Site. First Topic.

And would like to say hello to all my bills family N

Bills mafia.

OK this is why I am almost certain The bills are in rebuild mode and they need most picks as possible. Plus they need all the cap they can get. and they sure like Mayfield a lot I mean who doesn't. He's  a Leader and  a Accurate Passer

And  all around great guy with so munch up site to post we all know what Baker is capable of doing. I think this kid will be a great fit for the bills as well and we will save a ton of picks and cash and pick the right kid The bills been looking for for a while now. I been a bills fan for 15 plus years now in trust me 

It's hard being a bills fan but I got so much Passion for the bills all my life and I know them like my son.

I expect the bills trade for numbers 6 or 8 to make this move for Baker And we give our 1st number 12. N  2nd 

I think the bills will be a Playoff Team for the next 10 years. Because they're finally getting it all together now. And Baker will be the last piece of the puzzle. I also think for 22nd  And one of are 3rds picks will get Oline/guards 

I have never been more excited entering in a draft class like this one  In specially with the right coach and people behind us. 

And remember this post guys I have a gut feeling it will happen... Any thoughts

Edited by TucsonBillsFan

2 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

You can't have a trade up to one of the top 5 picks AND keep a lot of picks.  Maybe we will get lucky and somebody will slip to 6,7,8.

The OP specifies moving up in the 6 to 8 range for Mayfield, so there's that.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

You can't have a trade up to one of the top 5 picks AND keep a lot of picks.  Maybe we will get lucky and somebody will slip to 6,7,8.

You are accepting common beliefs. Don't limit yourself.

First, that you need a lot of picks to succeed.

In a great year, you have two impact players in a draft. The rest of the draft is, on a normal year, just players. We've come off a great draft and although there were some players (is Milano that good? Maybe, we'll see.) it's mostly great because you got a cover corner and a LT (who was, let's face it, supposed to be RG).

If you are really, really right at #2 or #3, you just need a stroke of luck for that other player.

Second, that you absolutely need to denude this year of draft picks.

Simply moving #12,  a position player (Shady? Lawson? Shady & Lawson??) plus maybe next year's 1st and possibly one of the seconds this year should get you awfully close to #2. I'm not a GM and I don't play one on TV. You work around the edges and make it happen. Fans can pull this idea apart but don't get stuck in the weeds.

If you have the second pick this year, at least three (four?) more picks in the top 100 you have more, MORE than enough shots to make it happen. The draft is deep enough for you to get a lineman, a running back and possibly, a linebacker/edge rusher inside the top 65. There are a great number of average-to-mediocre WRs in the draft to be taken after the 3rd round. A cornerback would be nice but you have 4 potentially outstanding players in your secondary today - no need to be greedy.

Finally, this is not nearly a playoff team no matter what the draft delivers.

Get the pieces you need, help the process along. 

I'm not saying you have to move up to #2 or #3. I'm' just saying concluding out of the box that you can't have enough draft choices remaining after you trade up to get help this roster is a non-starter for me. It would take some unique thinking and a reasonable idea of what is possible. If you retain all your picks it only increases the likelihood you'll be really successful - but at the end of the day, 2 superior players pretty much is the top of the mark. A great, franchise changing draft is 3.

Edit: And to Tuscon - welcome and as of this moment I am incredibly jealous. Tuscon in April is wonderful I hear. 

Edited by Tyrod's friend

25 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Welcome!

My guess is Colonel Mustard In The Library With The Wrench!

Wow! So close, but I’m pretty sure it’s the candle stick. I just have a gut feeling....

I love his accuracy and that he’s a guy who just seems to “overcome”. The arm is big enough, and the game is about hitting guys in stride so they can get the almighty YAC. Holding off and taking his a tad bit later would not break my heart. It’s a poker game, and I’m praying the cards fall our way. 

Size and character? That’s why they get the big bucks to make that call.