Vontae Davis: No limitations heading into OTAs

This is great news. A very under the radar pickup that could really be an impact player if he is anywhere near where he used to be.

I hope he can stay healthy and be our CB#2. We were significantly worse when Gaines was out last year, so hopefully Davis "fits the bill".

Davis was considered a shut down #1 CB before he got hurt. He is much more accomplished and talented than EJ Gaines, who played well in buffalo’s scheme. A healthy Vontae across from Tre will be very strong. Especially if the Bills can improve the pass rush.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Davis was considered a shut down #1 CB before he got hurt. He is much more accomplished and talented than EJ Gaines, who played well in buffalo’s scheme. A healthy Vontae across from Tre will be very strong. Especially if the Bills can improve the pass rush.

Agreed. The guy can play. He is definitely better than Gaines to this point. He also allows us to do some more things, maybe some more man and press and things of that nature.

I really like the look of our secondary on paper, but injuries be damned!

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

If healthy, I like the combo of White and Davis.  I also have a feeling they found a Poyer-like addition in Gaines in the slot.

That would be fantastic if Gaines the 2nd thrives in this scheme. He has the potential. 

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

If healthy, I like the combo of White and Davis.  I also have a feeling they found a Poyer-like addition in Gaines in the slot.

They will need to draft one relatively early. Shareece Wright would still win the backup role with the current group....

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

That would be fantastic if Gaines the 2nd thrives in this scheme. He has the potential. 

Yes.

1 minute ago, TPS said:

They will need to draft one relatively early. Shareece Wright would still win the backup role with the current group....

I doubt they draft one early.

2 minutes ago, TPS said:

I think they will draft one but I’m not sure where. I think it could be with one of their later picks, maybe a small school gem. 

7 minutes ago, TPS said:

It will probably depend on how many picks we have to give up. I agree we need to take one but LB, OT and WR have to be addressed first.

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wright is gone - signed somewhere can’t recall where. I think Leonard Johnson will be back too.

Nice... Vonte can ball. Probowl level secondary right now - once they firm up Nickel and get some LB speed this d ..... fun 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood