Tim Settle - DT Va Tech

#34fan

It ain't no secret that I think the Bills NEED Da'ron Payne in Rd 1... However, like Yoda said, "there is another"... Tim Settle 6'3" 335lbs of "no fun if you're the opposing QB".

Reminds me a little of Vince Wilfork...  Players like this are the reason trading both our 2nd picks bums me out... Can you Imagine a D-line featuring both Payne AND Settle? That'd be something no one would want to face... Like most D-Tackle prospects, He could use a little coaching as far as technique and hand placement... Perhaps a few months on the Atkins diet as well... Other than that, However, there's serious stud potential here... I think there's a chance he lasts 'til 56 (because of the weight issue.)

Tim Settle Highlights

Scouting breakdown

Edited by #34fan

Do you need to draft a QB in the early 1st round in order to have a franchise QB?

Jim Kelly: Pick #14-right in the middle of a then 28-team league

Dan Marino: Pick #27 of the same draft

Brett Favre, Drew Brees: 2nd round

Joe Montana:3rd round

Tom Brady: 6th round, pick #199

My point is that you can draft a QB outside of the first round, develop him, surround him with talent, and install the right system, and he can be a franchise QB.

On the other hand, how many 1st-round QBs have been draft busts?  JeMarcus Russell, Todd Marinovich, EJ Manuel, JP Losman, Ryan Leaf, just to name a few.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Which of these brings you closer to a championship: a franchise QB or a defensive tackle?

Holy **** man. How are you possibly turning that post into something about a QB?

Take the agenda somewhere else and let the man talk about his DT

6 minutes ago, jjmac said:

Do you need to draft a QB in the early 1st round in order to have a franchise QB?

My point is that you can draft a QB outside of the first round, develop him, surround him with talent, and install the right system, and he can be a franchise QB.

On the other hand, how many 1st-round QBs have been draft busts?  JeMarcus Russell, Todd Marinovich, EJ Manuel, JP Losman, Ryan Leaf, just to name a few.

Please don’t feed the trolls 

46 minutes ago, jjmac said:

No you definitely don't have to draft one early ion the first round but when you do you increase your chances of getting a franchise qb. Look at the numbers and percentage of success rate and high first round qbs are a lot better than a flier on a 3rd -6th rd qb

qbs bills drafted not in the top 10 since Kelley

Collins rd 2

Jp rd 1

Edwards rd 3

Levi Brown rd 7

ej rd 1

cardale rd 4

Peterman rd 5

We have picked all over the place except top 10 and haven't hit yet

2 hours ago, Wsam4031 said:

No you definitely don't have to draft one early ion the first round but when you do you increase your chances of getting a franchise qb. Look at the numbers and percentage of success rate and high first round qbs are a lot better than a flier on a 3rd -6th rd qb

qbs bills drafted not in the top 10 since Kelley

Collins rd 2

Jp rd 1

Edwards rd 3

Levi Brown rd 7

ej rd 1

cardale rd 4

Peterman rd 5

We have picked all over the place except top 10 and haven't hit yet

Is that a result of poor drafting, poor coaching, or both?

If they don't get a DT in the first round, he might be an interesting pick at 53 or 56.  I like his measurables and his size and I don't think that Kyle Williams plays beyond this year.  I'm also uncertain if Adolphus Washington is good enough to be anything more than a spell player.  Settle is huge physically; only a sophomore; and extremely explosive.  He might have as much upside as any of the DT's coming out this year.

54 minutes ago, jjmac said:

Is that a result of poor drafting, poor coaching, or both?

all of the above plus settling on guys. That's why im advocating moving up. Higher hit rate in the top 5 for qbs

Not sure why these threads always come back to QB...

I'll throw a vote in against taking Settle. His measurables are terrible and he's not exactly the prospect his highlights show. This is what Joe Ledyard from NDT has to say about him;

We were all lied to by multiple sources on Tim Settle, told that the 330-pounder would test like a crazy athlete for his size at the Combine when in reality he’s one of the worst athletes we’ve ever seen at the position, per mockdraftable.com.

Settle is constantly on the ground on tape, his block recognition and hand usage is poor, and even before his abysmal Combine performance, I had him slated as a mid day three talent. That’s back when he was getting first round hype from a number of outlets, when the reality is that Settle is a lot closer to being undraftable than he is to being a top 100 value.

Here's the mockdraftable breakdown that he mentions. 

9 minutes ago, seven&nine said:

I'll throw a vote in against taking Settle. His measurables are terrible and he's not exactly the prospect his highlights show. This is what Joe Ledyard from NDT has to say about him;

Because, it's the most important position in football, and the Bills don't have one.  That's why.

Just now, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Because, it's the most important position in football, and the Bills don't have one.  That's why.

I get it. I really do. But this is a thread about a DT prospect and the OP never mentioned anything about QBs. Plenty of threads already have pretty much every opinion covered.

16 minutes ago, seven&nine said:

Big deal... -He didn't blow anyone away at the combine... Here's what Scott Bischoff at NDT had to say, with film to back it up.

Tim Settle, NDT scouting

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Imagine Hercules having dinner every night with Kyle and LAMAR JACKSON!!!!!

I love it.  I imagine that Vander Esch and/or Dante Pettis and/or Will Hernandez might be accompany them