Polian's Jackson Comments Revisited

20 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Looking back on this it seems almost too dumb to say Lamar Jackson does not deserve a choice at quarterback first did Polian do this as a smokescreen to try and drop the players draft value for a certain team? 

He said it because he is senile. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

I think he should be taken in the 2nd round. I don't think he is a top QB.

But I think the same thing about Allen.

He and Allen are Projects. 

Jackson should have stayed in school 

28 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Looking back on this it seems almost too dumb to say Lamar Jackson does not deserve a choice at quarterback first did Polian do this as a smokescreen to try and drop the players draft value for a certain team? 

This is a wild take and I don’t buy this at all.  First off, who is Polian to think that his word carries so much weight that it would negatively affect a player’s draft status?  Yes he’s in the HOF but in 2018, but any GM that would be persuaded by a near 80 year old analyst doesn’t deserve their job.  If that was th case, people would listen to Gil Brandt

Second let’s say Polian was secretly trying to help the Bills through a smokescreen.  I think he’d try to focus on a QB the Bills were really high on.  Like saying Allen or Rosen will be busts in the NFL.

I heard Polian on John Murphy.  He clearly was taken back by the negative reaction which included him getting called racist by some fans.  I think his words were authentic and if he could do it over again, he did probably be a bit more careful in his critique   

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

There is NOTHING Bill Polian is going to say that will cause ANY player to rise or fall on ANY team's draft board. Nothing. At. All.