Which 2018 QB wins a playoff game first?

#34fan

Which '18 QB wins a playoff game first????  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your first post-season winner!

• Sam Darnold
    • Josh Rosen
    • Josh Allen
    • Mason Rudolph
    • Lamar Jackson
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Luke Falk
    • Other (Lauletas, Fergusons, etc.)

53 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

You mean, he did all that against powerhouse teams like Middle Tennessee, Florida Atlantic, Georgia State and Old Dominion?  SIGN ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He wasn't playing against players from those schools in the Senior Bowl and looked absolutely fine.

7 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

He wasn't playing against players from those schools in the Senior Bowl and looked absolutely fine.

EJ Manuel looked "absolutely fine" in the Senior Bowl.  So did Tebow.  So did Zac Robinson.  So did Christian Ponder.  How did their NFL careers turn out?

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

He doesn't seem to be the solution either... Matt is 60-65 as a starter... He's a prime target to get shown up by a rookie.

You're clueless if you think Detroit is drafting a QB to "compete" with him, or if you think that any rookie this year is on his level.

14 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

You're clueless if you think Detroit is drafting a QB to "compete" with him, or if you think that any rookie this year is on his level.

:lol: Never said any of that, but I guess we'll see...

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

Not too often... But they do come around... Sometimes it isn't that obvious.... Wilson didn't get any love until the 3rd

IMO, that's one of the reasons you use high picks to build a strong talent base.. When that generational QB does appear, you jump all over it.

How do you jump on that one guy unless you know something no one else does? 

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

How do you jump on that one guy unless you know something no one else does? 

Exactly...

IMO, knowing what no one else does should be part of what a scouting department does. 

1 minute ago, #34fan said:

Exactly...

IMO, knowing what no one else does should be part of what a scouting department does. 

So not only do you expect our scouts to find the once every 5-10 year prospect at qb but particularly the one that hundreds of professionals missed so we can get him outside the top pick — instead of taking a shot at a guy high this year because those aren’t slam dunks (even though our scouts might see something you don’t)

14 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

So not only do you expect our scouts to find the once every 5-10 year prospect at qb but particularly the one that hundreds of professionals missed so we can get him outside the top pick — instead of taking a shot at a guy high this year because those aren’t slam dunks (even though our scouts might see something you don’t)

It's not always the kid the other FO's miss... And it doesn't have to be outside the top 10 picks... Sometimes it is, though... And when it is, your scouting staff should still be able to say " He's under the radar, but this is our guy"...  

FTR, I am ALL FOR taking shots. -I'm just not for trading an entire first round of talent to do so.

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

:lol: Never said any of that, but I guess we'll see...

Except your other posts imply otherwise.

3 hours ago, #34fan said:

I voted "other" because I expect a middling team like Detroit to get sick of Staffford at some point and have a kid like White on the sideline waiting... That team doesn't need a whole lot.. If for some reason Stafford goes down, he may never win the start back.

3 hours ago, #34fan said:

He doesn't seem to be the solution either... Matt is 60-65 as a starter... He's a prime target to get shown up by a rookie.

To get "shown up be a rookie" Detroit would have to

A) draft a QB

B) have that QB outperform Stafford, which isn't that easy to do

Before you bring up Dallas and Romo/Dak, that situation was different.

Stafford is 30 and just signed a massive extension.

Romo was 35, had only played 4 games the previous season due to a shoulder injury, and then fractured his back.

Stafford is in his prime.

No rookie is going to outplay him or supplant him.