Which 2018 QB wins a playoff game first?

#34fan

Which '18 QB wins a playoff game first????  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your first post-season winner!

• Sam Darnold
    • Josh Rosen
    • Josh Allen
    • Mason Rudolph
    • Lamar Jackson
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Luke Falk
    • Other (Lauletas, Fergusons, etc.)

I voted "other" because I expect a middling team like Detroit to get sick of Staffford at some point and have a kid like White on the sideline waiting... That team doesn't need a whole lot.. If for some reason Stafford goes down, he may never win the start back.

Again, as in the Time capsule thread we need to know who ends up where in order to make a prediction.

Whoever goes to the Browns or Jets won't win a playoff game anytime soon.  Or ever

If anyone gets drafted as heir in Pittsburgh, San Diego, or New Orleans, they stand a better shot of going to or making the playoffs

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, #34fan said:

I voted "other" because I expect a middling team like Detroit to get sick of Staffford at some point and have a kid like White on the sideline waiting... That team doesn't need a whole lot.. If for some reason Stafford goes down, he may never win the start back.

I'm not sure why they would get sick of Stafford.

They just signed him to a huge extension last year, and he's been very good his whole career.

He's not the problem in Detroit.

4 minutes ago, slaphappy said:

White threw 100 more passes than Darnold and Rosen and still had a better completion percentage. I'm on board.

You mean, he did all that against powerhouse teams like Middle Tennessee, Florida Atlantic, Georgia State and Old Dominion?  SIGN ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Again, as in the Time capsule thread we need to know who ends up where in order to make a prediction.

Whoever goes to the Browns or Jets won't win a playoff game anytime soon.  Or ever

If anyone gets drafted as heir in Pittsburgh, San Diego, or New Orleans, they stand a better shot of going to or making the playoffs

The Jets are awful, don't get me wrong. However, the Browns have a considerable amount of talent on that team... They just need that spark.. I knew Russell Wilson was going to the playoffs before anyone in that class because of where his game was at... I was confident he'd threaten for the start ANYWHERE he landed.... IMWO, you have to believe a QB is that good in order to take him first overall.

11 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Everyone loving Mayfield.... Unless I miss my guess, he'll be a Jet, and as such, NOT headed to the playoffs anytime soon. :lol:

But that’s why this is a tough poll- where they land is huge. If the reports are true that the saints like mayfield I’d be a lot quicker to vote him than if the jets do. I don’t think any of these guys are the once in a generation talent that is a slam dunk to be good anywhere they go.

6 minutes ago, #34fan said:

The Jets are awful, don't get me wrong. However, the Browns have a considerable amount of talent on that team... They just need that spark.. I knew Russell Wilson was going to the playoffs before anyone in that class because of where his game was at... I was confident he'd threaten for the start ANYWHERE he landed.... IMWO, you have to believe a QB is that good in order to take him first overall.

How often do you see those guys though?

26 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

You mean, he did all that against powerhouse teams like Middle Tennessee, Florida Atlantic, Georgia State and Old Dominion?  SIGN ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We writing this down with pen or pencil?

37 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

But that’s why this is a tough poll- where they land is huge. If the reports are true that the saints like mayfield I’d be a lot quicker to vote him than if the jets do. I don’t think any of these guys are the once in a generation talent that is a slam dunk to be good anywhere they go.

How often do you see those guys though?

Not too often... But they do come around... Sometimes it isn't that obvious.... Wilson didn't get any love until the 3rd

IMO, that's one of the reasons you use high picks to build a strong talent base.. When that generational QB does appear, you jump all over it.

Edited by #34fan