THE GREAT DEBATE: Was Mario Williams A Good Signing?

Was Mario Williams A Good Signing?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Was Mario Williams A Good Signing?

• YES! he was a good FA signing
    • NO! he was not a good FA signing

Just now, Bobby Hooks said:

We’re neck deep in the wildest free agency that’s ever been. We have two picks in the top three rounds of the draft with three viable qb options. Mario Williams? 

There's enough fake news and draft speculation and predictions which will never happen.  It's fun to look back and discuss topics that Bills fans feel passionate about

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Well you said yourself the guaranteed money was 49.5 million, he had 43 sacks while he was here.   Is a sack worth a million dollars?

Personally I wouldnt pay any player other than a quarterback 100 million dollars, so yeah I'd say it was both bad and pointless.

Yeah I think more along the same lines.  I think he was an ok signing, but I don't think he even lived up to the giant contract he was signed to.  The fact that we cut him loose two years before the end, speaks volumes too. 

3 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Rex destroyed our defense. They were killing it with Schwartz. Hiring him was the mistake

Rex's defense wasn't as good as Schwartz's, not debatable.  The end result for each of them was 15-17, so I wouldn't say either of them was necessarily killing it.  The mistake was not finding a quarterback. 

Just now, BuffaloRush said:

There's enough fake news and draft speculation and predictions which will never happen.  It's fun to look back and discuss topics that Bills fans feel passionate about

Nah... the money is gone and spent. Was it a good signing. Yeah, football is entertainment. We weren’t going to see playoff football so at least we got to see an awesome d-line crush it for a few years. 

Otherwise, there wouldn’t have been a point to watch at all. 

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

oops I meant to respond to the other guy criticizing you over talking about Bills history. Same page.

All good man.... I like talking Bills with my friends in real life.  It seems like there are hot-button topics that we feel strongly about (sometimes end up in debates) but it's always a lively situation.  I think it's fun to bring those topics to this board

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

What was not to like...he dominated until Ryan put him into pass coverages.

But was he worth the contract they paid him.  He was paid as the top defensive plater in the NFL at the time.  Did anyone ever consider Mario as the best defensive player in the NFL?  I don't think so