Which Narratives From The Bills Fanbase Do You NOT Subscribe To?

12 hours ago, JM57 said:

Polian was absolutely overrated. Maybe not in the Buffalo days, but  definitely  in the Indianapolis days. The teams he put around Manning were laughably bad outside of the offensive skill positions.

Yet he won 2 AFC Championships and 1 Super Bowl.  I'm hoping Beane can build just as bad teams like that for us.

49 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Yet he won 2 AFC Championships and 1 Super Bowl.  I'm hoping Beane can build just as bad teams like that for us.

I would argue that teams featuring Manning, Edgerrin James, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne should have won much more than they did.

1 hour ago, JM57 said:

I would argue that teams featuring Manning, Edgerrin James, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne should have won much more than they did.

I would argue that some people just can't be happy.   Last I checked, our Lombardi pantry is bare. I wish Bill could have got only  one for us like he did for Indy.

7 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I would argue that some people just can't be happy.   Last I checked, our Lombardi pantry is bare. I wish Bill could have got only  one for us like he did for Indy.

3 all time great offensive players and one Lombardi trophy. It's not that I'm never happy but sorry I offended you, whichever Polian you are.

23 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Except the fact that he was cheap.  Look at all of head coaching hires.  He was a cheap skate

I disagree... Doug Whaley could identify talent but he had no clue how to build a team.  He severely overpaid for certain talent and left the team in salary cap hell.  

He was a good scout but a terrible GM.

I don't disagree with much of that.... thought I wouldn't say terrible I'd say below average. My point is purely that the 2015 roster was stacked.... that should have won 10 or 11 games it was loaded. Sadly we gave it to the worst coach we have had in my time as a fan to waste it. 

The Bills are guaranteed Brady, Rodgers,Brees if only they give up all of their picks to trade up for Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield or Allen.

These guys are mostly a crap shoot and there is not one QB that is on the same level as Andrew Luck (who has not led the Colts to much of anything in spite of his obvious talent.

Supporting casts matter.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/24/2018 at 6:36 AM, BuffaloRush said:

The Bills put themselves in a position to capitialize of the “miracle” play.  If they lose to Miami or Kansas City, they don’t even have a chance.  My point is, if everyone used an asterisk next to teams like that, we wouldn’t get very far.  Give the Bills credit

I don't by the "backed in" narrative either.  Let's say the Bengals/Ravens game went exactly as it did, but was played in week five.  It would have had precisely the same effect on our getting into the playoffs, but many people would have believed our path to the playoffs was somehow more legitimate.  When it comes down to the last teams vying for the final wildcard spot, the ultimate winner is always decided by numerous plays in numerous games throughout the year that they had no control over.  The fact that one of those crucial plays takes place near the end of the last game of the season for one of the teams, certainly adds drama.  But it doesn't make the team that gets in any more or less deserving, IMO. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1