McCarron's Scar

Was listening to the J Murphy show yesterday & D Jones brought up a point that needs to be thought about when getting a QB which i believe should be used in evaluating either a rookie or veteran QB & that is their past history of winning .

Also Daniel Jeremia said that comp % of a college QB doesn't compute to being a great NFL QB because of the system they were in in college & the better players & defensive schemes in the NFL .

With all of that if the comp % is higher in the NFL (AJ's is in the 64% range) the thoughts on the QB are higher because it did translate to the NFL, given all of that thought that is why i think McCaron will be a great QB for the Bills !

He has won at every level & one of the things is maybe that scar as a kid (along with his very modest upbringing) made him more mentally tough !

In the game against the Steelers that he played in the Bengals were down & it looked like all was lost but he battled against the odds & if not for the fumble & penalties incurred  by others on the team they would have won because of his mental toughness when all seemed lost so it was no fault of his .

Plus i seem to remember some games in his college career which he did the same thing that's the guy i want leading the team when they are down late in the game , just as we all know when Brady is in the game it ain't over till it's over .

i think AJ is that guy for us maybe his past which he said he came from nothing & has had to fight for all he has gotten with a good bit of success is the best attribute he has of his intangibles !

If that isn't the perfect blue collar fit for the Bills i don't know what is !!

And yes i do have a man crush & will go on record to say he will become the Bills franchise guy !! Call me crazy but that's what i think !!

Go Bills !! 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, T master said:

Was listening to the J Murphy show yesterday & D Jones brought up a point that needs to be thought about when getting a QB which i believe should be used in evaluating either a rookie or veteran QB & that is their past history of winning .

Also Daniel Jeremia said that comp % of a college QB doesn't compute to being a great NFL QB because of the system they were in in college & the better players & defensive schemes in the NFL .

With all of that if the comp % is higher in the NFL (AJ's is in the 64% range) the thoughts on the QB are higher because it did translate to the NFL, given all of that thought that is why i think McCaron will be a great QB for the Bills !

He has won at every level & one of the things is maybe that scar as a kid (along with his very modest upbringing) made him more mentally tough !

In the game against the Steelers that he played in the Bengals were down & it looked like all was lost but he battled against the odds & if not for the fumble & penalties incurred  by others on the team they would have won because of his mental toughness when all seemed lost so it was no fault of his .

Plus i seem to remember some games in his college career which he did the same thing that's the guy i want leading the team when they are down late in the game , just as we all know when Brady is in the game it ain't over till it's over .

i think AJ is that guy for us maybe his past which he said he came from nothing & has had to fight for all he has gotten with a good bit of success is the best attribute he has of his intangibles !

And yes i do have a man crush & will go on record to say he will become the Bills franchise guy !! Call me crazy but that's what i think !!

Go Bills !! 

I’m glad he has an opportunity to compete for the starting job. Let’s see what he can do with it. 

17 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Well I guess now that Tyrods gone you have a new Bills QB to begin a new crusade against. 

Ahhhhh but hurt much. 

Play good you get praise play bad and you get called out 

17 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

And Brady had to wait until the sixth round.  The odds say that you are right.  But you never know.  It would be great if he turned out to be the best free agent signing of 2018 wouldn't it.

I tried that once they asked me not to come back.

He is Tyrod's friend.

So Rivers is better than Brees and Kap was better than Alex Smith.

Even better Flutie was better than Brees

Yeah it would be good if he turned out to be great. But dont see it is all

8 hours ago, T master said:

Go Bills !! 

I agree with everything you said, I have always been a fan of AJ McCarron.