Take Lamar Jackson at 12

His highlight video screams Mike Vick. He has every tool in the toolbox. His accuracy is vastly underrated. He also has great pocket presence. He could definitely work on his footwork. I think he has a higher potential than Watson. Keep the rest of our picks to fill our holes. I wouldn't mind having Lamar and AJ going into next season. What do you guys think?

• Like (+1) 1

I like Jackson and would be fine taking him at 12. The inevitable comparison to Taylor is a bad one, one of Jackson’s strengths is throwing over the middle, Taylor would not. He is more of a larger version of Michael Vick, without the character issue. People say he’s too skinny or has spindly legs, but he is 21and could easily put on twenty pounds of muscle. His upside is higher than any other QB in this draft. He could be a nightmare to game plan against and they would have to put a spy on him every play, meaning one less defender in the secondary.

1 hour ago, Watkins101 said:

I would be fine with him at 22, but not 12. Give me roquan smith at 12

What if we trade up for both? We give San Fran #96 and #121 to move up to #9 for Smith (jumping Oakland). Then we give Green Bay #56 to move up to #14 for Jackson (jumping Arizona). We'd still have one pick left in the 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 6th. Smith plus Jackson plus 4 prospects is a really good haul IMO.

I used the draft value chart to figure out what we'd need to give up. We know this regime is comfortable moving up if they really like someone (Zay Jones, Dion Dawkins).

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

What if we trade up for both? We give San Fran #96 and #121 to move up to #9 for Smith (jumping Oakland). Then we give Green Bay #56 to move up to #14 for Jackson (jumping Arizona). We'd still have one pick left in the 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 6th. Smith plus Jackson plus 4 prospects is a really good haul IMO.

I used the draft value chart to figure out what we'd need to give up. We know this regime is comfortable moving up if they really like someone (Zay Jones, Dion Dawkins).

I don't really want to give up much draft capital if we can help it, I think we need to fill our holes. But I am fine with moving up for a top Qb. Something like this though... not so interested.

24 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This would be a really nice haul, especially if Billy Price's injury drops him to our 2nd and we can snatch him up.