It's us or the lions for Demulling

As for OG, I think we'll probably see Bannan there.

271540[/snapback]

:blush:

First Pucillo, then Lawrence Smith, then Ross Tucker, now....BANNAN?

Nah, I'd rather give McNally a real LG for once. How about Pork Chop? He should come cheap. And while he's a borderline effective RT, he'd be an upper tier guard in this league where his lateral movement is more restricted and his forward "plowing" is more encouraged.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think that DeMulling, if signed, will play center, leaving Teague to contend for the LT spot.  The LT spot will be between him and Peters.  As for OG, I think we'll probably see Bannan there.

271540[/snapback]

You mention Peters and Bannan for starting OL positions, but nothing about Gandy? Did the Bills already cut him? :blush:

PS I can't find anything in DeMulling's bio either in college or the pros that indicates he has ever played center...

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=bio&player_id=64

You mention Peters and Bannan for starting OL positions, but nothing about Gandy?  Did the Bills already cut him? :blush:

Gandy looks like depth. But he'll probably get a shot to start at LG. I just think that Bannan shows untapped potential, whereas with the other guys, you pretty much know what you're getting.

PS I can't find anything in DeMulling's bio either in college or the pros that indicates he has ever played center...

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=bio&player_id=64

He said it in his press conference. I believe he's played there with the Colts a couple games.

Gandy looks like depth.  But he'll probably get a shot to start at LG.  I just think that Bannan shows untapped potential, whereas with the other guys, you pretty much know what you're getting.

271614[/snapback]

MBD....you're losing me. You really believe that a DT who played a few snaps at guard in goal line situations last year would be a better fit at LG than Gandy? ....and Teague competing at LT with Peters? :blush:

Who would you rather block for. McGahee or Jones? My thinking is, sign with the Bills, because when McGahee rushes for 2000 yards that willonly make Demulling look good!

271511[/snapback]

Yeah...but will he get extra money for getting Willis to run for 2000 yards ?

Bills | A Finalist for DeMulling - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:47:48 -0800

Curt Sylvester, of the Detroit Free Press, reports free agent G Rick DeMulling (Colts) has apparently narrowed his choices down to signing with the Buffalo Bills or the Detroit Lions. The Bills are negotiating with DeMulling, who visited Monday, March 7.

Link Scroll down to notebook

MBD....you're losing me.  You really believe that a DT who played a few snaps at guard in goal line situations last year would be a better fit at LG than Gandy?  ....and Teague competing at LT with Peters?  :blush:

Gandy's history doesn't excite me all that much. He could be a find. However I liked Bannan's potential. And Peters and Teague are likely the 2 main competitors at LT, assuming the Bills find a new starting center.

Gandy's history doesn't excite me all that much.  He could be a find.  However I liked Bannan's potential.  And Peters and Teague are likely the 2 main competitors at LT, assuming the Bills find a new starting center.

271840[/snapback]

One thing about DeMulling playing Center, In looking at NFL.com GameBooks it appears he started 2 games at Center in 2004. I think thoughts of him as a starter in place of Teague is really questionable for the sole reason it mean moving 2 players (Teague and DeMulling) at positions they have not played a majority of their careers. If signed I think there's no doubt it's to play at LG. In terms of the hole at LT, if signed I'd give Pork Chop the nod there or we could see Gandy and possibly McFarland competing with a draft pick. As good an athlete as Jason Peters is, I don't want someone who has next to no experience as an offensive lineman at the college or NFL guarding my QBs blindside.

My guess is that he has already made his choice and he is setting up a bidding war between two parties to get the maximum he can get out of his choice or at the very least he has a favorite and is still playing the two businesses off against each other.

271454[/snapback]

That NEVER works with Donahoe.

teague is a Left Tackle

271876[/snapback]

....but not a good one, 11.25 sacks given up in 16 starts (.70/Game) at LT in 2001....

Compared to Gandy's 8.00 in 14 starts (.57/Game) in 2003.

Pork Chop's stats are harder to calculate because he never spent a season at one position for what it's worth he's given up 10.75 sacks in 22 starts (.49/Game).

In terms of Jennings, he gave 13.50 in 42 starts at LT (.32/Game).

Seriously, if Teague was such a quality LT, why hasn't anyone asked, when we signed him why didn't we keep him at LT and keep Jennings at RT and draft someone besides Mike Williams?

but not a good one, 11.25 sacks in 16 starts (.70/Game) at LT in 2001....

Compared to Gandy's 8.00 in 14 starts (.57/Game) in 2003. Pork Chop's stats are harder to calculate because he never spent a season at one position for what it's worth he's given up 10.75 sacks in 22 starts (.49/Game). In terms of Jennings, he gave 13.50 in 42 starts at LT (.32/Game).

Teague tore his ACL in the 2nd game of the 2000 season. He returned to play most of the pre-season in 2001 and all of that season, meaning he played well within the "you need at least 2 years to fully recover from an ACL injury" time period. I'm willing to give him a shot now that he's far removed from that ACL injury, he's working with McNally, and there's a need.

True, and that's why I think the plan is to move him to C and free up Teague for LT. Sandwich DeMulling between two road graders (Villarial and a free agent LG - Pork Chops???), and he'll be fine. More than fine, actually. I bet he'd be a small upgrade to Teague at C.

271533[/snapback]

KH, have you changed your mind on playing MW at LT?

Teague tore his ACL in the 2nd game of the 2000 season.  He returned to play most of the pre-season in 2001 and all of that season, meaning he played well within the "you need at least 2 years to fully recover from an ACL injury" time period.  I'm willing to give him a shot now that he's far removed from that ACL injury, he's working with McNally, and there's a need.

271911[/snapback]

Well done....you sold me

My guess is that he has already made his choice and he is setting up a bidding war between two parties to get the maximum he can get out of his choice or at the very least he has a favorite and is still playing the two businesses off against each other.

271454[/snapback]

Methinks you are right about this. I would feel pretty good about the OL if we could nab this guy. And I think interviewing Womack was posturing on the part of TD to try & reduce Demulling's negotiating position - I think both parties want each other.

True, and that's why I think the plan is to move him to C and free up Teague for LT. Sandwich DeMulling between two road graders (Villarial and a free agent LG - Pork Chops???), and he'll be fine. More than fine, actually. I bet he'd be a small upgrade to Teague at C.

271533[/snapback]

Am I the only person who remembers how Teague struggled at LT for the Broncos? They didn't even offer him a contract, which allowed him to come to Buffalo in the first place. And now people want him to be our starter at LT???

Am I the only person who remembers how Teague struggled at LT for the Broncos?  They didn't even offer him a contract, which allowed him to come to Buffalo in the first place.  And now people want him to be our starter at LT???

272287[/snapback]

i believe they did offer him a contract, and the bills offered him more.

Am I the only person who remembers how Teague struggled at LT for the Broncos?  They didn't even offer him a contract, which allowed him to come to Buffalo in the first place.  And now people want him to be our starter at LT???

272287[/snapback]

I tried to say as much in my post showing the sacks given up numbers but was dismissed because of his injury the year prior. Yet again I ask those people why wasn't Teauge used at LT back when we first signed him as had a hole at LT in 2002 as well.