Flutie To Be Released!!!

bottom line - the bills were a better *team* with him at qb than johnson.

271500[/snapback]

A team with a cancer who likes blaming everyone on the team, but himself. Many people who have talked to Flutie, have mistaken him for God!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just glad we have already signed Holcomb.  I just couldn't begin to imagine the arguments that would be made to sign Flutie if we hadn't.

271386[/snapback]

You are sooooooooooooooo correct.

I liked Flutie - he was fun to watch and he was the last Bills QB since Kelly to have a winning record. But why on earth go back, especially now that he's older? Let history be history and move on.

Besides, someone else is wearing #7 now.

Chargers | To Cut Flutie - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:08:41 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the San Diego Chargers have told QB Doug Flutie he will be released.

Git 'er done, TD!! :blush:

271375[/snapback]

I'm looking forward to his return to the CFL. He could tear it up against undisciplined, attacking defenses in the NFL, but Belichick's Jets defense exposed him. Since then, the only hurdle to stuffing Flutie has been the oppositions willingness to play a conservative style of defense and make Flutie chuck from the pocket. Can't do that in the CFL, the field is too big and the receivers roam free. He's a jerk, but he's fun to watch when he can play his game and I hope to see him back running around and making plays again.

Rob Johnson is still available too but I wouldn't want him back in Buffalo either.

Flutie had a good, short run in Buffalo (pun intended). Johnson showed flashes of real ability and did lead the Bills to a great comeback in Tennessee only to lose on the home run forward lateral. Both had their moments. But the bottom line is that the Bills lost both playoff games they appeared in and they are both ancient history. As a matter of fact, in the grand scheme of Buffalo Bills history, they will place somewhere well behind the legacies of Kelly, Ferguson, Kemp and Losman.

Again, I don't understand the bitterness towards our former players. Whether RJ, Flutie, Blesoe, Cowart or anyone else. Some did well here and gave their hearts others sucked here. But why wish ill will and demise on these guys.

I don't have ill will towards Bledsoe, RJ, Cowart. Flutie I hate, I'm glad he is gone and I'm glad he was cut. Let him go back to the CFL. The only place he EVER won anything. The CFL is second rate to the NFL and thats where second rate players like Flutie belong.

He's in his 40s, he lasted a year longer than RJ. He ended up in the NFL his last 7 years as a pro. Give it up already.

PS: If you really hate him that much you'll have to turn down the sound because once his career is truly over, he's probably headed to the broadcast booth.

I agree.

flutie really made football fun again for a few years. How anyone can be so narrow minded as to wish him anything but good luck is way beyond me. I was out here in San Diego when he scored against the Bills in the closing moments, and although I didn't like it I was great to see a guy his age still giving 100%

count how many people flock to this subject. the kind of sad folks who have a box of stale flutie flakes on a shelf in their bedrooms, next to a bowling trophy with one arm missing.

271442[/snapback]

Mentioning Flutie's name around here is like saying the name Frau Blücher near Cloris Leachman.