#2 pick related: Giants are worse at OL than we are at WR

This has been the case for a bit, but even heading into work this morning from listening to both WGR and NFL Radio various NYG commentators and/or fans were commenting on how bad the OL was, but the conclusion really seemed to be that they should stick with getting a QB.  

ON GR the guy talked about not being "cute" when it comes to trading down, but how about being smart?

For the love of all things football a trade with the Bills for the 2nd overall pick would give them a total of 7 of the first 66 guys taken in this year's draft.  I know they wouldn't do this, but you could honestly replace your entire offensive line in one season and still get a quality RB to make a run for the last 2 or 3 of Eli's career.  On NFL Radio, I believe, the caller was mentioning that of all the problems he thought the Giants had this year, Eli was not one of them, and that Flowers is a disaster.

I have been getting anxious since last night that the Bills may not be able to move up to get one of the top 2 QBs.  However,  I just don't know how the Gmen, or even the Colts, pass up 4 guys in the top 65.

This isn't a QB thread for the Bills, it's about the logic (or illogic) of other teams passing on what the Bills have to offer. 

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

12 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

This has been the case for a bit, but even heading into work this morning from listening to both WGR and NFL Radio various NYG commentators and/or fans were commenting on how bad the OL was, but the conclusion really seemed to be that they should stick with getting a QB.  

ON GR the guy talked about not being "cute" when it comes to trading down, but how about being smart?

For the love of all things football a trade with the Bills for the 2nd overall pick would give them a total of 7 of the first 66 guys taken in this year's draft.  I know they wouldn't do this, but you could honestly replace your entire offensive line in one season and still get a quality RB to make a run for the last 2 or 3 of Eli's career.  On NFL Radio, I believe, the caller was mentioning that of all the problems he thought the Giants had this year, Eli was not one of them, and that Flowers is a disaster.

I have been getting anxious since last night that the Bills may not be able to move up to get one of the top 2 QBs.  However,  I just don't know how the Gmen, or even the Colts, pass up 4 guys in the top 65.

This isn't a QB thread for the Bills, it's about the logic (or illogic) of other teams passing on what the Bills have to offer. 

it would make a lot of sense for the G men to trade down, get some help on the O Line and make another run or two with Eli.  The problem as I see it is that the media gets so whipped into a frenzy over QB prospects, and that since the giants arent usually drafting this high, that it makes sense to grab the next franchise QB.  I hope and assume the Giants FO dont read the post or listen to sports radio, but if they do that's the messaging in the city now

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

it would make a lot of sense for the G men to trade down, get some help on the O Line and make another run or two with Eli.  The problem as I see it is that the media gets so whipped into a frenzy over QB prospects, and that since the giants arent usually drafting this high, that it makes sense to grab the next franchise QB.  I hope and assume the Giants FO dont read the post or listen to sports radio, but if they do that's the messaging in the city now

Great points, Dorq.  However, can't they also prep the protection now and potentially get a QB either this year or next year?  

10 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Great points, Dorq.  However, can't they also prep the protection now and potentially get a QB either this year or next year?  

the gamble for them is missing out on one of the top guys at QB.  personally, and the giants are my second team, so i do follow them, i'd rather see them build around Eli, and take a later round QB to develop for a couple years.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

the gamble for them is missing out on one of the top guys at QB.  personally, and the giants are my second team, so i do follow them, i'd rather see them build around Eli, and take a later round QB to develop for a couple years.

Davis Webb must not be very highly thought of by the new regime. I figured he would be their developmental QB.  

8 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Situation in NYC just got a TON worse. They lost Richeborg and didn't get Norwell. I would guess they would want to sit pat at #2 and draft can't miss (LMAO) Nelson at 2.

Yep.

As my name states, I live in southern NY.

My Giants buddy wants Nelson at #2 or a QB.

The Giants fans I know (there are plenty) are legit melting down right now.

It's glorious.

16 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Situation in NYC just got a TON worse. They lost Richeborg and didn't get Norwell. I would guess they would want to sit pat at #2 and draft can't miss (LMAO) Nelson at 2.

6 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Yep.

As my name states, I live in southern NY.

My Giants buddy wants Nelson at #2 or a QB.

The Giants fans I know (there are plenty) are legit melting down right now.

It's glorious.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that in my OT as I did also hear it as I was leaving the parking lot.

Honestly, if they trade with us Giants fans truly should be thrilled.

If I were in their position I would, even if they wanted to trade away a few of those picks for next year.  5 in the first 3 rounds this year as well as 5 in the first 3 rounds in next year's draft would be pretty impressive.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Sorry, I forgot to mention that in my OT as I did also hear it as I was leaving the parking lot.

Honestly, if they trade with us Giants fans truly should be thrilled.

If I were in their position I would, even if they wanted to trade away a few of those picks for next year.  5 in the first 3 rounds this year as well as 5 in the first 3 rounds in next year's draft would be pretty impressive.  

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The Giants are in a tough spot. Not much cap space. Only a few draft picks. Basically 1 starter on the o-line, and changing form a 4-3 to a 3-4. Trade down makes sense. 

Agree with both of you 100%

1 minute ago, Tyrod's friend said:

No way Quinton falls that far. Personally I'm not that high on the guy, but he'll be drafted in top 9 easy. 

anything is possible.. but I still doubt it. Guards never get drafted top 10. 

Just now, ddaryl said:

anything is possible.. but I still doubt it. Guards never get drafted top 10. 

And if they trade down, you're looking at minimum 3 QBs and Barkley in the top 10

Somebody will draft a wr and a DL as always

I could see him go to 9-12

What if Cleveland traded up from four to the giants number two?   Cleveland could then take Barkley and the quarterback of their choice to sit behind Tyrod.  The Giants could still take Nelson at four or trade back further for another team to get Qb 3 and probably pick up a pair of clevelands  2nd and 3rds.