Tillerson's out. Pompeo to be the new SoS

6 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Someone told you that you couldn't make the message board worse by intentionally posting to the detriment of the board, so you decided that's exactly what you would do?

I thought that was a solid theory I posted. No less possible than plenty of the crap the nut jobs post? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thebug said:

I thought that was a solid theory I posted. No less possible than plenty of the crap the nut jobs post? 

Political disagreement does not invalidate evidence.  You may disagree with what Greg has been sharing, but he has sourced volumes of evidence.  He's also been researching this topic, working to become a subject matter expert, taking interviews with primary sources in our intel community for around two years.

So while you may not agree with his conclusions, he is not bringing down the quality of the board, as bringing down the board's quality is not synonymous with posting conclusions one disagrees with.

What you are doing only brings down the quality of the board, so given that you're newer here, and I think it's desirable for the board to seek out new posters of all ideological persuasions who are interested in contributing positively to the discourse, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and asking you to please stop doing what you're doing.

It serves no purpose other than ruining other people's experience, and is a really ****ty thing to intentionally do to other people.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Political disagreement does not invalidate evidence.  You may disagree with what Greg has been sharing, but he has sourced volumes of evidence.  He's also been researching this topic, working to become a subject matter expert, taking interviews with primary sources in our intel community for around two years.

So while you may not agree with his conclusions, he is not bringing down the quality of the board, as bringing down the board's quality is not synonymous with posting conclusions one disagrees with.

What you are doing only brings down the quality of the board, so given that you're newer here, and I think it's desirable for the board to seek out new posters of all ideological persuasions who are interested in contributing positively to the discourse, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and asking you to please stop doing what you're doing.

It serves no purpose other than ruining other people's experience, and is a really shitting thing to intentionally do to other people.

Thanks for the advice. 

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It wasn't advice. 

It was a request made by one person to another person to stop treating other people poorly because it amuses you to treat other people poorly.

Your request has been noted. 

7 minutes ago, thebug said:

Your request has been noted. 

Will you act on it, or are you content to be a ****ty person who takes enjoyment from treating other people poorly?

I ask because I'd rather have you be a positive influence here, continue to read your posts, engage you about your thoughts and beliefs, and have a healthy dialogue.  That's when the board is at it's best.

If not, that's obviously your choice to make, but I'd rather save myself time and simply put you on ignore now if that's going to be the case.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

10 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Will you act on it, or are you content to be a ****ty person who takes enjoyment from treating other people poorly?

I ask because I'd rather have you be a positive influence here, continue to read your posts, engage you about your thoughts and beliefs, and have a healthy dialogue.  That's when the board is at it's best.

If not, that's obviously your choice to make, but I'd rather save myself time and simply put you on ignore now if that's going to be the case.

Holy !@#$ hit the ignore button already. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, thebug said:

Holy !@#$ hit the ignore button already. 

Like I said, I'd rather not.

I was hopeful that you might take the fact that you're being ****ty to real people for your own amusement to heart, and that you might decide to amend your behavior, becoming instead a positive contributor to this community.

Or have you decided that you'd rather behave like a jerk?

8 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Like I said, I'd rather not.

I was hopeful that you might take the fact that you're being ****ty to real people for your own amusement to heart, and that you might decide to amend your behavior, becoming instead a positive contributor to this community.

Or have you decided that you'd rather behave like a jerk?

He's an idiot.

40 minutes ago, thebug said:

I can go all night asshat! Move along. 

You've been told in a civil manner by a few different posters here what an ass you are. You continually jump into a discussion, not trying to add anything but acting like a clown offering nothing to the conversation. You aren't familiar with the subject but that doesn't matter. Your clown act is what matters to you. You are the epitome of the Ugly Canadian.

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You've been told in a civil manner by a few different posters here what an ass you are. You continually jump into a discussion, not trying to add anything but acting like a clown offering nothing to the conversation. You aren't familiar with the subject but that doesn't matter. Your clown act is what matters to you. You are the epitome of the Ugly Canadian.

So I can’t respond to anyone? 

1 minute ago, snafu said:

Are you really Canadian? You don't apologize much at all.

No I don’t. 

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Of course you can, just don't be a clown and add something to the conversation.

I did. Told him to piss off.