New Mock Draft AT (After Tyrod)

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/two-round-2018-nfl-mock-draft-browns-still-take-qb-no-1-after-tyrod-taylor-trade/

In short, trade up to #10 with Oakland and grab Baker Mayfield and keep #22.

Grab LB Rashaan Evans at #22

Grab DT Harrison Phillips at #53

Grab C Frank Ragnow at #56 ( don't know much about him but I disagree, especially with WR Christian Kirk still on the board)

Who wouldn't be happy with this? 

If this was the scenario with Top 3 picks and Cleveland at 4 took a CB that would be dumb. No way they would not work a similar deal with Buffalo that was made for the Raiders. It would take probably giving back also the 65 pick but if Buffalo really likes two of the Top 4 QB's the price is worth it. That would land the guy we like even if it still is Mayfield. I think they would go with Darnold who has huge upside if he is groomed. That would mean Buffalo brings in a Bridgewater, Bradford or Moore short term. Evans is the guy at 22 also, Huge need and McDermott needs his QB on defense too.  

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'm with it until the Ragnow part. 

Ryan Groy played really well at Center in 2016, when asked to fill in for Eric Wood. He played good enough that another team tried to sign him as an RFA and we matched the contract.

In my opinion, we already have our Eric Wood replacement. I wouldn't draft another Center until Round 4 or 5. I'd spend that 2nd elsewhere.

That is fine but Groy has 1 year left on contract. Groy also can play guard so you go for Price or the guy from Iowa who both also can play guard and then you have great depth. If Buffalo doesn't move Glenn in a trade he goes to RT, who cares about the money. You have a cheap LT right now. Now you have a crazy OL with depth.

Mayfield is being beaten up over character issues, and some think he’s a late first or mid second round pic. I don’t think it’s that far fetched to think he will drop.

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

I read that. I think we have to go higher to get baker. 

If you don't go to 4 Miami will, no way Cleveland go's for a CB at 4, not when they can be reasonable and get multiple picks. Give the Raiders deal to Cleveland with 1 more pick. I would give 21, next years 1st this years 65 back and a 4thpick. That leaves us with our QB and a 1st, 2-2nd's and a third still. Why wouldn't Cleveland take that instead of a CB. If Miami or someone moves in keep the 65 and give up 1 of the 2nd rounders. Still will get good players this year. This trade will have to wait to see what the Top 3 picks are but I would be ready for this GM Beane!

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that this is a terrible class in the front 7. It’s good okay at DT & LB but horrendous with edge guys. There could be 12-15 defensive lineman to go in the 1st next year’s class and 3 in the top 5. Oliver, Bosa, the Clemson guys, Gary, etc... The first mock that I looked at had 7 DL going in the 1st 11 picks and 12 in the first round!! That is just DL (not including LBs). 

Allot can happen before then, we have the picks now. Get the players, you won't need as much help next year with 80 million to spend in free agency.

1 hour ago, BuffaloDave55 said:

I agree.  If a trade to 10 didn't happen I'm good with taking Rudolph at 22, bringing in Bradford and keeping Peterson

Rather have Jackson, another CAM, groom him. He is not EJ. This boy can run too better than Taylor. If Bills like 2 of the 4 QB's and they are there at 4 move to get him, period. This won't happen if Bills get McCarron, Foles or work some crazy trade and land Luck. I think this is possible and we stay with picks. I can see Buffalo giving up 21, next year 1st, 2nd pick for Luck. I also can see Foles for a 2nd and next years 2nd if Luck can't be had. This would allow Buffalo to do what ever they want with their draft still. If Luck can be had we are a Superbowl team. Indy needs picks and picks next year to get back. They can grab their QB with the 3rd pick. There is a deal to be made here that rivals what happened in 1986.

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

Agreed, plus they have nowhere near the ammo Buffalo has. They'd have to sell their soul to the devil. No way they can match the Bills and maintain quality picks for the future.

If Miami doesn't then they remain at the bottom for years. Their backs are against the wall, that is why you force the issue. If they beat you make it hurt real bad. Bills lose out they still get a QB and have allot of really good players drafted still. Either way make Miami pay!

53 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

I don't think they are.  I think they are eying a QB.  If they actually trusted Tannehill then why would they trade away his top target?

There is a difference for the Phins though.  If you look at their Offense, they still have everything around for a rookie QB (although they traded Landry away) and they are pretty set on defense so they could actually sell their soul for a QB.  Gase probably wants his own QB and Tannehill is obviously not their guy.  He's unavailable and he's not very good when he is.  Why wouldn't they want a QB?  And while you think it's outrageous for them to sell their souls for a QB, but it is OK for the Bills to do so, I'm confused?

In any case both teams need franchise QB's and it'll be interesting to see what happens.

In this scenario you may have a point. It wouldn't take much for Miami to move up one spot and sweeten it with a future first. Also allows Oak to have a better position at 11 compared to 21. I've been under the impression for so long now that we have to give up 21 and 22 to get our QB.

I'll rephrase my original post.

If we need to get in the Top 3, Miami doesn't have the ammo to match us?

21 minutes ago, Yav said:

Mayfield is being beaten up over character issues, and some think he’s a late first or mid second round pic. I don’t think it’s that far fetched to think he will drop.

In this scenario then your accept getting JAckson or Rudolph and if he falls awesome. I am Ok with this because I think the best thing Buffalo can do is keep the picks. I have a dark horse trade that happens soon before the draft though. Indy decides they want to draft a QB of the future and tout they are taking a QB at 3. This either gets them stock to trade pick or lets league no Luck is available. At that point Bills do the unexpected. The highest a franchise QB has been traded for is two 1st and a 2nd for Cutler in his prime. Only Cleveland can beat Buffalo one this front without wiping out this draft. If someone else does that who cares. I would go in with a package strong for Luck, our 21st, next years 1st, one of our 2nd's and our 3rd pick. Indy could rebuild immediately with a new franchise QB and Buffalo can immediately compete with NE for Division and playoffs still having a 1st a 2nd and a 3rd pick. why would you not do this! Why would Indy not do this. Luck has 4 years left at 80 mil and is 29, no way Indy competes next two years. Irsay is mad Luck sat last year, a new path is needed.

28 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

If you don't go to 4 Miami will, no way Cleveland go's for a CB at 4, not when they can be reasonable and get multiple picks. Give the Raiders deal to Cleveland with 1 more pick. I would give 21, next years 1st this years 65 back and a 4thpick. That leaves us with our QB and a 1st, 2-2nd's and a third still. Why wouldn't Cleveland take that instead of a CB. If Miami or someone moves in keep the 65 and give up 1 of the 2nd rounders. Still will get good players this year. This trade will have to wait to see what the Top 3 picks are but I would be ready for this GM Beane!

Allot can happen before then, we have the picks now. Get the players, you won't need as much help next year with 80 million to spend in free agency.

A lot can happen but there are some locks. If Oliver and Bosa took this season off they’d go top 5. We do have the cap space next year but high end pass rushers rarely hit the market. Lawrence and Ansah both were tagged this year. I’d much prefer using picks this year to move up than next. This class is strong at QB but isn’t a good draft by most all accounts. The edge guys, WR, OT, and DB are worse than most other years. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, USABuffaloFan said:

In this scenario then your accept getting JAckson or Rudolph and if he falls awesome. I am Ok with this because I think the best thing Buffalo can do is keep the picks. I have a dark horse trade that happens soon before the draft though. Indy decides they want to draft a QB of the future and tout they are taking a QB at 3. This either gets them stock to trade pick or lets league no Luck is available. At that point Bills do the unexpected. The highest a franchise QB has been traded for is two 1st and a 2nd for Cutler in his prime. Only Cleveland can beat Buffalo one this front without wiping out this draft. If someone else does that who cares. I would go in with a package strong for Luck, our 21st, next years 1st, one of our 2nd's and our 3rd pick. Indy could rebuild immediately with a new franchise QB and Buffalo can immediately compete with NE for Division and playoffs still having a 1st a 2nd and a 3rd pick. why would you not do this! Why would Indy not do this. Luck has 4 years left at 80 mil and is 29, no way Indy competes next two years. Irsay is mad Luck sat last year, a new path is needed.

When was the last time Luck even played? There’s no way I’d mortgage the future for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

In a perfect world this mock happens. However, Beane said he'd have something better before moving on from Tyrod. Hoping Baker falls to ten AND the Raiders decide to trade out of 10 does not seem like a lock. There has to be something else in the works. 

It's either Foles/McCarron/Keenum or a trade into the top 3. Otherwise you can't trust the process but hope for a process.

I'd rather move the second 1st rounder this year than next years 1st rounder. Next years 1st has a good chance of being a better draft pick imo. Especially with a rookie QB. 

Its a risk either way but i'd prefer to keep next years 1st rounder. An injury can derail a season pretty quick. 

6 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/two-round-2018-nfl-mock-draft-browns-still-take-qb-no-1-after-tyrod-taylor-trade/

In short, trade up to #10 with Oakland and grab Baker Mayfield and keep #22.

Grab LB Rashaan Evans at #22

Grab DT Harrison Phillips at #53

Grab C Frank Ragnow at #56 ( don't know much about him but I disagree, especially with WR Christian Kirk still on the board)

Who wouldn't be happy with this? 

Best draft ever....:but I don’t think Baker makes it to 10 if cousins goes to the Vikings

Edited by NewEra