Which Top Draft Prospects Fit McDermott's Model Best

12 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

My choice as well. Plus he said at the combine he wanted to bring "intellectual brutality" to the nfl. 

Lol...love it

With the 21st pick, in the 2018 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...Harrison Phillips.  Defensive tackle, Stanford.
- Goodell

Um, this is interesting.  I would have to think that the Bills could have gotten Harrison Phillips late in the 2nd or in the 3rd round.
- Mayock

Yeah, I don't get this either.
- LaCanfora

So, who plays QB?  Another wasted, Whaley-type pick
- Howard Simon, Jeremy White, Mike Schopp, Jerry Sullivan

Edited by Buffalo Bills Detective
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

With the 21st pick, in the 2018 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...Harrison Philips.  Defensive tackle, Stanford.
- Goodell

Um, this is interesting.  I would have to think that the Bills could have gotten Harrison Philips late in the 2nd or in the 3rd round.
- Mayock

Yeah, I don't get this either.
- LaCanfora

So, who plays QB?  Another wasted, Whaley-type pick
- Howard Simon, Jeremy White, Mike Schopp, Jerry Sullivan

I didnt say in the first, did I? I said of the top prospects, he seems to fit the dna of McBeane. That is all.

Whaley is gone.

Who cares what dj's say.

Im trusting the process until they prove its faulty?

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I know it's already been said, but Harrison Phillips is the most "McDermott-y" guy you'll ever find.

Wrestling champion, double-majored at Stanford, active in the community, effort player, perfect heir to Kyle Williams.

I am convinced there will never be another prospect that more perfectly matches what McDermott wants in a player.

I was thinking the thread should have started, “Besides for Harrison Phillips....”

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

He is. I have a short story about him. I was in the parking lot picking up my tailgating equipment after the Spring game two years ago. The players usually walk across this parking lot from the stadium to the football facility where they have a big party to close out spring ball.

A lot of the players you can tell are trying to get across fast so they aren’t approached by fans.

DJ went out of his way and went up to my son and his friend who were playing catch and introduced himself and asked them if they would like his gloves he used in the spring game. Kids faces lit up and he signed the gloves too. Got to talk to him for about 5 means before he had to leave. Still today my kid talks about meeting DJ Chark.

that is a fantastic story.  I love the players who remember what it was like to be a fan.  Stuff like that is 5 min of that guys time, and means a ton to a kid.  I really hope we draft him what what I've read so far and saw at the combine.  

19 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Rosen 

You sure about that one?

20 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Kyle Lauletta-QB

Nick Chubb-RB

Jaylen Samuels-FB

Calvin Ridley-WR

Michael Gallup-WR

DaeSean Hamilton-WR

Hayden Hurst-TE

Brian O'Neill-T

Isaiah Wynn-G

Frank Ragnow-C

Braden Smith-G

Mike McGlinchey-T

Sam Hubbard-DL

Harrison Phillips-DL

Derrick Nnadi-DL

Andrew Brown-DL

Roquan Smith-LB

Darius Leonard-LB

Rashaan Evans-LB

Quenton Meeks-CB

Siran Neal-S

Armani Watts-S

Levi Wallace-CB

You know that much about all those players?   Wow.

I think Taven Bryan is a fit. He's freakishly athletic, has really good size, and comes from a family with a military background.

Bryan's athleticism is almost as good as JJ Watt's (which is insane). If we can snag him at the end of round 1 I'll be thrilled.