Taven Bryan - DE?

Could Taven Bryan 6'4" 291 be a surprise fit for DE?

"Talented defender with rare athletic ability and play traits. Bryan's lack of production is due to a lack of instincts and feel for the position and he's still in a developmental phase as a prospect. Bryan played inside at Florida but has the size and talent to play inside or OUTSIDE.  His instincts and feel are below average so his development could take time, but when he is a finished product, Bryan has the ability to become a disruptive, highly productive talent with a very high ceiling"

• Athletically gifted with loose lower body
  • Plays with flexibility and agility of a defensive end
  • Big upfield burst off the ball
  • Gets skinny and slithers through gaps causing disruption in backfield
  • Flashes disruptive potential that is waiting to be fully cultivated
  • Initial lateral quickness allows him to pace ahead of the block
  • Rare pursuit speed and closing burst for interior player
  • Rangy tackler who plays with extended life battery in his motor
  • Extremely tough and determined
  • Uses explosive push-pull and punch-release techniques for quick wins at the point
  • Has the turn in both upper and lower body to flip quickly around his blocker
  • Works quickly to an edge to attack as rusher
  • Can bend under the guard's edge and corner right around to attack the quarterback

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/taven-bryan?id=32462018-0002-5601-4019-7ec2f41a69d1

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

No way am I taking a kid as a pass rusher who has 5.5 sacks in 30 college games.  Athletic monster, not a great football player - yet.  I think he has some upside as a penetrating defensive tackle but he is a year at least away from being capable of being an every down NFL player.  

I know some people are talking about him as a 1st rounder but he is low 2nd round grade on my board.  

• Like (+1) 1

I like Bryan for how quick he is off the ball. Super strong player with an endless motor.

You watch his film and this kids can penetrate.

he got knocked on cause his arms were under 33 inches.  I fail to believe cause your arms are an inch longer you will handle me.... BS

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/5/2018 at 5:19 AM, GunnerBill said:

No way am I taking a kid as a pass rusher who has 5.5 sacks in 30 college games.  Athletic monster, not a great football player - yet.  I think he has some upside as a penetrating defensive tackle but he is a year at least away from being capable of being an every down NFL player.  

I know some people are talking about him as a 1st rounder but he is low 2nd round grade on my board.  

I  never said first round :D

definitely saw him get through some tackles to the QB.

On 3/5/2018 at 6:53 AM, FeelingOnYouboty said:

A really good DC will line him up at both like the Seahawks do with Bennett and the Giants did with Tuck and the Texans do with Watt.

Thats the hope