Is Davenport a possibility

In my opinion we need QB, DL, LB, and OL most but can we pass on Davenport? He played at a small school but did very well at Senior Bowl and top competition. If we draft him and a top DL, if we don't go QB, I think I'd be pretty happy. Anyone watch him play this year?

We definitely need to address the pass rush for sure. Our pass rush was pathetic last year. 

I hope Shaq develops this offseason but I don't think we can count on it at this point. 

If Davenport is there he will be in play. I think Harold Landry is an option as well. I would be really Happy if we got one of those DEs and Harrison Phillips in round 1. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BeastMode54 said:

In my opinion we need QB, DL, LB, and OL most but can we pass on Davenport? He played at a small school but did very well at Senior Bowl and top competition. If we draft him and a top DL, if we don't go QB, I think I'd be pretty happy. Anyone watch him play this year?

Yes, we can pass on him. Unless he can pass. Then we can reconsider. 

As billspro states, he will be in play if he drops that far.  He's raw, owing to his college background, but he has that proverbial "freaky athleticism" you can't teach, and reports are he has a great attitude toward the game and wanting to get better.

8 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Yes, we can pass on him. Unless he can pass. Then we can reconsider. 

I'm not saying pass on QB at all, but I'm not sold on Rudolph and if all the rest are gone we have to look at him if hes there

Edited by BeastMode54
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BeastMode54 said:

I'm not saying pass on QB at all, but I'm not sold on Rudolph and if all the rest are gone we have to look at him if hes there

I think the Bills will try to trade up but will probably be outbid by the Jets or the Cardinals. We are just to far back to make an offer similar to those teams. They probably will try to trade back in the first round to acquire some extra picks but it is not always easy to find a trade partner in those situations. 

I think when you look at it the best move is to probably address the front 7 on D with both of our picks in round 1. Then try and uncover a franchise QB in round 2. 

39 minutes ago, BeastMode54 said:

If the QBs are gone and we are still sitting on our hands at 21 without addressing that position we have bigger problems than a pass rush.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

If the QBs are gone and we are still sitting on our hands at 21 without addressing that position we have bigger problems than a pass rush.

Pass rush is our biggest problem outside of QB.  We need multiple front 7 upgrades

26 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Maybe we can add the "Buffalo Special" to Joe Webb's Package.

....between Joe's Package and somebody liking LB Josey's Jewels at the combine, we could be on a slippery slope negating PG-13 quickly............

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....between Joe's Package and somebody liking LB Josey's Jewels at the combine, we could be on a slippery slope negating PG-13 quickly............

Maybe this is the chance Ed Wang has been waiting for to make his NFL return.

25 minutes ago, Pete said:

Pass rush is our biggest problem outside of QB.  We need multiple front 7 upgrades

Pass rush? Respectfully disagree. Run defense...but agree we need upgrades on the line. 

25 minutes ago, Pete said:

Pass rush? Respectfully disagree. Run defense...but agree we need upgrades on the line. 

1 hour ago, BeastMode54 said:

Who is the new QB going to throw the ball too?

7 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Maybe this is the chance Ed Wang has been waiting for to make his NFL return.

...YOU win...I quit...NO WAY IN HELL I can top that..............:D

• Haha (+1) 1