Bucky Brooks NFL combine winners (Allen) & losers (Rosen).

PIZ

18 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Just let the jets fall in love with Allen. Please 

Why do fans want any of these QBs to go to an AFC East team other than ours? 

What if Allen sits for a year or two and gets it? Becomes a super star.

Fact is nobody knows how well he will turn out.

9 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

That's a chance I'm willing to take.  They're likely going to draft one of the top four quarterbacks and he's the most likely to bust imo.

1 hour ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Nobody knows how he will turn out, but we do know that he wasn't all that great in college against mediocre competition. I have never seen so much hype for a guy who was below average, 82nd out of 125 in passing eff., and 75th out of 125 in total qbr.  56% completions two years in a row playing in a weak non power conference. That completion % was 95th out of 125, let that sink in.  I get the fact that he is big and can throw the ball far, but the hype and comparisons are ridiculous. At least Wentz was accurate and had an efficient college career, Allen has never shown that he can play the game at a high level.       

Edited by Turk71

1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

Nobody knows how he will turn out, but we do know that he wasn't all that great in college against mediocre competition. I have never seen so much hype for a guy who was below average, 82nd out of 125 in passing eff., and 75th out of 125 in total qbr.  56% completions two years in a row playing in a weak non power conference. That completion % was 95th out of 125, let that sink in.  I get the fact that he is big and can throw the ball far, but the hype and comparisons are ridiculous. At least Wentz was accurate and had an efficient college career, Allen has never shown that he can play the game at a high level.       

But then went to the senior bowl and performed pretty well. His team this year at Wyoming was terrible. Last year they were ok when he had better talent around him.

And honestly I watched a few of his games and the play calling was questionable at best.

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

But then went to the senior bowl and performed pretty well. His team this year at Wyoming was terrible. Last year they were ok when he had better talent around him.

And honestly I watched a few of his games and the play calling was questionable at best.

Granted,  there are a lot of variables, but the hype machine is way out of control imo. The guy is big and can really chuck the ball. Other than that he has shown nothing. Last year with a better team his comp % was worse than this year. If you are only getting 6.7 yds. per att. your comp % better be a lot higher than 56%.

Edited by Turk71

21 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Like I said in the combine thread and got backlash, Rosen was not good. He looked unprepared and uninspired. 

Rosen is a smart guy, maybe his plan is to look bad at the combine and fall in the draft to a better team. You never know.

5 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

Rosen is a smart guy, maybe his plan is to look bad at the combine and fall in the draft to a better team. You never know.

Nah .. there are good teams at the top of the draft (NYG, Denver) and teams willing to trade up 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Nah .. there are good teams at the top of the draft (NYG, Denver) and teams willing to trade up 

True, maybe it's just the Browns he is trying to discourage to pass on him.

12 hours ago, stony said:

This is a prestige pick for a new GM, who needs to fill the one glaring hole the previous braintrust failed to address.  It difficult for me to think they'll get cute with the first pick and take a RB.  

Yeah, they'll take Darnold. This all is just people talking about things which are possible but are very much not probable. I remember rolling my eyes at the reports RGIII might be taken before Luck. 

53 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Yeah, they'll take Darnold. This all is just people talking about things which are possible but are very much not probable. I remember rolling my eyes at the reports RGIII might be taken before Luck. 

Seems crazy now, but those reports weren’t complete BS. I know for a fact there were high ranking FO personnel within the Colts who were struggling with that decision and said RG3 was the best player they had ever scouted. 

39 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Seems crazy now, but those reports weren’t complete BS. I know for a fact there were high ranking FO personnel within the Colts who were struggling with that decision and said RG3 was the best player they had ever scouted. 

To me it was just as stupid then as it is now. If what you say is true, I feel even more sorry for Luck (and other Colt players), for having to work in the same organization as morons like that. 

I actually kind of believe you, as people sometimes tend to over think ****, sometimes.

Edited by Paulus

57 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Griffin was great as a rookie. Then Washington was running read option with him on one leg in the playoffs. Also same draft they take another QB in the 4th in Cousins. I consider the 5th on as guys if they contribute it's a bonus and if they pan out it's a good pick. They traded up for Griffin and took another QB in the mid-rds. To me the mental make-up of Griffin killed his career. 

We're not looking at Jeff Tuel in terms of arm strength early in the draft. I think the guys considered in the 1st generally have the arm strength. I'd love Bills to move up for Darnold or Rosen because I want guys after the first read is gone they're not lost. I think the running QB thing is an easy thing to point out when criticizing QB's. As Bills fans we watched Taylor run around and some would say defenses figured him out. I'd argue that Taylor and some others trusted their legs more than their arm and decision making which allows them to make the big play after buying time. Though plays are open it's just they're slow read QB's.

The ideal situation for the Bills is the Browns take Allen and the Giants take Barkley. If this were to happen and the Bills don't make a move to get a QB than I question the front office. I couldn't think of a worse situation than the Bills not ending up with one of the top 6 QB's.

On 3/3/2018 at 9:50 PM, Ittakestime said:

Like I said in the combine thread and got backlash, Rosen was not good. He looked unprepared and uninspired. 

I was shocked that he ran. And furthermore clocked a 4.85 40. Thats really good when the goldenboy Mayfield clocked a 4.81. I thinkhe just has the big goofy look. You may be right but that may just be him

On March 3, 2018 at 9:12 PM, PIZ said:

Maybe it's just me but I think I saw pretty much what I was expecting, or at least I think I saw nothing to change my mind about these guys.

Like most people I expected Josh Allen to look good in shorts, and he did. Rosen had a few lousy throws but also showed off his arm talent. Who cares? Everybody knows he's extremely talented throwing the football and can easily execute a shallow out. It's like wondering if Jackson can run.

As for Lamar he showed continuing accuracy issues throwing outside the hash marks, was pretty good middle of the field. Perhaps more importantly I think he confirmed that he has the physical ability to make any NFL throw, only question being whether he can clean up his throwing mechanics to where he mostly gets rid of the overthrows (I believe he can). Arm strength was on display and was very impressive IMO (even if he underthrew one long ball).