Kyle Lauletta (Richmond) the target?

PIZ

2 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Anyone got Jeff Tuels phone number? ;) 

J/K Peterbeater needs a bit more zip on his throws.

When he throws a sideline out I cringe.

Lauletta is similarly afflicted. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is who everyone says the Pats want, right?

well then I guess he’s good.

"Everyone" meaning article saying Belichick will want Lauletta 'cuz, Lacrosse.   and Navy relative.

14 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Is he better than Nate Peterman?

Good question.  He looks better, but I think Not Ready Nate played against a higher level of competition.

Some say Lauletta has a stronger arm, I can't judge.  I like his feet (as a QB, you pervs)

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ve never watched a Richmond football game. Whatever ya’ll say.

Here ya go.  Have a blast.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

10 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They have the ammo. It's a matter of whether they believe someone is worth the jump and if there's a willing dance partner. 

I actually don't think we do.  I think that teams drafting in the top 5 don't necessarily want to trade back out of the top 10 or top 15, even if the overall pile of draft picks is deep enough.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I actually don't think we do.  I think that teams drafting in the top 5 don't necessarily want to trade back out of the top 10 or top 15, even if the overall pile of draft picks is deep enough.

You might be right, but we'll have to wait and see.  A team like the Colts with multiple needs could be interested in a package the Bills might offer. 

12 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and you know this how?.......what if McBeane goes OL/DL or DL/OL with the two 1sts and looks for his "flyer QB" among Rudolph, Falk, Lauletta or White?........fire 'em?.....

The problem is Bills fans thanks to WGR have overrated the 1st round QBs into god status. So for many not getting one of the top 3 or four represents failure. Even though Folk, Lauletta and White have similar potential and even in some cases better numbers.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

The problem is Bills fans thanks to WGR have overrated the 1st round QBs into god status. So for many not getting one of the top 3 or four represents failure. Even though Folk, Lauletta and White have similar potential and even in some cases better numbers.

Alternatively they don't have similar potential as there is a real talent disparity that is discernable. BTW it's Falk. 

13 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

What do you do when Darnold and Rosen go 1 and 2? Do you just give up and not draft a QB? I'm curious.

I'm not convinced a tradeup is impossible.  Giants or Colts may be willing to deal.  Saquon could easily go in one of the first two picks.  Aside from that, I think Mayfield is worth a high trade up.  Outside of top three, I'd place Jackson and even Allen ahead of Rudolph.  Supposedly we passed on qb last year and traded out of ten to have the capital to get a qb this year.  It's a fail, imo, if we end up settling for a tier two or three qb.

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Alternatively they don't have similar potential as there is a real talent disparity that is discernable. BTW it's Falk. 

What's the discernable disparity? Athletic ability? Proficiency? Competition? Arm talent?

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Depending on what 2nd/3rd tier prospect it's a combination of things including items from your list.  

It's really nothing that makes a QB good in the NFL. None of the 1st round QB are slam dunk talents. Baker Mayfield is probably head and shoulders above everyone else but the rest are overhyped because of arm talent or celebrity. I bet two drop out of the top ten.

5 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

It's really nothing that makes a QB good in the NFL. None of the 1st round QB are slam dunk talents. Baker Mayfield is probably head and shoulders above everyone else but the rest are overhyped because of arm talent or celebrity. I bet two drop out of the top ten.

So you're saying all QB prospects have an equal chance to be good players at the NFL level?    Lauletta is just as likely to be as good as Darnold or Rosen? I disagree on Mayfield, but if that's your opinion fine. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So you're saying all QB prospects have an equal chance to be good players at the NFL level?    Lauletta is just as likely to be as good as Darnold? I disagree on Mayfield, but if that's your opinion fine. 

That's what it sounds like he's implying, or at least what I got out of it.

There are 5 legit prospects this year, even if everybody ranks them differently, the overwhelming majority seems to have it as, in no particular order:

-Allen

-darnold

-Rosen

-Jackson

-mayfield

Outside of them, I haven't heard any top QB talk, just a bunch of "he might be good" guys.

Technically any guy can be good, as guys like Brady, Wilson, Rodgers, Carr, and other later picks have shown.

They are the exception though, not the norm, and the % of top5 drafted QBs that succeed is astronomically higher, so I'm with you cb26.

If they like a guy, go freaking get him.

Obviously if nobody wants to trade, they need a backup plan, but Christ Almighty, we can't go into the draft with lauletta/Rudolph/white as plan A

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"Everyone" meaning article saying Belichick will want Lauletta 'cuz, Lacrosse.   and Navy relative.

Good question.  He looks better, but I think Not Ready Nate played against a higher level of competition.

Some say Lauletta has a stronger arm, I can't judge.  I like his feet (as a QB, you pervs)

Here ya go.  Have a blast.

That was my thought as well.

As to the question of trading up into the top 5, you may be correct. However, I'm starting to think Denver is the sweet spot and only if they succeed in FA.

1&4 Cle Darnold &Barkley

2 NYG Allen

3 Indy Chubb

5 Buf trade w/Den after they sign Cousins

Denver needs OL help and could really get it with Glenn and 2 first round picks

Edited by horned dogs