Kyle Lauletta (Richmond) the target?

PIZ

Buffalo Fanatics Twitter:

"Draft Watch ?
We have learned that the entire top admin of the Buffalo #Bills have all been in to see #Richmond QB Kyle Lauletta. We believe Lauletta would be more of a plan b option of the tier 2 QBs."

https://t.co/GHHGlZgpXF

Was Terry P at Indy to see him?

Per Benjamin Allbrights Twitter:

"Everyone who had Richmond QB Kyle Lauletta slotted as a "day 3 guy" can go ahead and move him up to day 2".

Per Eric Edholm, Pro Football Weekly Twitter:

"Anyone remember QB Aaron Corp? Had cups of coffee with the Bills, Cowboys and Dolphins

He was Kyle Lauletta's QB coach this past season at Richmond".

Edited by PIZ

I like him as a RD2 option, I prefer Rudolph but I do like Lauletta. I'm not a big fan of trading up, I think Rosen and Darnold will be gone anyways. Browns would be stupid to not take Darnold and likewise for the Giants if they pass on Rosen.

If we stay put, I like Rudolph.

If we can trade down, I'll take the extra picks and draft Lauletta. I think he would be a great option behind Case Keenum, we'll know more after free agency.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Buffalo Fanatics has been wrong quite a bit, so ill take it with a grain of salt for now. Wouldn't mind the move though day two. 

Lauletta isn't the kind of prospect a team would "target".   You take a flyer on guys like him. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Lauletta isn't the kind of prospect a team would "target".   You take a flyer on guys like him. 

Kirk Cousins, Jimmy Garrapolo, Tom Brady, Derek Carr, Andy Dalton etc. were not highly coveted players either. Rosen and Darnold will be gone, let the scouts do their homework. Case Keenum mentoring Kyle Lauletta would not be a bad situation to be in.

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I haven't heard too much about him. What little I have seen is pretty pedestrian. Would prefer Luke Falk, who throws some of the prettiest balls out there (I read he puts more spin on any pass than several other top choices) 

Just now, NewDayBills said:

Kirk Cousins, Jimmy Garrapolo, Tom Brady, Derek Carr, Andy Dalton etc. were not highly coveted players either. Rosen and Darnold will be gone, let the scouts do their homework. Case Keenum mentoring Kyle Lauletta would not be a bad situation to be in.

I'm aiming higher than journeyman guys like Keenum and Lauletta. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I haven't heard too much about him. What little I have seen is pretty pedestrian. Would prefer Luke Falk, who throws some of the prettiest balls out there (I read he puts more spin on any pass than several other top choices) 

I watched three of his 2017 games and I just wasn't that impressed with any facet of his game.  

Per Daniel Jeremiah on Lauletta / Patriots:

"If I were them, I wouldn’t take one in the first round," he said.

As for names to keep an eye on, Jeremiah is very high on Lauletta. The Richmond QB has drawn some comparisons to Jimmy Garoppolo.

“When I saw him live for the first time I thought OK, he kind of reminds me of a little bit of a suped-up version of Drew Stanton," he said. "Drew Stanton has started games in the league. He’s been in the league for a long time coming out of Michigan State. The more I watch him I think he is a better version than that. Just in terms of -- I don’t think he has one trait that is going to blow you away with arm strength, accuracy, athletic ability, all that stuff -- he’s just solid. He’s really, really good across the board.

"I think [Jimmy] Garoppolo had a little bit more pop on the ball coming out. He has a little more twitch as a player overall. I don’t think he’s quite the athlete from that standpoint that Jimmy was. There are some similarities there and there’s no discernible weakness either.”

7 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Per Daniel Jeremiah on Luke Falk / Patriots:

"Another name to remember is Washington State's Luke Falk, who has some similarities to Brady.

“You can watch some of his mannerisms in the pocket," Jeremiah said. "He moves around like Tom and when you get to know him — I have met with him several times — that was his idol growing up, as I am sure several of these quarterbacks, Tom Brady was their idol. That is who he’s studied for a long time. You can see him adopting some of those mannerisms. He doesn’t have the arm strength that Tom has. That is the one difference between the two. Toughness inside the pocket, he’s got that, and release, mannerism and movement, he’s very similar to Tom.”

Here's the link to the article:

http://www.weei.com/blogs/weei/nfl-medias-draft-guru-daniel-jeremiah-not-sunday-podcast-patriots-shouldnt-draft-qb-1st?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by PIZ
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Per Daniel Jeremiah on Lauletta / Patriots:

"If I were them, I wouldn’t take one in the first round," he said.

As for names to keep an eye on, Jeremiah is very high on Lauletta. The Richmond QB has drawn some comparisons to Jimmy Garoppolo.

“When I saw him live for the first time I thought OK, he kind of reminds me of a little bit of a suped-up version of Drew Stanton," he said. "Drew Stanton has started games in the league. He’s been in the league for a long time coming out of Michigan State. The more I watch him I think he is a better version than that. Just in terms of -- I don’t think he has one trait that is going to blow you away with arm strength, accuracy, athletic ability, all that stuff -- he’s just solid. He’s really, really good across the board.

"I think [Jimmy] Garoppolo had a little bit more pop on the ball coming out. He has a little more twitch as a player overall. I don’t think he’s quite the athlete from that standpoint that Jimmy was. There are some similarities there and there’s no discernible weakness either.”

Drew Stanton as a comparable I can see.  Garoppolo...No way. 

10 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

What do you do when Darnold and Rosen go 1 and 2? Do you just give up and not draft a QB? I'm curious.

They aren't the only two guys in the draft and the Bills are evaluating all of the prospects including 2nd/3rd tier guys which makes sense.  

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

...and you know this how?.......what if McBeane goes OL/DL or DL/OL with the two 1sts and looks for his "flyer QB" among Rudolph, Falk, Lauletta or White?........fire 'em?.....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Drew Stanton as a comparable I can see.  Garoppolo...No way. 

They aren't the only two guys in the draft and the Bills are evaluating all of the prospects including 2nd/3rd tier guys which makes sense.  

You seem to be fixated on Rosen and Darnold though and I just think that's wishful thinking. If the Browns take Barkley #1, Darnold and Rosen could both be gone at #4, so Barkley is not an option at #1.

What about the Giants? Eli Manning is a billion years old, I do not see the Giants passing on Rosen, they're way too smart of a franchise to do that.

Once again, who do you like? You have these delusional thoughts that we are going to somehow trade up for Rosen or Darnold, it's not happening. 

Our only option may be to sift through the 4th, 5th, 6th best prospect. If we can find a journeyman veteran to carry the load, we can groom a prospect behind him for a few years. Cousins, Brady and Garropolo have one thing in common, they got to sit for a few years. Rudolph or Lauletta behind Keenum for 1-2 years is our best chance. In an ideal world we could draft the top rated QB, but that's just not how the real world works.

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and you know this how?.......what if McBeane goes OL/DL or DL/OL with the two 1sts and looks for his "flyer QB" among Rudolph, Falk, Lauletta or White?........fire 'em?.....

Beane said his number one job is to acquire a franchise QB to set the team up as a perennial contender.  None of them represent the potential to be that IMO.  Fire em? :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Beane said his number one job is to acquire a franchise QB to set the team up as a perennial contender.  None of them represent the potential to be that IMO.  Fire em? :lol:

....franchise.....elite....and the 38,167 definitions of what the hell one is that follow.................