Steelers are "listening to potential deals" for Martavis Bryant.

KGun12TD

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No......Bryant's well liked......the big issue with Bryant was the fallout from the 2016 suspension.

Like many weed fails he felt screwed by he league and that the Steelers were using their leverage to it's fullest to keep him at peanuts-level compensation.

His perception was that the team didn't have his back............meanwhile the Steelers felt they had his back for sticking with him.

Bryant actually has a point in that he'd have been quickly snapped up if the Steelers didn't stick with him........and then he'd be a UFA right now rather than slated to make $700K.

So from his perspective the team is double-dipping on the already far below value deal he had to sign being a 4th round pick.

I'll say this much.........at least he tried and made plays his first two seasons rather than working his team over knowing that he could get minimum wage ANYWHERE the way Marquis Goodwin did the Bills for the first 3 seasons of his deal.

Morons, all of them.

Bryant has ZERO point. He signed his contract.  His perspective that the Steelers are double dipping is a brain dead perspective.

Edited by jmc12290

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

According to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler, the Bills "were trying to get involved last year" in a trade for Martavis Bryant.

“We assume this happened around the trade deadline when Bryant voiced his desire to leave Pittsburgh when he lost his starting job to JuJu Smith-Schuster. Fowler believes teams came to the Steelers offering a fourth-rounder, but it wasn't enough in Pittsburgh's eyes. Fowler, however, does think a second- or high third-rounder could get the deal done this offseason. Bryant's contract expires after 2018, and he isn't expected to accept a long-term deal with the Steelers due to his desire to be a No. 1 receiver. That obviously isn't happening with the Steelers.”

-espn.com

...HIGHLY doubt it.....guy is one more hiccup away from permaban.....hardly is a McD type......

On 2/23/2018 at 5:12 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

And a guy like Paul Richardson is less proven and only 6' and will cost maybe $40M over 5 years based off of one solid season.

On 2/23/2018 at 5:30 PM, JohnC said:

Assuming Benjamin returns to good health he is a solid number #2 type receiver. In my view he will never be a number one receiver. I make the same claim for Zay. At best he is a number two receiver. We don't have a number one receiver on the roster and probably won't for the year. If Zay and KB play as solid number two type receivers I will be more than satisfied. 

If we brought in Richardson he would def become WR1 over no knees Benjamin.

Kid makes circuis type catches on the regular.

• I like that they were looking to make a move for him.  Not that I love the player but that they are not going to sit back and wait , they are going to be aggressive in improving the team.  This makes me very excited for the next month.   I don't except nor would I want to play in the top end of the free agent market , but I would love a 3-5 players singed in the 4-6 million dollar range.  Similar to the safeties they found last year . 

On 2/23/2018 at 10:55 AM, KGun12TD said:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Steelers are "listening to potential deals" for Martavis Bryant.

Rapoport made it a point to say the Steelers aren't necessarily shopping Bryant, but it sounds like they're all ears to offers. Bryant made a big stink midway through last season when he felt he wasn't playing enough, and the Steelers then made him a healthy scratch for Week 8. Bryant quit the social media complaining but was a disappointment with a 52-681-4 line. JuJu Smith-Schuster has emerged as the Steelers' No. 2 wideout. Bryant has one year left on his deal.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIM IN BUFFALO!!!

As a big Steelers fan that I am, we don't want him here. This guy is a train wreck, he's big, he's fast but he makes bone headed plays at crucial times. He is a joint away from never playing again, let him be another AFC East teams problem (not the Patriots), this guy is Josh Gordon 2.0, just my opinions from following the Steelers since the dawn of time.

• Like (+1) 1